Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith companion with Jedi

Roperratt
05.07.2020 , 03:59 PM | #1
I am relatively new to the game. I had my level 15 Sage on Tython when I saw the companion Vette with a lvl 75 Jedi (I think it was a Sentinel). She was listed as ***** Companion, with Vette written underneath. Am I mistaken? Is it possible for a Jedi to somehow recruit Vette?

Tohmas
05.07.2020 , 04:31 PM | #2
Well, this is a bit spoiler-ish since you haven't been to this part of the storyline, but the Knights of the Fallen Empire storyline changes things up quite a bit by way of companions. They temporarily take a...vacation. Most come back over the course of the story, but there are a handful that come back as part of the main storyline, and those come back for *everyone*. So every character has the ability to get Vette if they progress that far in the story.
Toh'mas Falmaryon

Want free stuff!? Try my referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rpCQ25

LD_Little_Dragon
05.07.2020 , 04:32 PM | #3
Yes, it's possible.

Once you start the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion you lose all your original class companions. As you progress through the storyline some (but not all) of the class companions become available to recruit by all classes. Vette is one of the universally available companions.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

SteveTheCynic
05.08.2020 , 10:31 AM | #4
"Sith companion" is ambiguous. Jedi Knights, late in their story, get an actual Sith as a class companion, and *everyone* can get either or both of two other Sith as companions. (Lana Beniko and Darth Hexid.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

turbomagnus
05.08.2020 , 11:30 AM | #5
To elaborate on what Tohmas and Little_Dragon said, after you start the "Knights" expansion, you lose all your previous companions (though I think Treek and HK-51 remain available for Crew Skill Missions only). Companions can then be unofficially divided into three catagories;
Storyline: Those companions whom, regardless of prior class and/or affiliation join you as part of the progressing story. This also includes several new companions and at least one NPC from an earlier expansion returning as a companion.

Universal: Those companions whom, though not required as part of the story, can be recruited by any character through 'Alliance Alerts' starting after KOTFE Chapter IX.

- Note; both of these catagories, though available to everyone, will react differently to a character they were previously a companion to (Vette will react differently to a Sith Warrior than a Jedi Knight, for example, and even differently to the Warrior depending on how they treated her, Light, Dark, or Romanced) and in the case of some Alliance Alerts, them being your former companion will allow you to skip a sidequest and immediately recruit them to your Alliance without having to jump through hoops.

Class-Restricted; Some companions will only return for the character they fought alongside before being seperated, their return also taking the form of Alliance Alerts, and remain unavailable to other classes.
- and then there's actually at least two companions who mix it up, coming from two different class stories and returning in a shared Alliance Alert for either of those two classes making them each available to the other class, but not to the rest of the classes...

Sadly, despite frequent player request, romances remain mostly limited, meaning that despite Vette becoming a companion to all classes, she can still only be romanced by the Sith Warrior and it has to be done during the base game...

SteveTheCynic
05.08.2020 , 01:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
To elaborate on what Tohmas and Little_Dragon said, after you start the "Knights" expansion, you lose all your previous companions (though I think Treek and HK-51 remain available for Crew Skill Missions only).
If you're in an area that doesn't impose a specific companion, both Treek and HK-51 are usable as "field" companions. Such areas aren't very common during KotFE (but if you step out by warping to the Fleet, then you can, indeed, use them in the field).
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
Companions can then be unofficially divided into three catagories;
Storyline: Those companions whom, regardless of prior class and/or affiliation join you as part of the progressing story. This also includes several new companions and at least one NPC from an earlier expansion returning as a companion.
Two NPCs, actually. (Er, *exactly* two.) They are
Spoiler
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

turbomagnus
05.08.2020 , 04:13 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Spoiler
Mea culpa. I couldn't remember if the latter actually served as a companion or merely an NPC contact.

haziqroslis
05.08.2020 , 04:35 PM | #8
You get pretty much all the companions on one of the later expansions.

ceryxp
05.08.2020 , 08:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Three and a half.

Spoiler
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

SteveTheCynic
05.09.2020 , 02:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Three and a half.

Spoiler
True, although the discussion was just in the context of KotFE, so I'm going to stick with "two" as the answer.