Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

headshot vs eviscerate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
headshot vs eviscerate

ChickenFudge
01.21.2012 , 10:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by NicWester View Post
They're on separate cooldowns. Use both!

(Or use neither, since they don't work in PvP...)
Unless they changed it in the day since I last played, they share the same cooldown.

Kamay
01.22.2012 , 12:49 AM | #12
I just picked Eviscerate because i was too cheap to spend money on both when they do basically the same job.
*pewpew*
Imperial Medical Operatives - spray painting you with Kolto since 5000 BBY

vimm
01.22.2012 , 07:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by bobmcbo View Post
tooltip
Oh yeah? My Eviscerate has higher damage, so....yeah!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Tekks
01.22.2012 , 08:21 AM | #14
Ignore, based off no longer applicable build -
Ok, the plan is: Win. If we lose, its your fault cause you didn't follow the plan

Lukiduk
01.22.2012 , 09:16 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tekks View Post
They are different attacks on the same timer because different specializations benefit differently from the attacks...

Head shot is a Ranged damage type, so its damage benefits more from the AIM skill and the higher DPS Sniper Rifle

Eviscerate is a Tech attack so your Knife, Cunning and Tech skills funnel into how much your hitting for.

So Snipers will rarely if ever have any benefit from using Eviscerate since their focus should be on Rifles + AIM, with he reverse for Operatives who use Cunning and get skill tree bonuses into tech and melee damage/crit.

It would probably cause less confusion if they just made HS Sniper specific.
AIM? Seriously? Do you play this class LOL?

Tekks
01.22.2012 , 10:37 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lukiduk View Post
AIM? Seriously? Do you play this class LOL?
Yeah, I do. I edited my post out since I made the mistake of basing it off older information that I never had to test personally since I always played the Operative side of the class, apparently Cunning is the way to roll either way now.

Also, if I'm wrong about something, lets try to act like we're older than 6 and state a constructive argument as to why I'm an idiot rather than just troll.
Ok, the plan is: Win. If we lose, its your fault cause you didn't follow the plan

Datsmyaggro
01.22.2012 , 01:15 PM | #17
I will use either of them based upon the situation. If i stun them and they are low on health i will Evisc, or if i just don't feel like moving. If i need to move then i will headshot being as i am now at a range from the target. Also, if there is another person in group that can stun which will activate these abilities i can headshot that target from range.

And yes i believe the dmg is based off the weapon dmges. At the moment my Evisc does more than headshot. kinda dumb but it's what it is.

Zunayson
01.24.2012 , 01:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by NicWester View Post
They're on separate cooldowns. Use both!

(Or use neither, since they don't work in PvP...)
No, they share cooldowns, it says.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

saltorio
01.24.2012 , 01:59 PM | #19
Simple reason to use Headshot over Eviscerate: Range

Throw a Frag Grenade, then Headshot while the mob is on the ground. Drop an Orbital Strike, then Headshot while the mob is on the ground. Simply put, any sort of incapacitate (I believe Eng gets one or two more than Marksman does) + Headshot = WIN.

As a sniper, I use Headshot every time the cooldown is up. If Orbital Strike is on CD (every second fight or so), I'll Frag Grenade + Headshot to take one standard enemy out of the fight quick. Ambush + Followthrough (Marksman), Snipe + Takedown, Frag Grenade + Headshot there goes three standards, and now I just have to deal with the strong that my companion has been beating on.

As it's near impossible to get a Vibroblade that's better than your Sniper Rifle (since there aren't any orange Vibroblades (no Cunning hilts) and Vibroblades can't be RE'd for upgraded armstech schematics (making purple vibroblades near non-existent), Headshot will do more damage most of the time, and do it at range.
Questionable Intentions @ Mind Trick
Castellia (50 Imperial Sniper) | Talasin (Sith Marauder) | Arguras (Mercenary) | Platapotateus (Sith Sorcerer)

Ludstar
01.24.2012 , 05:29 PM | #20
I ran into a glitch once since patch 1.1 where I used Eviscerate and it went unusable due to cool-down, but Head-shot was still usable. I realized after a couple seconds and used Head-shot as soon as I could. The Cool-down on Eviscerate was about halfway by then and it reset to synch with the head-shot cool-down. Only saw it happen once though...