If we cannot have weapons in the outfitter, can we ...

Alithia

I'd prefer a system *like* Outfit Designer but just for weapons, so I can switch weapons and outfits independently (but as noted previously, with an *option* to lock the two systems together for players who think of their weapons as part of their outfits), but...

Anyway, the closest you can get now is to add the weapons to quickbar slots to aid quick switching.

Agreeded

Many times I must disassemble the weapon that was dropped because it does not have removable mods Thus I loose out on many weapon upgrades because of this. My character has a customized look and by changing my weapon it will destroy my characters appearance in favor of having the most updated weapon. It there was an option to allow us to have the outfitter have weapon slots then we can keep our customized appearance and have the new stats for the upgraded weapon drops without changing out appearance.

This request comes up regularly. I don't, of course, know why it hasn't been implemented, but I think they've said it's for technical reasons.

I think one of the main technical reason could also involve cosmetics. That is, swapping a weapon could also involve things like, the relative size of the weapons, the relative positions of "barrels", the number of barrels, the type of firing animation, etc.

For example, say you overlap a smallish single barrel cannon over a multi-barrel type. Which firing animation should it use.

Or you overlay a shoto on a regular lightsaber. How long is the lightsaber "blade"?

Or, you overlay a Sword over a lightsaber. Which blade is displayed?

If in those cases, you want the overlaid weapon to display it's animations instead of the base weapon, that's where you get into serious technical issues.

So basically, as it is now, there is no "weapon outfit", and I doubt there will ever be one. So, the main workaround is like StC says - put the extra weapons in your inventory and drag their icon to a skillbar to swap instantly.

Doing this method does require that any weapon you want to use for actual combat needs to be properly modded, but heck, I vendor 3 or 4 high rated weapons each day from doing flashpoints, etc. My Guardian has 4 fully 306 equipped "lightsabers" (2 shotos, a reg lightsaber, & a sword). My main Gunslinger has 3 sets of 306 dual pistols**.

** offhand weapons won't swap by putting them on a skillbar. They keep trying to go into the mainhand and can't. I wish they would fix that.

Agreeded

Many times I must disassemble the weapon that was dropped because it does not have removable mods Thus I loose out on many weapon upgrades because of this. My character has a customized look and by changing my weapon it will destroy my characters appearance in favor of having the most updated weapon. It there was an option to allow us to have the outfitter have weapon slots then we can keep our customized appearance and have the new stats for the upgraded weapon drops without changing out appearance.

Not *in* Outfit Designer. In a system *like* Outfit Designer so that players like me who think that their characters' weapons are not part of their outfits can continue like that. With a toggle to lock the two together for players who link the two concepts into one.

I think one of the main technical reason could also involve cosmetics. That is, swapping a weapon could also involve things like, the relative size of the weapons, the relative positions of "barrels", the number of barrels, the type of firing animation, etc.

For example, say you overlap a smallish single barrel cannon over a multi-barrel type. Which firing animation should it use.

Or you overlay a shoto on a regular lightsaber. How long is the lightsaber "blade"?

Or, you overlay a Sword over a lightsaber. Which blade is displayed?

The examples you cite all fall into the category of "makes no difference". Of *course* it shows the "cosmetic" weapon's appearance and makes its noises. Where the fun starts is the difference between back-carry sabres and swords versus belt-carry sabres and swords(1), and similarly for dualsabres/electrostaffs.

(1) To the best of my knowledge, there are two belt-carry Vibroswords.