Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vibroknife doesn't exist in vendors?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vibroknife doesn't exist in vendors?

Ayestes
01.03.2012 , 10:10 AM | #11
Commendation Vendors typically sell either primary weapons or offhand weapons. Since the vibroknife is an offhand weapon it won't appear on the primary weapon sellers. There exist Commendation Vendors for both primary and offhand weapons, I just bought a level 42 vibroknife off the Belsavis vendor.

saltorio
01.03.2012 , 10:24 AM | #12
Armstech crafters can make vibroknives. The initial recipes are green, but if the crafter puts some time and effort into re-engineering them they can get blue and then purple recipes.

My Sniper is an armstech crafter. Her first priority with each level of crafting is to get her sniper recipe up to purple (which can take a while). After that I've tended to focus on vibroknives and whatever weapon my companion of the moment uses. So far I have yet to get a vibroknife to purple, but I have gotten every sniper rifle from levels 19 to 33 to purple, and done each one before reaching the minimum level to use it.

The main reason I haven't progressed my vibroknife recipes to purple is that I usually get the next sniper rifle recipe before I've progressed that far, and my priority then switches.

leihn
01.03.2012 , 10:36 AM | #13
Belsavis Commendation vendor carries blue Vibroknives.

Warwulftwo
01.21.2012 , 11:29 AM | #14
There is a level 25 blue vibroknife recipe on the Galactic Trade quite often on my server. I'm not too enterprising, but being an Operative with Armstech I know of the sparse selection and have taken advantage of it. I think Operative will soon be a FotM and I've been belting out those knives for 10k a pop.

In the 20-30 level range there are very few blue vibroknives on the AH, and all of them have Aim, so it's possible to corner the market. A good idea may be to buy schematic on the cheap and have a friend use and make it for you. You could even half in on the materials and split the profit.

No luck reverse engineering purple recipe or getting an augment slot, but the profit margin on it is so high I can afford to disassemble every few.

Wulalowe
01.24.2012 , 10:47 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by saltorio View Post
Armstech crafters can make vibroknives. The initial recipes are green, but if the crafter puts some time and effort into re-engineering them they can get blue and then purple recipes.
Currently there are no RE recipes for vibroknives or scatterguns so don't waste your mats trying to make those green knives blue or blue to purple. Just craft them till you get an augment slot and be done with it.

texasfanboy
01.24.2012 , 11:17 AM | #16
Vibroknives are technically offhand items, and fall into the same pattern as Scatterguns, Foci and Shields.

The only moddable offhand items are Sabers and Blaster Pistols, and I can't recall seeing a single off-hand only moddable version of either, only ones that can be used in either hand.

mrkotter
01.24.2012 , 01:32 PM | #17
there is an offhand only pistol on the belsavis commendation vendor .... not that this helps in any way

mrkotter
01.24.2012 , 01:59 PM | #18
there is an offhand only pistol on the belsavis commendation vendor .... not that this helps in any way

saltorio
01.24.2012 , 02:12 PM | #19
The Corellia commendation vendor carries both a healer and a DPS cunning-based Vibroknife. I believe the weapon vendor in the Corellia Spaceport also sells similar Vibroknives for around 40K each. They are blue, and somewhere around level 48.

Unfortunately, there are no Cunning or Aim hilts, and thus there are no orange Vibroblades or Techstaves (the Techstaves are used by Scorpio). And Armstech is currently bugged so that RE'ing a Vibroknife will never produce an upgraded plan.

So in these respects, Agents get the short end of the stick when compared to Smugglers who use a pair of pistols. Hopefully BioWare will rectify these issues soon. To puch them to do so, I recommend everyone post a ticket.
Questionable Intentions @ Mind Trick
Castellia (50 Imperial Sniper) | Talasin (Sith Marauder) | Arguras (Mercenary) | Platapotateus (Sith Sorcerer)

harry_manback
01.24.2012 , 03:50 PM | #20
I thought melee damage was based off of the rifle weapon damage + tech power + cunning bonus, and the vibroknife is basically a stat stick. I recall a post about that from beta at least.
"Concentration, focus, long-term thinking--those are the qualities that separate a warrior from a mere flailing fighter."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn