Unlocking flagship rooms

InfamousDolphin

Argument A:

• I want the same benefits, and to receive the same rewards for doing less work all on my own that others have to either work with others to acquire or do the work of several people to acquire on their own.

Argument B:

• The process for acquiring an item from a specific guild activity for a specific guild purpose is quite a bit grindy. I think the need for that item should be removed so that specific guild purpose is more streamlined, benefiting all guilds.

Yep, totally the same argument.

Actually they are, both are focused on destroying benefits of being in an actual guild. Try looking at the whole picture rather then trying to cherry pick to try and prove a point. There is NOTHING about guild ship unlocks that is not achievable even for a semi active guild. Instead, people want things basically handed to them with no investment in time, credits or otherwise.

The rooms are priced so that a guild has to work together to unlock it. when 20-30 people donate credits, it is only usually about a month for a semi active guild to save that amount of credits. There are a number of tutorials on this forum and other sites on how to make credits. The credit sink is not for purchasing from GTN, it is from the cost of the unlock.

Not everything is meant to be handed to you, some things you have to work together for, and achieve the goal. There is also a few ways to get those plans then purchasing them. Meeting conquest goals, hunting officers, Operations just to name a few.

Ooo I fully agree with your there. They shouldn't be free.

But since it's been years since they came out with the ships.

They lowered the cost from the 50 mill I once paid, to 8 today.

They haven't changed the unlock cost or way to do it.

I don't mind to have some way to get items to unlock them, or cost

I have an issue with the time it does take for small guilds or private ones to do it.

There is really no harm in change how it's done, since to get the benefits they added you need to grind levels anyhow.

I on my own have gotten to level 5 :D

I just hope they do alter it so I might unlock and deco it.

I use it as a private SH for my Imp char.

Don't hurt to ask now does it :o

Ooo I fully agree with your there. They shouldn't be free.

But since it's been years since they came out with the ships.

They lowered the cost from the 50 mill I once paid, to 8 today.

They haven't changed the unlock cost or way to do it.

I don't mind to have some way to get items to unlock them, or cost

I have an issue with the time it does take for small guilds or private ones to do it.

There is really no harm in change how it's done, since to get the benefits they added you need to grind levels anyhow.

I on my own have gotten to level 5 :D

I just hope they do alter it so I might unlock and deco it.

I use it as a private SH for my Imp char.

Don't hurt to ask now does it :o

And did you give any thought to all the guilds (and please do not play this off as mega guilds v small guilds) who worked their butts off, saved the money and purchased them at full cost (including the full guild ship purchase price)? It doesn't matter that the ships came out a while ago, what matters is everyone being held to the same standard. Small guilds got a deal when they cut the price of the purchase by more then 75%, I guess that wasn't good enough, and it was only a matter of time before someone tries to push for more.

I have been in 2 guilds, both small to medium, never the "mega conquest guilds" (well I was in one for a little while with an alt), and we worked and saved for months to open our guild ship, but all our work should be meaningless now? Sorry I don't think so.

What it comes down to, at least for me and I am sure others, is that everyone be held to one rule, and not having that established rule be cut at the knees because anyone, wants to get what others have worked hard for, struggled for, for practically nothing. Does it suck they cost so much, yeah I will agree with you on that ;), but that doesn't mean one group should get preferable treatment over another.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

• 3 weeks later...
I have been in 2 guilds, both small to medium, never the "mega conquest guilds" (well I was in one for a little while with an alt), and we worked and saved for months to open our guild ship, but all our work should be meaningless now?

"I suffered. Therefore, others should suffer."

This is one of the worst arguments ever made. But every time someone wants to make the world a little bit better, someone else says this. It makes me sad.

For the record, I am one of those guild leaders who worked for months to open up all of the rooms on our flagship. I would prefer that no one else have to go through that.

Edited by InfamousDolphin

"I suffered. Therefore, others should suffer."

This is one of the worst arguments ever made. But every time someone wants to make the world a little bit better, someone else says this. It makes me sad.

