Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove class restrictions on weapon types.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Remove class restrictions on weapon types.

damphyr
08.09.2020 , 11:46 AM | #1
Another simple quality of life idea would be to remove class restrictions on similar weapon types.

Example: All Jedi/Sith can use any lightsaber/vibrosword configuration.

Example 2: All ranged classes can use Cannons, Sniper Rifles, and Blaster Rifles/Pistols.

This one is purely for fun and I know it's a pipe dream but I'd LOVE to see my Jedi Guardian weilding a double bladed saber, or for my Smuggler to whip out a huge freaking cannon during a firefight.

xordevoreaux
08.09.2020 , 07:41 PM | #2
I could just see Han Solo, a smuggler, walking around with a cannon.

Leah upon meeting Han Solo:
"Is that a T-12 Assault Cannon you're walking around with or you just happy to see me?"
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

MingusPho
08.12.2020 , 10:28 AM | #3
I think that would be awesome with one addendum--- maybe a minor damage penalty if it's not specific to your advanced class. I hate how the commando can use a rifle minus a few abilities. I think simply a damage reduction would be enough.

MaximusRex
08.13.2020 , 05:13 PM | #4
I generally support this idea, but it is unlikely to happen because they would have to create new animations and new code to support it.

As an example, I am a Juggernaut, If I were to be able to use a Saber Staff or Duel Wield, every ability would then need 3 animations, and it would need some code to recognize what weapon setup I am using and make sure the correct ability animation fires off.

Blaster Weapons are even more complicated as there are 4 types of weapons.