Nerf Smash/Sweep

KhalDrogoe

All these noobies raging about ops being OP is sooo 1.1.

We are still waiting on the nerf to smash that we've been whining about since 1.2! When is that change going to happen?

Proposal to balance it.

Make smash target only 1 target instead of AOE.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these noobies raging about ops being OP is sooo 1.1.

We are still waiting on the nerf to smash that we've been whining about since 1.2! When is that change going to happen?

Proposal to balance it.

Make smash target only 1 target instead of AOE.

If the smash has got you down then learn to avoid it.

hahaha trying to avoid the nerf bat nice try troll

scoundrel/operative heals will be nerfed soon don't worry then you can come back to the forums crying and threatening to drop ya sub ect.

will wait to see your tears

If ops get hit with the bat who do you think is next??? Back to the smash threads...

If the smash has got you down then learn to avoid it.

avoid it?

for all intents and purposes, Smash is a 30m auto-crit instant AOE.

you can avoid being hit from a Smash target at a teammate, but if a warrior/knight wants to smash you, (s)hes gonna smash you.

personally, id like to see the autocrit mechanic changed. either make it a debuff on the target (single target Autocrit, aoe regular crit chance) or make the mechanic slightly more engaging. like have force choke/stasis proc the autocrit.

Can't nerf it.

Then all the FOTM players will break out their Operative healers and we'll have nothing but a huge kolto orgy.

Alright. I almost peed myself laughing. That was funny.

Seriously. Leave smash alone. It's fine. 1/10.

Learn to taunt. Learn to pull before they leap. Learn to push right when they do. Learn to CC them after a leap.

Smash only sucks when four guys do it at the same time and you die instantly - but then 4 vs 1, you *should* die.

Can't nerf it.

Then all the FOTM players will break out their Operative healers and we'll have nothing but a huge kolto orgy.

Was going to say something like this myself. Kudos to you, Sir.

Yup, slingers are underpowered

yup look at the deaths.... let me guess did you sit in back because no one on either team tried to touch the healers on your team which is why they lost. I hate this photo posts of proving anything.

look at the healing/death numbers before posting something. You guys won solely because you targeted and killed their healer who still managed to do a good amount of healing.

Why dont we nerf ops and smash and then move on to the nerf that class thread until we all have no eyes.. OR how about let the devs focus on new warzones

Edited by Kegparty

Learn to taunt. Learn to pull before they leap. Learn to push right when they do. Learn to CC them after a leap.

Smash only sucks when four guys do it at the same time and you die instantly - but then 4 vs 1, you *should* die.

totally legit..do this

I see more sorcs than smashers and good dps ones can do every bit as much (while putting out more healing than any non-healer). If any dps needs a nerf it's sorcs. And then there's snipers that do most of their damage at range and can do more/faster to any single target than any smasher. Sins... more defense than any smasher plus stealth and ccs up the wazzoo - they need a nerf but their dps is ok. Pyros and mercs are too good also - I've been in recent wzs where over half my team was one or the other and they top smasher damage all of the time (conclusive proof if ever there was proof). Heck, my lowbie merc had over 2x the damage of anyone else in the game once last weekend.

yup look at the deaths.... let me guess did you sit in back because no one on either team tried to touch the healers on your team which is why they lost. I hate this photo posts of proving anything.

look at the healing/death numbers before posting something. You guys won solely because you targeted and killed their healer who still managed to do a good amount of healing.

Why dont we nerf ops and smash and then move on to the nerf that class thread until we all have no eyes.. OR how about let the devs focus on new warzones

happier?

"learn to...learn to.....learn to....learn to...." we have to learn 10000 things to be able to kill a class that only does "force leap-sweep-push-leap-sweep-saber ward, run away, leap-sweep-push-sweep-dies"

Edited by Royox

avoid it?

you can avoid being hit from a Smash target at a teammate, but if a warrior/knight wants to smash you, (s)hes gonna smash you.

personally, id like to see the autocrit mechanic changed. either make it a debuff on the target (single target Autocrit, aoe regular crit chance) or make the mechanic slightly more engaging. like have force choke/stasis proc the autocrit.

I'd say just flat out get rid of it, 100% crit with that low of a cd is tarded. You can't do this unless you nerf healing. Sure healing may be on par with dps parsing wise, but what about when we incorporate taunts and guard? Simple solution, taunts now effect healing as well. Now just sure up the damage than sniper/gs, sorc can do and you have a much closer balanced game.

I'd say just flat out get rid of it, 100% crit with that low of a cd is tarded. You can't do this unless you nerf healing. Sure healing may be on par with dps parsing wise, but what about when we incorporate taunts and guard? Simple solution, taunts now effect healing as well. Now just sure up the damage than sniper/gs, sorc can do and you have a much closer balanced game.

Healing is not on par with DPS, its about 50% over if not more.

avoid it?

For Zeus/Odin/God/Allah's sake please explain to me how can you counteract stacking (and stacking ranged characters) if you alter/nerf smash ?

You can yell "nerf smash" without offering an alternative to the stacking strategy.

Edited by znihilist

For Zeus/Odin/God/Allah's sake please explain to me how can you contract stacking (and stacking ranged characters) if you alter/nerf smash ?

You can yell "nerf smash" without offering an alternative to the stacking strategy.

The Autocrit to everyone is the issue. If Mercs had a skill that was auto crit...