Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf marauder damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Nerf marauder damage

Evolixe
01.14.2018 , 02:35 PM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
Sometimes you active your stun just before you see their obfuscate/shroud go up by mistake. Simply because you planned to do that during the 1.5 seconds GCD.

My point is you can stun them (1 in 3 chance against a mara as a tank) but you CAN'T stun a sin.
Okay dude. Good Talk.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

TrixxieTriss
01.14.2018 , 04:17 PM | #492
Sometimes you active your stun just before you see their obfuscate/shroud go up by mistake. Simply because you planned to do that during the 1.5 seconds GCD.

My point is you can stun them (1 in 3 chance against a mara as a tank) but you CAN'T stun a sin.
I hate wasting a stun on a Sin by mistake. Itís usually because of lag, but itís still really annoying.

TrixxieTriss
01.14.2018 , 04:45 PM | #493
I dislike fury a lot (it's ridiculously simplistic on the level of arsenal merc), so I'd like to see it nerfed. But the other two specs don't need a nerf, carnage was already wrecked and I don't want to see them touch anni.
You know itís not that easy against good players and against snipers. Yes itís easy for newbies to pick up, the same as a Lightning Sorc is, but neither are easy to perfect, both have weaknesses. If you canít kite properly on a Lightning Sorc, then it doesnít matter how easy the rotation is because you will die. The same goes with a Mara, if you donít know some more advanced tactics and just jump in and hit stuff, you will die.
Iím not saying the rotations arenít easy on a parsing dummy, but a lot of classes are because all you need is to remember the rotation and build some muscle memory. But of course each class has challenges in pvp and the longer the rotation or the more complex it is can really affect it because priorities are used more than rotations, especially the rotations that require a longer wined up.
I think your complaint is more about Fury not needing to wined up like Anni or Carnage to get priorities off. Yes thatís an advantage, but look at what the spec is supposed to do. If they had a longer wined up, they would not be able to fight snipers or highly mobile classes. This is something people forget about the dynamics of classes. The high mobility of some classes needs to have a counter to it and we already have to much mez, slows and stuns in this game, not to mention those classes have a tonne of immunities to cancel those out.
With most melee abilities only 4-10 meters, it doesnít take long for those mobile classes to get out of range.
So to sum up, yes Fury can seem easy to pick up because itís rotation seems simple, but to really play it properly, it takes the same amount of skill lvl as all other classes and specs.

Cherepk
01.14.2018 , 09:47 PM | #494
Mara and Sentinels now kings of damage way too much for sure

Kaedusz
01.14.2018 , 11:32 PM | #495
If there is no terrain advantage for me to use and hide behind los object while they pop dcds, maras are not my favorite class to go toe to toe with with my sin.

It's the dcds that make them dangerous , not the damage in and out of itself.
7 days free subscription ---- > http://www.swtor.com/r/k9W2FP

supertimtaf
01.15.2018 , 10:29 AM | #496
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
If there is no terrain advantage for me to use and hide behind los object while they pop dcds, maras are not my favorite class to go toe to toe with with my sin.

It's the dcds that make them dangerous , not the damage in and out of itself.
Exactly ^^ As mutliple peoples said earlier, you can't dps when you're dead. But let a dps alone, freecasting on others and he will do wonders.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !