Fully Min/Maxed Carnage Marauder PvP Video

Megatfx

Minor editing. Shows damage of a fully itemized Carnage Marauder. 1v1, 1v2 clips, few survivability clips, and an unedited Voidstar at the end which I queued solo for, 0 deaths, 834 DPS at the end of the match (Rotated from side to side, picture perfect WZ). You'll see a 7K force scream crit as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Min-maxing

There is no clicking, backpedaling or keyboard turning.

Using this gear:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/5cd48d26-1023-401d-a166-527b62574fe8 (Didn't waste the time putting in my exact armor, just the mods/enhancements/augments/etc I use)

Edited by Megatfx

OMG man ya kill **** my maruader well can't do much since hes lvl 41 as an annihilation if you have played that spec already can ya compare that way for me I can find out if the Carnage will bust **** up more than the Annihilation?

NVM I found another thread that ya posted about the Carnage.

Edited by Tooie

Do you think the Advanced Might Hilt 26 > War Hero's Rage Hilt 26 for min max?

68str 49end vs 36str 34end 50exp

Nope, tried around with a few of those builds on the robot builder and it didn't work as well.

Plus in 1.4 we get new hilts anyway.

Edited by Megatfx

Nice video. Few things I would like to point out:

1. Please show HP bars, allows the viewers to get a sense of the competition you're facing.

2. I kind of disagree with your min/max stats. Getting consistent 5k Force Screams is fun, but most of your damage is still going to come from Massacre, not to mention Ravage and Dispatch. So, crit rating is too low, imo, and you could probably deal more DPS with a bit more crit.

But, nice video, and should be an eye-opener on Force Scream damage :p

Nope, tried around with a few of those builds on the robot builder and it didn't work as well.

Plus in 1.4 we get new hilts anyway.

Might Hilt: 68str 49end

WH Hilt: 36str 34end 50exp

Subtract the difference. Might Hilt has +32str +15end -50exp More than WH Hilt. WH Hilt just has +50exp -15end -32str . I cannot logically believe that the +50exp > +32str +15end unless my numbers are off somehow. Please elaborate why you feel WH Hilt > Might Hilt. Thanks.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Might Hilt: 68str 49end

WH Hilt: 36str 34end 50exp

Subtract the difference. Might Hilt has +32str +15end -50exp More than WH Hilt. WH Hilt just has +50exp -15end -32str . I cannot logically believe that the +50exp > +32str +15end unless my numbers are off somehow. Please elaborate why you feel WH Hilt > Might Hilt. Thanks.

Because you'd have to give up orange belt/bracers and go with War Hero ones which are itemized terribly unless you want to go around with 1100 expertise. 1200 expertise is ideal, anymore than that and you start sacrificing too much damage for little returns. Any less than 1200 expertise you're sacrificing too much PvP bonus damage and damage reduction. I picked my method because then I hit the sweet spot of 1208 expertise.

Okay I've tried a few configurations by simply modifying our gear layout using my character builder:

Default settings

618 Bonus Damage

1208 Expertise

25% Crit

19026 HP

78.80% Surge

2x War Hero Hilt with Orange Belt and Bracers with 2 expertise crystals to offset the expertise loss:

590 Bonus Damage

1130 Expertise

28.66% Crit

19259 HP

78.80% Surge

Now let's try 2x War Hero Hilts with War Hero Belt/Bracers with 2x Power Crystals:

592.0 Bonus Damage

1188 Expertise

26.32% Crit

18676 HP

78.80% Surge

The better combination of the two seems to be the 2x War Hero Hilts with War Hero Belt/Bracers with 2x Power Crystals but I don't like how much bonus damage I lose, dropping below 1200 expertise and dropping below 19k HP just to say I am using Advanced Might Hilts.

Edited by Megatfx

I even took it a step further, now the only thing I've modified is just adding the War Hero hilts and dropping down to 1108 Expertise.

Bonus Damage 632.4

Critical Chance25.37%

Critical Multiplier78.80%

Expertise 1108

19344 HP

So I gain 300 HP, 14 bonus damage but lose 100 expertise.

1208 expertise is:

22.84% Damage Boost

18.59% Damage Reduction

1108 Expertise is:

21.43% Damage Boost

17.65% Damage Reduction

So someone with 1208 expertise is going to hit 1.41% harder, but against someone with 1108 expertise they are going to hit over 2% harder because of their lack of expertise. 14 bonus damage isn't 2%.

Hope that clears it up.

Minor editing. Shows damage of a fully itemized Carnage Marauder. 1v1, 1v2 clips, few survivability clips, and an unedited Voidstar at the end which I queued solo for, 0 deaths, 834 DPS at the end of the match (Rotated from side to side, picture perfect WZ). You'll see a 7K force scream crit as well.

There is no clicking, backpedaling or keyboard turning.

Using this gear:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/5cd48d26-1023-401d-a166-527b62574fe8 (Didn't waste the time putting in my exact armor, just the mods/enhancements/augments/etc I use)

Do you actually use cauterize/rupture? If so when? I actually pushed it off my bar because I've never found a situation with carnage where I would prioritize it over massacre.

• 2 weeks later...
just swiched to anni last week, couldnt figure out my sweet spot with carnage in pvp, although i do better with carnage in pve, weird i know, but you just cleared up a bunch of **** for me, and now im goin to switch back and see how i do, im full battlemaster, mostly augmented, so im still working at it, and ive had my mara before 1.2, just never got good with the class till i finally buckled down and worked at it, so im not a fotm trolling trying to figure out how to faceroll people lol