Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

Sorwen

And unlocked the ability to be unable to buy something for 2 million. Its awesome. My families legacy is about being crafters that are broke and I get to feel it at every level. I can't wait till they unlock more things I can't purchase.

Edit: I guess I should give them props for making the game life like at least.

Edited by Sorwen

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And unlocked the ability to be unable to buy something for 2 million. Its awesome. My families legacy is about being crafters that are broke and I get to feel it at every level. I can't wait till they unlock more things I can't purchase.

lmfao... I think my legacy related to your legacy

You are right everything would be way better if they gave it away for free and everyone had it.

I'm waiting for raid drop tokens to require the token + 1 million credits per item. I mean, how lame is it that you only have to earn something once!

Take heart, OP - I hear the Dark Council just passed EmperorCare - between that and the USU (United Sithworkers Union) you should be well provided for. Just ignore that pretty red thing stuck through your navel, it's just a perk.

In all fairness, Bioware did say, back in March at the guild summit, that the legacy stuff was going to be expensive.

I think it's funny how they promised nothing was going to take credits AND legacy. Yeah, legacy "unlocking" the ability to purchase something with credits isn't the same thing at all...

I think it's funny how they promised nothing was going to take credits AND legacy. Yeah, legacy "unlocking" the ability to purchase something with credits isn't the same thing at all...

a) They never promised anything.

b) They said that if you didn't feel like grinding out all that legacy for stuff, you can also acquire them via credits. They never said you wouldn't need ANY legacy AT ALL for stuff.

If you can show me different, I will be happy to admit I am wrong. I am going by the guild summit.

Edited by Skoobie

I think it should only cost creds if your not at the right legacy level yet. But once you reach that lvl in legacy it should be free. Including race unlocks say legacy 10 opens humans 15 another race 20 another. Keep going that way. At least it wouldnt break you to unlock one and it wouldnt require leveling a charecter on a faction you dont want to play.

They constantly say how they wouldnt want to try and force players to play a certain faction. But they sure as hell dont mind doing everything they can to force you into altaholics rehab.

a) They never promised anything.

b) They said that if you didn't feel like grinding out all that legacy for stuff, you can also acquire them via credits. They never said you wouldn't need ANY legacy AT ALL for stuff.

If you can show me different, I will be happy to admit I am wrong. I am going by the guild summit.

http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?p=3401855#post3401855

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The last paragraph is so funny.

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).

I realize he's not a native English speaker, but I don't care what language you speak it's clear he's saying 2 different things in the same breath. The man should be a lawyer. Maybe he can help us understand what the definition of "is" is...

I'm quite ok with the Legacy Unlocks and how it works.

They are by no means "Essential" nor "Game-Breaking", just some nice perks you can buy if you so desire.

Besides, Credits are so damn easy to come by; Only people that have no interest whatsoever in making money ingame that are broke. Legacy, even tho' a bit harder, is also easy as pie. You even can raise both at the same time.

Is it boring? Yes it is, dailies are chores within MMORPGs. Don't want to do them? Fair enough, don't whine when you can't afford said "No-essential perks", tho'.

You are right everything would be way better if they gave it away for free and everyone had it.

It would be - so my Legacy level 38 actually did anything for me. You get everything with incredibly low legacy levels and have to pay insane amounts for it. Now, I do have the creds but ***? 500k for a dummy that you can also practise on on the fleet? 5 Mil for a GTN you can access on NS? 2 mil for a lousy rocket boost? It's like paying 500 dollars for a slice of pizza to not have to walk 5 more minutes to get it for 5, it's just bad design. Actual Legacy Level does nothing for anyone beyond 10 or so, it's all just huge credit sinks without any benefit at all, nothing of that stuff is wotrth even 1/10 of it's price.

Question regarding legacy levels.

I am currently at legacy level 11 and what worries me a little bit is that I have to level up alts over and over to get to 20 which is what I want so I can finally play a Jedi that actually looks like a jedi (with the level 20 legacy orange set).

My question to you guys are this;

As I said I am currently at legacy 11 and my main is level 42. I also have a 33, 26, 35 and 19 level characters at the same server. Is it possible that I can raise my legacy to 20 with my main only by doing dailies at 50 and such?

Would be grateful for answers :)

Edited by redsovereign

As I said I am currently at legacy 11 and my main is level 42. I also have a 33, 26, 35 and 19 level characters at the same server. Is it possible that I can raise my legacy to 20 with my main only by doing dailies at 50 and such?

