Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for a PvP Sniper build.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Looking for a PvP Sniper build.

piterpanx
12.29.2011 , 02:43 AM | #1
Hello i'm looking for a pure pvp sniper build can you help me?

Kyris_Xiandrii
12.29.2011 , 06:54 AM | #2
Kyris // Lethality Sniper // Kellian Jarro [PVE] // My Sniper Video

sladek
12.29.2011 , 08:12 AM | #3
i think Lethality build better way for pvp then MM.

BlackMercenary
12.29.2011 , 08:45 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by sladek View Post
i think Lethality build better way for pvp then MM.
I make his words, mine.

lethality hits faster than marksman and maybe even more, also it doesn't need the cover, the only problem is that it consumes two to three times more energy. As long as you keep your energy up, lethality is the way to go for pvp

ducksmyth
12.29.2011 , 09:20 AM | #5
Engineer is the sniper pvp spec.
It is all about the snare on interrogation probe with talents.
Otherwise you will never kill someone as they can run away too easily. Everything else you have to stop runners breaks on damage or is melee range otherwise.

Plus the top tier engineer talents are survivability talents which is what we lack. Even Plasma probe is not so much a damage skill as a melee deterent to be thrown on your own head.

Corrosive grenade can snare too but only has 50% uptime at best (and even then you clip your dot). Interrogation is 100% uptime if Torhead is true. Though on the other hand its 18 seconds between reapplication for IP and only 12 for the grenade.

If you want to go marksman then
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#40...MoRZrI0boRZb.1

You cant pvp without a snare.
Its not as bad a WoW without a snare because there is no runthrough spell cancelling, but as soon as you get a snare on you dont have situations where your screen is telling you they are in front of you and the server says they sprinted behind a wall 2 seconds ago.

bodatious
12.29.2011 , 10:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ducksmyth View Post
It is all about the snare on interrogation probe with talents.
Otherwise you will never kill someone as they can run away too easily. Everything else you have to stop runners breaks on damage or is melee range otherwise.

Plus the top tier engineer talents are survivability talents which is what we lack. Even Plasma probe is not so much a damage skill as a melee deterent to be thrown on your own head.

Corrosive grenade can snare too but only has 50% uptime at best (and even then you clip your dot). Interrogation is 100% uptime if Torhead is true. Though on the other hand its 18 seconds between reapplication for IP and only 12 for the grenade.

If you want to go marksman then
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#40...MoRZrI0boRZb.1

Its not as bad a WoW without a snare because there is no runthrough spell cancelling, but as soon as you get a snare on you dont have situations where your screen is telling you they are in front of you and the server says they sprinted behind a wall 2 seconds ago.
Corrosive grenade is also an aoe snare vs interrigation single target. Engineer also has no burst at all compaired to the others. Last time i checked burst is king of pvp. (unless you are just trying to do crazy amounts of dmg with no kb).

spyk
12.29.2011 , 04:12 PM | #7
I find that more points in Lethality is better for pvp, since it allows for lots of pressure with dots and the aoe slow is pretty good. This is my build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400ZrI0bRRZGbMkrrhz.1

Sniper survivability still sucks but there's not much we can do at this point.

MastaGigs
12.29.2011 , 05:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ducksmyth View Post

I beg to differ, as MM i may lack some def or snares but we have just as many ways to get out or keep them back. Also if you running as a team (IE premade with friends ect) MM offers alot more to the team with its burst where another class can apply better snares or control.

I run with a Marauder, Merc and Sorc most the time. If anything gets to me chances are we have been out played or getting stomped. Its also funny as all to blow up ball carriers within seconds of garbing it. Teaming with a Dps OP is also a great move when they guard you for anyone daring enough to charge you.
Quote: Originally Posted by CupieFoxtail View Post
Welcome to a loot system where PvP gear, like PvE gear, is gained with RNG
Enjoy your stay

Nonameperson
12.29.2011 , 05:10 PM | #9
This is my build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#40...MZhrbkrrhdGo.1

Can't complain at all

Kunixp
12.29.2011 , 07:04 PM | #10
I am leveling up marksman and not having a problem so far. BUT we shall see how that goes later
Autumnrose 65 Sentinel, Zastastia 65 Commando, Deviliah 65 Guardian, Unfi Sage, Augraine Scoundrel, Chy'raxx Shadow,
Shoushi 65 Sorcerer, Arkadienne 65 Operative, Agalin 65 Powertech, Konvix 65 Mercenary, Uziz Juggernaut, Xandarjj Sniper, Dauber Marauder