PVP at 50 is horrible

wettham

I hit 50 had enough tokens for 4 bags, got 0 gear out of it queue for a WZ and i get destroyed by geared out people in basically 2 hits. It is unplayable, I never post on the forums but this is absurd there is 0 value in getting destroyed by faceroll geared sith inquisitors for 30 minutes. Yes I am QQing but seriously one month after the game comes out and PVP isn't even competetive.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lrn 2 play.

Killing a geared inq solo is a tricky proposition, but that's why pvp is a team game and not a solo game. Unforutnately many players carry the solo mentality and have no clue how to work with other classes to pull out a win.

maybe get rid of your quest greens and do some dailies you'll have 126 rating weapons and armourings in 2 days max.

Spent about 200k at 50 to do so. Not that hard. Especially considering i had well over that and didnt have to really do anything to earn it. You can expect to win against 50s in PVP gear if you are still in 40-45 gear.

Correct. Warzones is annoying grind, champion bags are empty or contain duplicates, ilum pvp is 1.5fps living hell.

But there is battlemaster suit in the end.

Hint: you can ignore / avoid warzones and champion bags - just farm ilum. And vice versa.

Edited by Pashgan

Should be allowed to collect gear while you're leveling now that you have no option but to get facerolled in 50 warzones as a fresh 50. Glad I'm done with this garbage. It was actually fun until they started patching. And also i didnt really notice the ability delay because I played a facerolling powertech to 50 the first week. Once i rolled a sorc i was raging over my casts not going off 50% of the time. Just shows a cast bar but nothing casts. Basically double's/triples GCD. Not worth my time or money to beta test Star Wars.

In one day i went from loving pvp to total HATE

I have played almost all of the mmorpgs , as a new 50 up against geared out 50's Epic fail and now Ilum give me a break , 5 hours of pvp tonight zero wins good luck getting bags for a small chance of pvp gear, never rage quit before , this might be it , patch was an Epic fail,

Who wants my stuff?

Edited by MegusAlexandrus

I hit 50 had enough tokens for 4 bags, got 0 gear out of it queue for a WZ and i get destroyed by geared out people in basically 2 hits. It is unplayable, I never post on the forums but this is absurd there is 0 value in getting destroyed by faceroll geared sith inquisitors for 30 minutes. Yes I am QQing but seriously one month after the game comes out and PVP isn't even competetive.

wait, you still get wz qs after 1.1? lucky you!

Seeing as how people before today at 50 could fight in wzs with level 10s they wernt getting destroyed as a fresh 50 and they also wernt utterly destroying everyone else. Sure i can go into WZs and get face rolled by sith InQ and agents but is it fun absolutely not. Way to fail, waited years for this game and its a total let down.

PvP as you enter ANY bracket is "horrible". You are the new guy. Yer gonna get fed until you're not. Do you think lvl 10's do well against the higher end of their bracket? Not having sprint, or a stun is a lot like not having expertise. You lack the necessary tools.

Eventually you'll gear up and other new guys will come in to fill your spot. Until they introduce another tier of PvP gear. Then you'll either be on the bleeding edge, or a new guy again.

lrn 2 play.

Killing a geared inq solo is a tricky proposition, but that's why pvp is a team game and not a solo game. Unforutnately many players carry the solo mentality and have no clue how to work with other classes to pull out a win.

the thread poster has a point so saying learn to play when you look like a bounty hunter says it all specialy as bounty hunter and troopers take no skill whats so ever its nearly as bad as sage and sorce with there bubble lightning bubble lightning bubble lightning spam.

untill the OP class's have been braught to justice and nerfed and the underpowerd class's like assasin and shadow have been buffed a little, until then its who has the best premade of OP class's and builds that have the best gear also.

PvP as you enter ANY bracket is "horrible". You are the new guy. Yer gonna get fed until you're not. Do you think lvl 10's do well against the higher end of their bracket? Not having sprint, or a stun is a lot like not having expertise. You lack the necessary tools.

Eventually you'll gear up and other new guys will come in to fill your spot. Until they introduce another tier of PvP gear. Then you'll either be on the bleeding edge, or a new guy again.

well explained <3

Not sure why everyone is QQ'ing about the Sith Inq... I PvP all night long and Huttball pairs me against fellow Empire's and Sith Inq are not who I worry about... They don't knock u down stun lock u and insta kill u... Even on my alts that are not tanks I still dont fear them... I guess I just dont C it!

And how is it worse than before? :p

Before: You'd get sub-50s with you, getting ripped to pieces Even faster than you!

Now: It's atleast just 50s vs 50s, could not get more fair than that. Just take it as a man (or woman) and get some gear! Also this is how it has to be, and always will/have been. Or how would you like to fix it? ;) Want a game with "fairer" conditions but no progress? Go to a FPS game like BF3.

If you'd done it "right" you'd have received atleast 6 bags the second you dinged 50. (1 bought bag in inventory, and 5 bags from the accumulated 1000 mercenary/warzone commendations.

This is normal max level freshding stuff that EVERY mmo has once you reach that bracket. The only difference now is that you dont have lvl 15's to destroy and make you feel good about yourself. You were still playing againsed the same level 50's, and the same premades, its just that you dont have something you can 2 shot. There might be more premades now but thats just because the new patch dropped and everyones queueing wz.

It always happens like this. You reach max level and you start again. You get pumped for a few days and eventually you get enough gear where its not so bad and it gets from there. For the self declared experts who've played every mmo there is this is just common knowledge.

wait, you still get wz qs after 1.1? lucky you!

Yes and the Imperials in them have been rage quitting and getting rolled for the most part.

Only Quietus's A team and Don't get Cocky Kid's A team are worth a damn.

Call me stupid...but why not just have a Solo Queue Bracket and allow 8 man ops to queue as group as well at the 50 level.

They did that on AoC and it was still borked.

Their "random & balanced" non-premade queue would stick all the high PvP rank people along with all the healers in one group. Then put a squishy team with no rank, healers or gear on the other team, so it still ened up lopsided and everyone complained.

Edited by Sivlar

Call me stupid...but why not just have a Solo Queue Bracket and allow 8 man ops to queue as group as well at the 50 level.

The more divisive you get with PvP queues the fewer people there are in each pool to pick from. Fewer people means fewer matches which means longer waits between matches. Which is bad.

So you have a solo queue and a grouped queue. What about a full 8 man group vs 4 random pairs? Should I have higher odds of facing 8 man premades simply because I want to play with a guildie? Or do we break off yet another set of queues for full groups vs partials?

You, as a solo player, can always make your group bigger and telling people they can't play with their friends isn't cool. So premades happen. The best solution is to institute some kind of ranked play for full teams, and I'm betting we see that soonish.