On the state of Nahut VM progression

So apparently Bioware provided a 2/3 GftM lockout to one guild so that they could kill Nahut VM 30 minutes after the live servers opened.

This is totally unacceptable. While there isn't much of a progression scene left in SWTOR, the race to the world firsts continues to be a core part of raiding.

I don't mind that Bioware invites players to PTS so that they can test the boss (and from what I could tell from our SM kills today, the boss is very well done). And I don't mind if Bioware gives them lockouts on PTS so they can spend more time testing the new content.

But those players should not then go to the live server, get an officially sanctioned lockout and publicly stream their kill on Twitch to rub it into every other raider's face.

Edited by Jerba

So apparently Bioware provided a 2/3 GftM lockout to one guild so that they could kill Nahut VM 30 minutes after the live servers opened.

This is totally unacceptable. While there isn't much of a progression scene left in SWTOR, the race to the world firsts continues to be a core part of raiding.

I don't mind that Bioware invites players to PTS so that they can test the boss (and from what I could tell from our SM kills today, the boss is very well done). And I don't mind if Bioware gives them lockouts on PTS so they can spend more time testing the new content.

But those players should not then go to the live server, get an officially sanctioned lockout and publicly stream their kill on Twitch to rub it into every other raider's face.

Oh man, what guild got a free 2/3 lockout from Bioware? Thats IS unacceptable! :mad:

Wish we were good enough to get one.....

Edited by SupaHsuB

I am completely astonished that Bioware would do such a thing, it's evident based on the time when the patches are happening that certain guilds from specific regions already have a huge headstart in the competitive progression that we conduct here in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I am appalled that Bioware would interfere in this fashion with the progression race, how will players like Fuyri, Tigg, Milas and Nibbon deal with their respective 8 Man Gods of The Machine 8man Veteran Mode Progression Threads?

Additionally, I am even more worried that perhaps Enkay makes an appearance and comment on how progression isn't linear, is that the kind of forum activity that we want? Do we really need another 50 pages long discussion regarding how points for each boss should be counted and exactly how many times you may use reflect for it to count?

Edited by RikuvonDrake

I mean, I was just progressing the new flashpoint and enjoying the content, but if such a thing as lockout provided by Bioware happend I have no words. Can we have an admin respond to this please? How can this be even remotely considered a fair progression race for a newly released boss for other guilds? Most of the hardcore raiders spend hours wiping on Tyth before they even can get the taste of Nahut and I don't even want to mention the Aviela and Esne so this is most definitely considered cheating in my book.

/rant

I am completely astonished that Bioware would do such a thing, it's evident based on the time when the patches are happening that certain guilds from specific regions already have a huge headstart in the competitive progression that we conduct here in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I am appalled that Bioware would interfere in this fashion with the progression race, how will players like Fuyri, Tigg, Milas and Nibbon deal with their respective 8 Man Gods of The Machine 8man Veteran Mode Progression Threads?

Additionally, I am even more worried that perhaps Enkay makes an appearance and comment on how progression isn't linear, is that the kind of forum activity that we want? Do we really need another 50 pages long discussion regarding how points for each boss should be counted and exactly how many times you may use reflect for it to count?

Riku <3

Only oldfags will remember :(

I agree with the previous seven posters and find it a disgraceful state of affairs that pushback still exists in this game on all non-sniper/slinger casting classes. It is a dps loss while taking damage and a timewasting mechanic that exists to bother 2/3 dps casting classes and and all 3 healing classes.

Bump this thread until the developers remove this worthless irritation.

Not sure if ppl are trolling, since we are talking Veteran mode here. Is that really proggression these days?? So they killed it 2 hours before you, so? People dont even know the raiders in the game anymore, only raiders know the raiders, if you guys hadnt posted in this thread people wouldnt even know you still play the game.

Was it really a given lockout? Or was the specific group just raiding immediately before the Maintenance? Lockouts resetted at 1300 CET, Servers went down at 1400 CET.

Are you just throwing false accusations into the room without any facts? Oh, and as far as I know, Failure were the World Firsts. And, I saw their stream, they indeed did Tyth+Aivela&Esne after the Maintenance.

And, Jerba, with all due respect, I really doubt that you or your group were in a position yesterday to work for the world or server first. In my opinion, the only ones, that maybe has the right to complain about such a matter, are the two or three groups, that probably had PTS-Access and were capable of doing it.

