Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Datacron new players.

Falconvizas
05.10.2019 , 12:25 AM | #1
Hello,

I am new player and have difficulty pick up all datacron especially those that need 2 people . Exist any cartel itens who u can pick up all. Is really difficulty now.

Setokai
05.10.2019 , 01:54 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Falconvizas View Post
Hello,

I am new player and have difficulty pick up all datacron especially those that need 2 people . Exist any cartel itens who u can pick up all. Is really difficulty now.
Depending on your server, some guilds will offer free summons to each datacron
http://www.swtor.com/r/xlcFwx
free stuff for a new or preferred status player
HK-55: Commentary: I am programmed for self-restraint. Usually.
Star Forge Guild site: https://swtorfancommunity.com/guild/132/606781

JediQuaker
05.10.2019 , 10:44 AM | #3
Exist any cartel itens who u can pick up all.
No, there's no Cartel item (that I'm aware of) to get all (or any) datacrons.

Your best bet for getting the datacrons that require 2 people is to:
a. Advertise in chat - either on the planet where the datacron is, or on the fleet. You might even need to offer some amount of credits (or something) as an extra incentive.
b. If you're not in a guild, try to join a guild that has at least a few active members, and get someone to help you.

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Adric_the_Red
05.10.2019 , 01:43 PM | #4
Juat to confirm: you can't buy datacron unlocks from the Cartel Market. You have to go tag the crons yourself.

Yes, that makes it difficult to get them all. And it's impossible if you're trying to get them all on your own, as there are several that require two or more people to get. And some are a pain to get, even with a group helping you. But at least now you only have to get them once, instead of jumping through all the hoops over and over, for every single character you have....

As others suggested, ask for help in Gen chat on whatever planet. Or join a guild and ask the guild for help. Depending on the cron, it might be a matter of someone else being free at that time. For some more complicated ones (like Rishi, or Fleet), you might need to suggest and/or wait for a "scheduled" time when the guild can assemble a group to work on it.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

Falconvizas
05.11.2019 , 10:14 AM | #5
Thanks for the tip. Really does not have much to do, you need all of them. I'll get everyone eventually.

JediQuaker
05.11.2019 , 10:54 AM | #6
Really does not have much to do, you need all of them..
You don't "need" all of them, even for the Achievement. You don't need to get the Fleet one(s) for the achievement, for example.
And, although you need the Matrix Shard Datacrons for the Achievement, they're not of much use other than that.

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

istvana
05.11.2019 , 12:03 PM | #7
Not only don't you need all of them, you don't *need* any of them.
Yes it is good to have higher attributes but since the datacrons were invented the level-cap has gone up more than once and attributes have gotten a lot higher. You won't even *notice* any effect from +2 or +4 or +8 from any attribute increase - unless you are a dedicated min/maxer that wants to max out all attributes just to have done it - or a dedicated raider or pvp player that feels the need to be at or near the top in everything - there is no need to worry about the cumulative effect even of all of the accursed 'crons combined.