making money with armormech

Vanji

I made some money selling augmentation kits too, though that was using only resources I'd gathered while adventuring. Needed to do something to get rid of all that silica and desh. If I end up with another buildup of those grade 1 materials, I'll do the same thing and try selling the kits later.

(Build 10 items using those materials, RE, them. Make kit. Repeat.)

• 1 month later...
R/E the lower level armors, especially in the 10-30 range. It takes a good while to get the purples unlocked, for some reason the chest and leggings take forever to get the purples, but you can make a good bit selling those. I'm on Jedi Covenant and found the GTN is mostly bare for good(blue/purple) Trooper gear in the mid range levels so that is normally what I craft and sell, especially the helmets. Can also make some good money on augments of all ranges. My Mk-1/2 sell just as well as the higher ones. It's just getting the schematics for them that can be a pain in the butt.

Making augments. I make serious cash with mk-6's

I make serious cash with MK-6's as well.

On my server, Beregen Colony, they usually go between 40k and 60k, but I usually sell mine for 42,600 each (after the GTN fee, I still get a bit more than 40k each)

I don't care if I get undercutted, cause at the end of the day, I always end up selling them all.

Armormechs can produce these the cheapest. (for me it's about 15k profit each)

Making augments. I make serious cash with mk-6's

This. And I'll let you in on a little secret - prototype (blue) quality augments sell VERY well and profit margins are excellent. You won't make millions overnight but you will make a lot of credits over time.

Here's the thing with armormech: if you're comfortable making a solid chunk of change, then it's a fine crew skill. But if you're looking to fund your entire legacy with a main of armormech, then you better look elsewhere.

the mk-6 augment kits, as others have stated, does sell

another thing to consider is selling lowbie purple armors; when i was leveling an alt (before armormech) and wanted to pimp her out in good gear i would buy purple armor until i came upon an orange which leads to...

orange armors-- the lower level the better; as alts get rolled all the time many will just buy gear off gtn rather than grind in quest heroics and lowbie flashpoints-- the mercenary head slot armor is a particularly good seller-- make at least 5k profit off of each one and a little more if you get an augment crit off of the crafting

armormech- it's not a huge money maker but a consistent one and if you have someone farming the mats the profits are even better

Edited by Daxy

augment kits. mk-6. making 800,000 credits a day is not unheard of

I'm gonna go ahead and call you out on this. Nobody's making 800k in a day by selling MK-6 kits.

Even if you're getting your mats for free and selling these for 40k, you've got to be able to craft 200 items and 20 kits. Raw crafting time is about 5 hours. On top of that, you'd have to farm something like 4 mats per minute (and hope your REs give you good returns) over the course of that 5 hour marathon.

So ok, it's possible....but nobody's doing that! :)