For the record, I am one of those guild leaders who worked for months to open up all of the rooms on our flagship. I would prefer that no one else have to go through that.

Cost of any encryptions are going up since less guilds are doing small invasions now. Also commanders are hard to find groups since we don't need to do anymore conquest objectives to hit 15k. These 2 reasons contribute to a dive in availablity of encryptions keys. There is a third alternative, crafting dark mark projects. Each dark mark project can be used to redeem for a key in the fleet vendor. As long as you are willing to sink funds into crafting them, this may be the best options as encryption keys supplies are drying up fast.

Edited by Visorknight

There is a third alternative, crafting dark mark projects. Each dark mark project can be used to redeem for a key in the fleet vendor. As long as you are willing to sink funds into crafting them,

You don’t need to sink too many funds to craft them. Just sink a hell of a lot of time into it. The hardest part id farming the refined isotopes.

You don’t need to sink too many funds to craft them. Just sink a hell of a lot of time into it. The hardest part id farming the refined isotopes.

Then they would be complaining about the cost of the isotopes when the demand rose, and they had to pay the increased price. Because it would take forever to farm those.

Then they would be complaining about the cost of the isotopes when the demand rose, and they had to pay the increased price. Because it would take forever to farm those.

It takes 1.5-2 hours to farm 8 isotopes for a DP. It really only becomes a problem when you need 3 DP’s for getting the companion token to lvl them up. 24 isotopes is a grind and boring as hell.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The problem is since they drastically nerfed the Isotope droprate.

Prior to the nerf all the savy guilds managed to get very cheap unlocks, you could buy bundles of isotopes in the 100's for very cheap prices. It cost literally no more than 5-10m credits per framework to craft a framework. So at absolute max you were paying 50m to unlock 1 room. At todays prices its more like 500m credits. So yeah that is not balanced or equal, no matter the guild size.

So back to the math... considering a lot of rooms need 5 Frameworks, thats 250 Dark matter Projects. Thats in total 2000 isotopes to farm if you go the crafting route. Lets say 2/5 of the frameworks you get from conquest completion (which is quite high for small guilds), that still leaves obtaining over 1,200 isotopes. At at least 200,000 credits a pop to buy thats 240,000,000 credits. Per room!

Get the isotopes yourself and I dread counting the hours and hours and hours of grind to get the isotopes.

They need to up the Isotope droprate, I have been saying it ever since the nerf!

Dark Projects usually sell for about 2x the cost of an encryption, so making DPs to directly trade for an encryption that's only worth half as much is about the dumbest thing anyone could do. It makes much more sense to sell the DPs on the GTN, then buy the encryptions on the GTN.

Unfortunately, the DPs have other value because they are also used to buy some nice stuff to put in the flagship. Because there's only one way to get DPs and multiple ways to get encryptions, this is another strike against using DP sales to buy encryptions.

Edited by MorseGod

The problem is since they drastically nerfed the Isotope droprate.

Prior to the nerf all the savy guilds managed to get very cheap unlocks, you could buy bundles of isotopes in the 100's for very cheap prices. It cost literally no more than 5-10m credits per framework to craft a framework. So at absolute max you were paying 50m to unlock 1 room. At todays prices its more like 500m credits. So yeah that is not balanced or equal, no matter the guild size.

So back to the math... considering a lot of rooms need 5 Frameworks, thats 250 Dark matter Projects. Thats in total 2000 isotopes to farm if you go the crafting route. Lets say 2/5 of the frameworks you get from conquest completion (which is quite high for small guilds), that still leaves obtaining over 1,200 isotopes. At at least 200,000 credits a pop to buy thats 240,000,000 credits. Per room!

Get the isotopes yourself and I dread counting the hours and hours and hours of grind to get the isotopes.

They need to up the Isotope droprate, I have been saying it ever since the nerf!

Using a level 50 companion, dark projects can crit to give 2 per craft. Dark projects can go for about 2 mil on gtn, keys about 1.2mil+ depending on supply. Keys supply are low these days. At anytime, it is hard to find even more than 50 of them on gtn.