Sniper/Gunslinger Set Bonus Discussion

EricMusco

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real issue I see with the set bonuses proposed is they do not benefit each of the three disciplines equally. Any universal set bonus needs to benefit all three options equally and to do that you need to focus on shared abilities or bonuses they can all use and benefit from. A slight damage increase and cost reduction to quick draw would be nice, but that needs to be built into the discipline tree not as a set bonus. As would several of the suggested changes to defensive cool downs, then again I am primarily a pvp player so I have my bias.

So to grade the proposed set bonus as it stands for all three disciplines I have to give the Dev team a solid D. Many if not most of the proposed changes to general abilities are superior and more balanced than what is currently proposed by the Bioware.

Also while bringing up points... More skills and a more complicated rotation is not "skill" its an annoyance. This is one of the complaints of many players that leave the game and despite a hand full of "OMG Muh Skill Cap" it does nothing to improve player experience or encourage new players. Just saying.

Not that I expect anyone from the dev team to actually read any of the suggestions. Biowares track record on this is poor at best.

• 1 month later...

Mr. Musco..

We wanted to take a moment to reach out to the community to collect ideas on set bonuses. We are looking for opinions on current and previous set bonuses as well as concepts for future. This thread will cover Snipers/Gunslinger.

Note: Our intent is to have set bonuses not increase DPS by more than 5%. Please keep this in mind when posting your suggestions.

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)

• 2-Piece: Activating Explosive Probe, Ambush and Lethal Shot or Sabotage Charge, Aimed Shot and Dirty Blast increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 of seconds.
  • 4-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Target Acquired or Illegal Mods by 15 seconds, and activating either ability restores 15 energy.
  • 6-Piece: Laze Target or Smuggler's Luck now has 2 charges and its duration is doubled.

[/color]

Mr Musco. and Dev Team.

Set bonus focus is all fine and dandy , but heres the problem i have . ONCE AGAIN we will have to rely on gear grind to be even remotely relevant AT ALL. Ever since launch every single other class has received boosts , abilities and INNATE SKILLS that directly either counter or use against snipers their own abilities. and at the exact same time, Snipers have seen their range decrease, energy cost increase, DAMAGE abilities like Orbital strike now do less damage then a frag grenade.. Think about that.. an ORBITAL STRIKE does less damage than what you can stick in your pocket and throw at a group. And theres a cast time. Snipers have recieved NERF After nerf after nerf. and Now here we are quibbling about what a set bonus should have.. and even that set bonus has to be earned while getting face rolled in all sorts of pvp and so on. Look at the Pvp Historic leaderboards.. when was the last time a sniper held the top..or was even in the top 5 let alone multiple snipers?

This all started because people complained about not being able to get to snipers. We lost the ability to stun droids, we got a little heals, then yall took it away cause the masses cried foul when we actually had a chance to survive.. Its like everyone has a reflect, and life gain, and self heals .. on a scale to make it so if we make a single mistake ( often times it doesnt even take that) and we die. period. I have suggested this time and again. HOW ABOUT A SNIPER STEALTH ABILITY! real life snipers rely on camo and suprise and escape. Why cant we have the ability to gain stacks of not only a detection of stealth, but the ability to convert stacks to stealth out ourselves? That would be a real Node guarding ability in Pvp. look at Snipers damage range in comparison to everyone else..

I play every class and it boggles my mind how I can have virtually the same stats on my merc as my sniper and while My merc, is over 5200 sniper is 4800 . Both burst and yet , the merc has innate health gain on a massive scale, An AOE that really hurts and reflect AND Life gain AND shield .

It takes a lot of Skill or a pocket healer to be viable. I have played one since LAUNCH. I can see and have seen what happens each successive update/expansion. you can guarantee 2 things.

1 SNIPERS will get nerfed or have to rely on gear to compete with whatever you guys decide to just hand to force users or every other class as Innate abilities.

2. YEt another class is going to get a new ability to further nullify a key ability that snipers rely on to be viable and have ANY fun at all.

You guys have used my suggestions in the past for Abilities , But youve always given the ability to A different class IE the Swap places ability which I had tried to get for snipes but yall gave to Vanguards . .

Come On, How about a sniper reflect reflect.. like if Someone uses an ability that would use my damage against me , instead it reflects back at them and does even more damage .. Or HONED PRECISION, the ability for snipers to take a focused shot and rely on all their training and tech to bypass a shield/reflect ability and still hit their target. and maybe even give us the ability to get through the dame Sorc bubble. dont let us break its bubble, but, a lil more oomf to counter the stall would be nice.. give it a cool down . so we cant abuse it , yet punish the people that RELY on reflect / bubble as a way to bypass skill. cause that what it really comes down to.. yall have taken the skill out of the equation and now people just run Skank tank dps , super merc / reflectopottomusses to rule pvp. oh yeah, and Whitebar means nothing either.. Im still getting stunned while witebarred..

You want some ideas, Talk to me. I aint trying to break the game , I want to make it fun again.

I'd ask for something to decrease our energy costs, because in my opinion it takes too much, too fast.

And maybe once we collect all 6 pices we could use Countermeasures as a stealth buff like Jedi Sentinels.

Also, everything that IamPolaris said- I agree with it.

Edited by olusiek