Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vibroknife doesn't exist in vendors?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vibroknife doesn't exist in vendors?

FusRoDahh
12.25.2011 , 09:43 AM | #1
I've noticed the. Commendation vendors have every weapon for every class except for vibroknife.

I assume this is a mess up... Only way I get vibroknife upgrades are thru quests. I just cleared every single quest on Taris - not a single vibroknife upgrade.

Although I'm not sure how game mechanics work as it doesn't seem to scale bases on weapon DMV when you shiv/backstabbing/evis/lacerated etc...

Please fix/inform us poor operatives!

ihateyouall
12.25.2011 , 09:54 AM | #2
they appear to be common drops in flashpoints

Stillnotking
12.25.2011 , 09:56 AM | #3
There aren't many on commendation vendors. I can't remember if there are none, or if they are just rare.

Weapons vendors and specialty vendors do often have them for credits, but they are expensive. You're right that it's not easy to keep a good vibroknife unless you get lucky with drops or are willing to spend a lot of credits on leveling gear.
Imperial Agent - Operative - Medic
"Every man is surrounded by a neighborhood of voluntary spies." - Jane Austen

Filo
12.25.2011 , 09:57 AM | #4
There is at least one Vibroknife on a commendation vendor.
I think it's Tattooine or Alderaan.

But your point still stands, OP.
They are way too seldom, considering it's basically the main weapon for the Operative.
Are you the ultimate idiot? Click here to find out!

Jivefenix
12.25.2011 , 10:08 AM | #5
Also you'll notice that the vibro knife isn't on the pvp weapons vendors until 50.

Poolerzeus
12.25.2011 , 10:57 AM | #6
I was also wondering why the vibroknife is the only weapon that can't be modified ? That would at least help with the fact that they are so hard to find.

Canieldonrad
12.25.2011 , 02:44 PM | #7
There are orange vibroswords on vendors but I can confirm that none have the knifes. What gives?

Psykhe
12.25.2011 , 05:53 PM | #8
Its because the vibroknife is an offhand. I haven't found any orange offhand only item.

Yes, marauders use lightsabers as offhand, but those are also mainhand weapons. Although I think I saw an offhand only slotted lightsaber at commendation vendors once.

Either way, it sucks. I think it's the only of the 8 ACs per side which has no slotted main weapon.

Doxxs
12.25.2011 , 06:31 PM | #9
They are a few that armstech users can craft...they are green yes but with an "exceptional" roll you can get one with an augment slot and boost the cunning quite considerably.

If that helps.

Foxdyye
01.03.2012 , 09:35 AM | #10
Actually most weapon vendors have a random roll lockbox for offhands, usually when i buy one it gives me a decent vibroknife, check it out.