Yes; dailies are probably the most efficient way of grinding legacy if a bit dull. On my reroll server, I'm nearly at legacy 19 and i have 1 50, 45, and a 27. If I hadn't switched over, I would have hit the mid 40s on my old legacy by now just from running dailies and such on my 50s.

Question regarding legacy levels.

I am currently at legacy level 11 and what worries me a little bit is that I have to level up alts over and over to get to 20 which is what I want so I can finally play a Jedi that actually looks like a jedi (with the level 20 legacy orange set).

My question to you guys are this;

Yes you actualy get more legacy xps from a lvl 50 Also i would check on that legacy lvl 20 armor as you can get the exact same armor and even some better looking by around lvl 30. As a matter of fact the lvl 11 quest on coresaunt republics most wanted is actualy a descent modable robe takes about 15 mins to get also and no money . But will admit it dosnt have the metal on the back of the robe wont get that till around lvl 30 inside the taral v flashpoint.

But before i sunk that much of my creds id definatly check into it. Thats why i didnt buy it for my alt. If you want it then hey by all means get it. To each there own a d you may see something in it i didnt. But just saying might save ya some regrets later to see what some other armor options are before spending that kinda creds.

http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?p=3401855#post3401855

The last paragraph is so funny.

I realize he's not a native English speaker, but I don't care what language you speak it's clear he's saying 2 different things in the same breath. The man should be a lawyer. Maybe he can help us understand what the definition of "is" is...

I think it's funny that he says "And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:" and proceeds to make it more confusing!

But I think he was talking about two different things there...one is the actual unlock, and one is actually acquiring the items. But yea, that's one confusing post.

Edited by Skoobie

If you want to grind legacy through dailies, your best bet is getting one to 50, then do the Ilum dailies. They're the most legacy bang for the buck. The Belsavis dailies aren't bad either, but if I remember give something like half the amount per quest than the Ilums.

Yes you actualy get more legacy xps from a lvl 50 Also i would check on that legacy lvl 20 armor as you can get the exact same armor and even some better looking by around lvl 30. As a matter of fact the lvl 11 quest on coresaunt republics most wanted is actualy a descent modable robe takes about 15 mins to get also and no money . But will admit it dosnt have the metal on the back of the robe wont get that till around lvl 30 inside the taral v flashpoint.

But before i sunk that much of my creds id definatly check into it. Thats why i didnt buy it for my alt. If you want it then hey by all means get it. To each there own a d you may see something in it i didnt. But just saying might save ya some regrets later to see what some other armor options are before spending that kinda creds.

Thing is the level legacy armor for JK's are the same as the one you have at the character screen but with hood up. The only other armor like that that is moddable that I know of is the rare Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard and that is lvl 40+ and rare.

The other heavy robes for JK are so ugly looking to me that I simply haven't been able to roll a Jedi since I began playing the game at the early release so I was excited when I saw that the advertised armor was finally obtainable when Bioware added the vendors.

It's not about that I need "things naaaoww!!" but that there is zero choices to make at the JK side. It's even more infuriating hwne compare JK to the Sith Warrior where you have a large variety of different customizable armor styles to choose from. Everything from robes, robes with armor under to vader styled armor types.

But thanks now I know what to do lol. Get my main to 50 and farm farm farm to legacy 20 so i finally can create a Jedi!

Edited by redsovereign

If you want to grind legacy through dailies, your best bet is getting one to 50, then do the Ilum dailies. They're the most legacy bang for the buck. The Belsavis dailies aren't bad either, but if I remember give something like half the amount per quest than the Ilums.

Thank you. It's assuring to know that this method works :)

Thing is the level legacy armor for JK's are the same as the one you have at the character screen but with hood up. The only other armor like that that is moddable that I know of is the rare Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard and that is lvl 40+ and rare.

The other heavy robes for JK are so ugly looking to me that I simply haven't been able to roll a Jedi since I began playing the game at the early release so I was excited when I saw that the advertised armor was finally obtainable when Bioware added the vendors.

It's not about that I need "things naaaoww!!" but that there is zero choices to make at the JK side. It's even more infuriating hwne compare JK to the Sith Warrior where you have a large variety of different customizable armor styles to choose from. Everything from robes, robes with armor under to vader styled armor types.

But thanks now I know what to do lol. Get my main to 50 and farm farm farm to legacy 20 so i finally can create a Jedi!

I got to admit it would have made it totaly worth the money if they had made that set exactly like the one on create screen. With the hood down it would have been great. I love how in almost all cut scenes, All the masters or other jedi you meet they have the hoods down yet we are stuck with every robe we get having hood up . They was supposed to put the hood up/down option in 1.2 but i guess it slipped thru the cracks.

Edited by Nyteblades