season 3

mmerry

PS you don't have to be "l33t" to push the queue team ranked button. It still highlights and puts you in queue I promise.

It helps to have gear, though, which is hard to come by when the 4s teams practice by farming the unranked WZs. At the risk of sounding like a sanctimonious douche, that sort of thing really puts people off even attempting the ranked queues. I'm not new to MMOs, this happens in every game of course, but it's still rough. I'd actually really like to try putting a team together (or joining one), but I'm new to the game and need to gear up. Getting hit for 40% of my health makes it clear that bolstering isn't much of a substitute, and there's only so many hours I can endure that lol.

No community can survive without a flow of fresh blood. =)

It helps to have gear, though, which is hard to come by when the 4s teams practice by farming the unranked WZs. At the risk of sounding like a sanctimonious douche, that sort of thing really puts people off even attempting the ranked queues. I'm not new to MMOs, this happens in every game of course, but it's still rough. I'd actually really like to try putting a team together (or joining one), but I'm new to the game and need to gear up. Getting hit for 40% of my health makes it clear that bolstering isn't much of a substitute, and there's only so many hours I can endure that lol.

First off let me ask you this... What is a 4's team supposed to do when the ranked que isnt popping? Craft maybe? Stand on fleet for endless hours lookin at how good my damn Sith looks?

On the other hand getting hit for 40% health is because your either trying to gear up in full 180 gear pve gear or your just not getting bolstered to full. Try to just go buy a set up Full Makeb purple Mods/enhancements/etc etc then que and if you have every spot filled you should still be at 2018 at around 31k health..... sure you wont have some of them juicy set bonuses but it will keep you from getting called out for having pve gear and such.

GG small wall of text.

Working as Intended has put up 2/3 teams so far. The comps have been less efficient than I would have wanted but nonetheless gg to all the teams queueing.

So far I've seen 2 Postmortem teams, Knights of Havoc with Stalker, and I heard Stim Addicts queued.

Will Working as Intended put on an official team? **cough** Raider **cough**

Will the former pillars of ashla peeps put on a team? **cough** Dany come back **cough

Will I find a permanent team? **cough** Fus come tank for me **cough**

Will Hayward ever give up smash and learn combat? **cough** smash too strong **cough**

All questions that need answering before the end of the season.

It helps to have gear. This is the smartest thing someone has said on the JC forums about ranked. *I'm not being sarcastic* But when exactly are the 4's team farming warzones? We're pvp guilds... What do you want us to do lol. Regardless, even if you lose everygame it still takes about a week to get full obroan at this time. I fully understand the frustration of losing in solo queue regs but you just gotta grind through it to get the gear like everyone else, including the people in pvp guilds.

Working as Intended has put up 2/3 teams so far. The comps have been less efficient than I would have wanted but nonetheless gg to all the teams queueing.

So far I've seen 2 Postmortem teams, Knights of Havoc with Stalker, and I heard Stim Addicts queued.

Will Working as Intended put on an official team? **cough** Raider **cough**

Will the former pillars of ashla peeps put on a team? **cough** Dany come back **cough

Will I find a permanent team? **cough** Fus come tank for me **cough**

Will Hayward ever give up smash and learn combat? **cough** smash too strong **cough**

All questions that need answering before the end of the season.

1. Raider, pls get team together :(

2. Dany, pls play swotr

3. FUSROTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTANK

4. Hayward too stronk, him playing any other spec would break PvP.

Losing 40% of your health in a GCD from 1 player means you need to L2P, stop clicking, and realize there are defensives in this game. Gearing up takes about 2 days....the difference b/w Obroan and brutalizer is minimal and by the sounds of it won't make a difference for you at all. In fact, Obroan is more than good enough for ranked.

At the end of the day, it simply sucks to suck.

/holohoop2

losing 40% of your health in a gcd from 1 player means you need to l2p, stop clicking, and realize there are defensives in this game. Gearing up takes about 2 days....the difference b/w obroan and brutalizer is minimal and by the sounds of it won't make a difference for you at all. In fact, obroan is more than good enough for ranked.

/holohoop2

dat elitism!!!!!!!!!!!