I would also appreciate a fair race without any group having PTS-Access. However, the groups have a very large impact on the boss' design and its balancing, so I am grateful, that they are doing their job on the PTS. The Devs moreover invited raiding groups to take part of the PTS program, so noone should have a reason to complain about a possible "unfairness". We, for example, we decided not to go onto the PTS, because we still had some stuff to do on the live servers back in march/april, when the PTS-program was announced.

I for one think that on release of a new raid all raiders should have to sign up and be loaded into a dropship, then when the raid is released, each team jumps out to where they think the boss will be in a randomised operation layout, and proceeds to loot raid gear from chests in the operation itself, before pvping each other for the right of world first.

This can be the only fair and balanced progression race.

Edited by Jstgetitovrwith

>accusations

>progression

>race

>actually caring about this at all while making accusations on the internet and not just doing killing the boss for the fun as there's no progression or race just fun.

>Mysidesareinorbit.png

:)

Edited by FerkWork

Please tell me how you know this was a sanctioned lockout? And you do know that lockouts reset more than an hour before servers went down for maintance right?

Well, SupaHsuB and WiththeForc already posted in this thread, but if you need further proof, read this chat log (source).

And no, my (semi-progress) group is not able to participate in world first progression. We will likely be stuck on Nahut for many weeks.

In the first few weeks, we can probably get a lockout from other guilds, but once all the content locusts have left, it will be tough. We only raid for about 4-5 hours per week, and we'll probably need at least 2 hours to get a 2/3 lockout, which leaves very little time for progressing on Nahut.

Then hearing that one guild gets a free lockout from a GM makes me angry.

Now, if SWTOR had an "Extend lockout" button like in WoW so that you only need to kill Tyth & A&E once and can carry over the lockout into the following weeks, the situation would be different. But as it stands, Bioware should never have provided that lockout.

Edited by Jerba

Well, SupaHsuB and WiththeForc already posted in this thread, but if you need further proof, read this chat log (source).

And no, my (semi-progress) group is not able to participate in world first progression. We will likely be stuck on Nahut for many weeks.

In the first few weeks, we can probably get a lockout from other guilds, but once all the content locusts have left, it will be tough. We only raid for about 4-5 hours per week, and we'll probably need at least 2 hours to get a 2/3 lockout, which leaves very little time for progressing on Nahut.

Now, if SWTOR had an "Extend lockout" button like in WoW so that we only need to kill Tyth & A&E once and can carry over the lockout into the following weeks, the situation would be different. But as it stands, Bioware should never have provided that lockout.

Good god, how naive can you be? :confused:

Adding this to the Bioware gave us 240 gear first week of 5.0 conspiracy theories. :eek:

Thanks for the memes

Edited by SupaHsuB

Now, if SWTOR had an "Extend lockout" button like in WoW so that you only need to kill Tyth & A&E once and can carry over the lockout into the following weeks, the situation would be different. But as it stands, Bioware should never have provided that lockout.

Lol, you clearly haven't been around our raids much to realize people meme in our chats, have ya kid?

As others have posted, the servers were in fact live for an hour prior to going offline hence why this gyazo is a thing: https://gyazo.com/726fa4ef77ad3319a945f490ed18b264

But naw, you keep being a meme just like when you BEGGED BW to nerf tyth because your dps couldn't even pull adequate story mode numbers and couldn't come remotely close to killing him on HM :D

Edited by WiththeForc

30 mins was more then enough to kill the boss even without lockout, as far as i know reset was one hour before patch, so gg for ppl that did it with lockout they can say they got Nahut 1st kill in 7hours+, I guess those ppl that "BEGGED BW" for Tyth nerf did Nahut with lockout since Tyth is hard. Edited by AlexIonutPlay

30 mins was more then enough to kill the boss even without lockout, as far as i know reset was one hour before patch, so gg for ppl that did it with lockout they can say they got Nahut 1st kill in 7hours+, I guess those ppl that "BEGGED BW" for Tyth nerf did Nahut with lockout since Tyth is hard.

...wat?

Lol, these guys just had enough time to progress while being (on their own, or their buddies) on PTS, so had a huge advantage xD

Who the hell will know at once what to do with that candle, if you don't know the fight? Where to move and how to avoid blue puddles? Even if they didn't have a lockout and oneshotted Tyth and Susters, that's still like 3-4 pulls before kill. Lol wat? xD The fights on their "first kill" vids showed that they completely knew what they were doing.

Go enjoy your cheaty "world firsts" xD

• 5 weeks later...