Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inquisitor Lvl 44 Mission - The Veil

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Inquisitor Lvl 44 Mission - The Veil

Jalthi
12.29.2011 , 04:25 AM | #1
Possible spoilers below:

So, I ended up force persuading The Veil to join me on Nar Shadaa. Did anyone agree to let them take over the cult and get the item they promised that let's you summon something? I feel like maybe I missed out on something cool, ala Barov's Peasant Caller in WoW.

Malechai
12.29.2011 , 04:48 AM | #2
Ok this is quite hilarious, been stuck on this descission for 2 hours now, and couldnt find any info on it. then decided to try make a thread and sure enough someone beat me to it by 15 minutes

Needless to say im quite interested in this aswell

Edit: the reason im stuck is that I'm disappointed in the leadership of the cult but want to retain control and have those guys in charge (destris is a bit incompetent in my eyes)

@op if you force persuade them is there any indication of them actually joining the cult?

Jalthi
12.29.2011 , 05:00 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Malechai View Post
@op if you force persuade them is there any indication of them actually joining the cult?
Well, I can tell you that when I force persuaded them it went like this,

me: 'you want to join the cult'
veil: 'we want to join the cult, yes we'll join the cult. here's your computer chip'
end cutscene

Went back to cult HQ to talk to the 2 leaders.

me: "yup, I got the chip"
them: "great i knew you would. stick around for awhile, the cultists love having you here"
end cutscene, end mission

Completely unsatisfying. Didn't even get to tell them that "hey, I stuck up for you" then they reward you with something. Nothing, nada.

My understanding is that the Veil will work for you if you let them take over. I thought I was picking a choice that had them join me, give me everything, and just make sure I'm still in charge. What it really did was just make them give me the chip then I assume disappear forever. My only real hope is that somewhere down the line I'll get a letter with an item in the mail from the leaders or the Veil.

I looked up the quest a little online and one of the database sites has the objective "Defeat Lord Paladius" as the last objective. I'm assuming that's if you the Veil take over, and had let Paladius control the group. He's prolly not happy and you have to kill him. I imagine it'd be similar with the other 2 dope leaders.

TL;DR - I'd go with agreeing to let the Veil take over. Unless there's more follow-up to the story, force persuading (or killing them I assume) the Veil gives you nothing but the chip.

If you do let them take over, please come back and post what happens and especially if you get any cool loot from them.

Malechai
12.29.2011 , 05:06 AM | #4
with the agree'ing you come back to your cult, destris blows a fit (understandably) you get the option to say its for change and you want more powerfull allies, telling him to shut up, or killing him.

I'm mostly wondering what happens down the line with this

(i also want the same as you to have control of the cult with the veil working with them making me more powerfull)

EDIT: might want to change title to reflect that there are spoilers in the thread

Jalthi
12.29.2011 , 05:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Malechai View Post

EDIT: might want to change title to reflect that there are spoilers in the thread
So you didn't get the item that the Veil promised about "summoning help anywhere, not just Nar Shadaa" ?

And I thought having "possible spoilers below" then 10 lines of dots was ample enough to protect against unwanted spoilers. Either way, the thread isn't really ruining stuff for anyone - I'm sure that people who go through the quest have these questions.

Malechai
12.29.2011 , 05:16 AM | #6
havnt finished it yet still waiting to learn what happens with it in the long run. Might gonna reset the quest, as its so unclear what happens with it. So at the moment i have no clue sry

Drathco
12.30.2011 , 02:18 AM | #7
What is the name of the device you get to summon the Veil?

WarlockD
01.01.2012 , 01:52 AM | #8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVCtmqhdf3w

That was the path I went with. I spent 40 minutes agonizing this decision but this is the path I picked.

Anyone else pick the take over? Get the item in the bank?

Drathco
01.01.2012 , 02:23 PM | #9
nope its been 2 days, now, I just agreed to their terms. I still haven't gotten any device that I can call them from. BS!!!!

Danag
01.11.2012 , 12:21 AM | #10
Agreed, this quest was very unsatisfying, not to mention un-challenging.

I went the route of killing all three Veils, nothing immensely interesting. Almost seemed like a mini-quest, almost unnecessary to the rest of the story-line,