2.4+ DPS Leaderboard

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If threat doesn't match damage it means a log has been edited manually?

All the parses in the top 5 Guardian/Juggernaut leaderboard have mismatching dam/threat. DD relics are not generating threat?

Yes and no. I'll take this opportunity to explain in detail.

For most classes, total damage will be equal to total threat. But, damage proc relics do not generate any threat (for whatever reason).

Let's take Kishekzun's parse for example:

Total damage: 1,043,941

Theoretically, his threat then would be 1,043,941. But, this obviously isn't entirely the case, as he actually generated 1,025,953 threat, which is a discrepancy of 17,988 threat. How much damage did he do with his damage relic? 17990. What about the last two threat? These are caused by any misses he had during the parse.

"22:53:05.037 Kishekzun's Brûlure (physique) hits Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations for 0 damage, causing 1 threat. "

"2:53:17.061 Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations dodges Kishekzun's Frappe, causing 1 threat."

Looking back at Latte's parse, looking past the fact that he's edited it manually already, which is a no-no for this thread, he has no damage proc relics listed in his AMR.

Now, some important things to take into consideration: threat won't always match damage. Attacks that generate no immediate damage but still apply some sort of effect to an enemy, that IS NOT a DoT (this is important), will also generate 1 threat. Assault plastique and sticky grenade are good examples of such skills.

"16:28:06.309 Evrydayimsmggln's Vital Shot adds effect Bleeding (Tech) to Operations Training Dummy."

"14:22:50.938 Daharel's Assault Plastique adds effect Assault Plastique to Operations Training Dummy.

14:22:51.163 Daharel's Assault Plastique causes 1 threat gain on Operations Training Dummy."

That's a brief look at threat and dummy parsing. There's more to it but, remember, if damage is very far from threat, it was probably doctored. Even for gunslingers, who probably have the highest miss numbers in the game, the threat variation is only a few hundred.

Nice Parse! DoT bug has been killing all my good ones, and I gave up xD

thanks! yeah, i hate that it feels like you leave dps out there somewhere because of that stupid bug....especially when you are in the last 30 seconds of it. :(((

im probably going to post a few once i get the MH and then cool it with parsing for a while....it's too aggravating

Edited by Transmet

Based off the wording of the patch notes,you can still use 2 serps,like say,UW and Kell,and it will still work as it has,they just won't proc at the same time now like they have,but they will still proc on seperate lockouts.

this is assuming bioware gets it right unlike the last 2 times.

Looking back at Latte's parse, looking past the fact that he's edited it manually already, which is a no-no for this thread, he has no damage proc relics listed in his AMR.

@Falver

If you look at my parse you may see that i have the proc skill "Brennende Macht" in the skill list. It's from the "Underworld Relic of Elemental Transcendence". It's not listet in my AMR because I changed my equip 1 day after the parse to the "Kell Dragon Relic of Serendipitous Assault". Is that forbidden?

In future I will create an AMR profile for each different parse.

I will change it back to dmg-proc relic, than my parse already fits.

Edited by SteffBody

@Falver

If you look at my parse you may see that i have the proc skill "Brennende Macht" in the skill list. It's from the "Underworld Relic of Elemental Transcendence". It's not listet in my AMR because I changed my equip 1 day after the parse to the "Kell Dragon Relic of Serendipitous Assault". Is that forbidden?

In future I will create an AMR profile for each different parse.

I will change it back to dmg-proc relic, than my parse already fits.

Oh, no, it's fine it's just that when the threat didn't match I just looked at the AMR to speed up the process. Normally I would have looked at the damage dealt section as well but, I'm sadly not literate in German. Make a note when you post about your relics and I'll take whatever you note into consideration.

^This. Was one of the reasons I stopped posting here until it got fixed.

Edit: Speaking of which, what now? The original response when I asked about them fixing it was "Well, they'll be replaced when 78 gear comes out anyways."

But now there are parses with them with people in 78s so the "gear will eventually surpass SA" is no longer valid.

Edited by MiralukaJedi

I didn't, I always felt this meant cheating :-P

SA & BA ftw!