First off let me ask you this... What is a 4's team supposed to do when the ranked que isnt popping? Craft maybe? Stand on fleet for endless hours lookin at how good my damn Sith looks?

On the other hand getting hit for 40% health is because your either trying to gear up in full 180 gear pve gear or your just not getting bolstered to full. Try to just go buy a set up Full Makeb purple Mods/enhancements/etc etc then que and if you have every spot filled you should still be at 2018 at around 31k health..... sure you wont have some of them juicy set bonuses but it will keep you from getting called out for having pve gear and such.

GG small wall of text.

Just as a side note I have heard you can check your bolster by going to the ziost shadow. So if you are gearing to get pvp gear because you just hit 55 and didnt save any sabers, guns, etc. It is something called a blosterizer(spelling) and is by the training dummies. Hope this helps!

V/r

Gilgamesh

You'll note that I noted that this happens in every game, and is not a new experience for me. I've even participated in it in the past, briefly, though I quickly got bored. I'm not really faulting anyone for it, just making an observation. I'll get there one way or another, if not in season 3 then for season 4. Not many people have the patience I do. Again, this happens in every game: entry-level PvP is often a miserable experience and communities slowly choke themselves to death, as old players get bored and/or retire at a faster rate than new people enter the fray.

This game is better than most. Bolster does a decent job and gear seems relatively easy to obtain, but is still meaningful. It feels like a good balance between incentive and barrier to entry.

GG small wall of text.

Yeah I'm definitely not getting bolstered to max Expertise, which is the issue. I've tried looking up information on exactly how bolstering works. On its own it's confusing, but most info I've found on it is at least a year old, and uses the "old" mod numbering system, for extra confusion action. I was initially in full Oricon gear and wasn't getting put at max expertise, and as I've upgraded that gear I'm still not (~1900). I decided to stop wasting time trying to figure out bolster and just grind it out. Survivability is really only an issue when there's a premade with coordinated DPSers on the other team, and those are going to be painful whether I'm taking full advantage of bolster or not.

Thank you for sharing this bit of wisdom, I had no idea. It's always an honour to benefit from the experience of big-name PvPers.

Wait... who are you, again?

Just as a side note I have heard you can check your bolster by going to the ziost shadow. So if you are gearing to get pvp gear because you just hit 55 and didnt save any sabers, guns, etc. It is something called a blosterizer(spelling) and is by the training dummies. Hope this helps!

Ohhh, that is good to know actually. Thanks!

If you want regular grouped ranked come to Pot5 and play us (Hakuna), Tyrant, I AM LEGEND, PotB, Legion of Blood, Imperial bowling league as well as the random teams. Hakuna usually q's 4 or 5 nights and the q will normally pop from 8:30-12 eastern.

The level of play is higher and the pops are more frequent so if you actually want to play 4s, I'd go to Pot5 or Harbinger if you are west coast.

Edited by EnzoForMe

It helps to have gear. This is the smartest thing someone has said on the JC forums about ranked. *I'm not being sarcastic* But when exactly are the 4's team farming warzones? We're pvp guilds... What do you want us to do lol. Regardless, even if you lose everygame it still takes about a week to get full obroan at this time. I fully understand the frustration of losing in solo queue regs but you just gotta grind through it to get the gear like everyone else, including the people in pvp guilds.

1. Raider, pls get team together :(

2. Dany, pls play swotr

3. FUSROTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTANK

4. Hayward too stronk, him playing any other spec would break PvP.

My m̶i̶l̶k̶s̶h̶a̶k̶e̶ force sweep brings all the noobs to the yard,

And they're like

My spec's better than yours,

Damn right it's better than yours,

I can teach you,

But I have to charge

My DPS brings all the noobs to the yard,

And they're like

We're gonna get farmed,

Damn right you're gonna get farmed,

I will farm you,

But not your tryhards

But in all seriousness I'll be ready with Combat soon ;) Few more dummy parses to do after we get TORParse back up.

EDIT: And Caprica you should come back to JC, it's hoppin' for everything else (guild conquest so good) - let's bring back the good old JC kickball times.

Edited by theITfactor