I never once parsed with Double SA, never once used it. SA and Elemental Transcendence for me. Double SA is as much of a cheat as going into your parses and editing the text file. At the end of the day, skill does some of the DPS, a 1175 Power Surge does the rest.

It's actually rare to find a parse in the list not exploiting Double SA or Mainstat (If that is considered a bug by the devs).

Edited by Luckygunslinger

I never once parsed with Double SA, never once used it. SA and Elemental Transcendence for me. Double SA is as much of a cheat as going into your parses and editing the text file. At the end of the day, skill does some of the DPS, a 1175 Power Surge does the rest.

It's actually rare to find a parse in the list not exploiting Double SA or Mainstat (If that is considered a bug by the devs).

Ive used it on occasion while parsing and threw it on for boss fights sometimes, but otherwise I was aSA/BA guy or a SA/crit-proc most recently on my shadOw, whom can be seen on the leaderboard currently. So not ALL top leaderboards parses were abusing the bug. Just quite a few. I don't expect this bug being fixed to really impact the results of this board.

So wait, a relic that does the damage for you takes more skill than one that augments your damage? Double SA was a bugged mechanic but really?

Right now I'm contemplating archiving any double SA parses. Opinions?

Considering the fact that we all knew it would eventually be fixed, it would be up to your discretion to decide if those parses are now considered "fair" in relation to what can be used now, especially parses from people who are already in full 78s that have gotten fantastic RNG parses with a double SA. I think it would level the playing field a bit more, but those who used it religiously might not agree, and as it has already been pointed out to me in this thread once before, this thread's only purpose is for the highest number.

In my opinion though, they should be archived. BW never intended them to be used together, and anyone who purposely used it anyway should've known full well that it would be fixed eventually, thus retroactively invalidating any parse that uses them since others who are still gearing up cannot use the same setup to achieve high numbers now. The same could be said of the Mainstat relic, but again, that's up to the choice of the parser since that hasn't been fixed yet.

I would agree. This comes from the perspective of a Watchman Sentinel, but double SA has been around long enough for people to get just about BiS and it would require excellent RNG to beat those parses.

Depending on class, non-passive healing specs don't gain that much from double SA...

As far as archiving goes, up to you, but I probably wouldn't have allowed them in the first place if I was just gonna wipe them away upon fix. But it will be tough to beat some of the parses as Emperor-Norton mentioned.

Edited by odawgg

Loving this sanctimonious BS coming out of people 'I stopped parsing because of double SA cheating' lolololol. It wasn't cheating. It was what gave you the best damage in most class' case. You just didn't want to put in the time for the RNG which is fine, but don't get on your high horse. This is a thread to see how far the community can push your class.

I for one would like to see a fresh thread myself, but I am happy with whatever happens.

Noire

Edited by Transmet
sdasdasdasdasd

@Falver

I'm free with a new thread, a clearing, or an archive. Archive at least let's there be some leaderboard since so many people used it. To completely clear all of them just means that you have hardly any parses until people resubmit.

Archiving or new thread is preferred.

Right now I'm contemplating archiving any double SA parses. Opinions?

Fairly against it. Double SA was the BIS, but the other relics were only 10-15 power per minute behind. That's not enough of a significant stat change to alter the outlier Crit parses. We're talking changes of maybe 10-20DPS if the same parse had been done with Damage Proc, and arguably a DF BA + DF SA was better than DF SA + Obroan SA for any non-DOT spec class, and especially so for any class that has to build its own resource because the length of the procs wasn't significant enough. This would be different if it was more on the operation lines of the Mainstat Procs, but they're not, so it's not worth talking about :p

Fairly against it. Double SA was the BIS, but the other relics were only 10-15 power per minute behind. That's not enough of a significant stat change to alter the outlier Crit parses. We're talking changes of maybe 10-20DPS if the same parse had been done with Damage Proc, and arguably a DF BA + DF SA was better than DF SA + Obroan SA for any non-DOT spec class, and especially so for any class that has to build its own resource because the length of the procs wasn't significant enough. This would be different if it was more on the operation lines of the Mainstat Procs, but they're not, so it's not worth talking about :p

Q.Q

But seriously, if it's not "that important" just beat your top parse using different relics :p