New Repair Costs Puts My Raiding to an End

Seelvir

I pay the monthy fee so I can play the game my way. Part of the definition of "my way" is that I do the dailies maybe once a week for the weekly BH coms. I don't always though. I don't play the GTN cause that's not my bag.

It costs me 150k to repair my gear. I don't earn that much in a week of playing this game.

so ... sucks for me, yeah I get that - I know I'm not the only one.

Hopefully there's a fix incomming. Needing to do 2 days of dailies to pay for 1 night of raiding is ... well ... it's bs. No other way to say it.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you. Guild funds help but if you are someone who does not play the GTN, and I know how mind numbing the daily grind is, then Raiding is expensive at 63.

atleast TFB is a bit better, and pays unless you wipe all night. I had hoped NiM ec would have the same money as TFB but no.

So as someone who raids on 4 chars and uses guild funds on only 1, I feel for you.

I pay the monthy fee so I can play the game my way. Part of the definition of "my way" is that I do the dailies maybe once a week for the weekly BH coms. I don't always though. I don't play the GTN cause that's not my bag.

It costs me 150k to repair my gear. I don't earn that much in a week of playing this game.

so ... sucks for me, yeah I get that - I know I'm not the only one.

Hopefully there's a fix incomming. Needing to do 2 days of dailies to pay for 1 night of raiding is ... well ... it's bs. No other way to say it.

The fix is being less terrible at what you choose to do. Although I would agree that the financial rewards for raiding credit wise should be increased to help compensate for this 'fix' a little.

The reality is, you can earn 150k in a day, literally in 90 minutes, if you get off your lazy behind and run Black Hole and Ilum dailies ONCE. Thats not even including Section X. I run all dailies including Section X and clear 250.

Thats not even doing the heroic 4's, talk about a waste of time. If you can't solo Heroic 2+'s, then I don't know how you have the skill to raid., do pvp, brush your teeth, etc.

It's attitudes like this that have progressively ruined the MMORPG genre.

Edited by islander

Hey pls wear the shoes fo player who play casual...

i do the dailies and i didnt do flashpoints before because it was to expenive to me but now its even more mad...

also i dont play tee GTN because i dont like beign a seller.. i mostly PvE ( red eclipee ) ... and i have 2 characters on lvl 50 .. wich loosing more and more money when i do dailies..

before patch i had a PLUS of 70-120 K after completing correllia dailes...

NOW i have a minus of 12k .... means in 10 days i will be at 0 credits....

Slicign costs 1700 credit per crew mission.. and sometime si get only 1500 credit back or 2500.. wich is not enough to cover my repair costs....

The fix is being less terrible at what you choose to do. Although I would agree that the financial rewards for raiding credit wise should be increased to help compensate for this 'fix' a little.

The reality is, you can earn 150k in a day, literally in 90 minutes, if you get off your lazy behind and run Black Hole and Ilum dailies ONCE. Thats not even including Section X. I run all dailies including Section X and clear 250.

Thats not even doing the heroic 4's, talk about a waste of time. If you can't solo Heroic 2+'s, then I don't know how you have the skill to raid., do pvp, brush your teeth, etc.

It's attitudes like this that have progressively ruined the MMORPG genre.

I dont know how long you have been playing this game. At this point, you cannot pay me for doing more dailies. If thats your solutions to getting money, then you are welcome to the credits. I would rather stick nails in my eye.

fortunately I am active on the GTN and crafting scene so I do all right, but for someone who does not want to loose 90 minues of their life, and does not play the GTN, money is an issue.

Unless ofc you are one of those who buy the 1800CC speeder and stick it on the GTN for 1mil and do it 5 times over.

I know a lot of people who only have 1 char and just come online to raid. For them to raid and not be able to sustain their raiding without doing the mind numbing dailies is impossible.

I dont know how long you have been playing this game. At this point, you cannot pay me for doing more dailies. If thats your solutions to getting money, then you are welcome to the credits. I would rather stick nails in my eye.

fortunately I am active on the GTN and crafting scene so I do all right, but for someone who does not want to loose 90 minues of their life, and does not play the GTN, money is an issue.

Unless ofc you are one of those who buy the 1800CC speeder and stick it on the GTN for 1mil and do it 5 times over.

I know a lot of people who only have 1 char and just come online to raid. For them to raid and not be able to sustain their raiding without doing the mind numbing dailies is impossible.

The problem's theirs then, if they are too lazy/busy/in before excuses to earn credits by one means or another.

Like I said, the classic entitlement malaise that has infected this nation over the past 20 years. It's embarrassing.

People aren't subscribing to play their specific way. They are paying for improved access and features. There once was an era where every little thing in MMOs wasn't spoon fed to you when one cried like a baby at every inconvenience. It was a good time. F2P and the proliferation of countless MMOs have not only dilluted the product overall but also diluted the behavior of its player base.

it's just sad. Go earn credits, in the time it took the OP to post, (s)he could've easily earned 15--20k credits.

The OP's guild name is all too fitting for this thread, in my view.

Edited by islander

It is working as intended .. in the patch notes they said its a "fix" ...lol

i hate it too... i may do not renew my sub due to this issue...

look here, you are not alone:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=596970

any "bug" that benefits the players is fixed within days.. all other bugs will never be fixed. This game wont last the rest of the year at this rate. they broke ec hm today. lets see how long it rots away like this

The problem's theirs then, if they are too lazy/busy/in before excuses to earn credits by one means or another.

Like I said, the classic entitlement malaise that has infected this nation over the past 20 years. It's embarrassing.

People aren't subscribing to play their specific way. They are paying for improved access and features. There once was an era where every little thing in MMOs wasn't spoon fed to you when one cried like a baby at every inconvenience. It was a good time. F2P and the proliferation of countless MMOs have not only dilluted the product overall but also diluted the behavior of its player base.

it's just sad. Go earn credits, in the time it took the OP to post, (s)he could've easily earned 15--20k credits.

dude there is no game i know for where the repairs are that expensive.. alteast no game that is doing good...

you cant be serious with your statement that peopel are to lazy...

look at this:

i have 2 lvl 50 characters....and atm i levelign my third... how can i farm money to fix my repair costs ???

its 90 minutes to do the dailies....what if i have a job wich uses also alot of time?

not everyone earns alot money with their jobs but stil have to work alot...

also the GTN uses alot of time chacking prices and stuff... lets say 30 minutes.. wich is 120 just to make money...

then youve loadign times and grouping times and warzones queues and groupfinder queues...and class mission cutscenes...

there you go with your 4-5 hours... means you get maybe 1-2 level a day.... and life on low money due to the repair costs...especially when u do flashpoints.... takes alot time but dont rewards you with good exp....

repair costs are mad now...

Obvoius troll is obvious, but I'm glad for the free bumps, so thanks. This issue needs to stay top of mind for Bioware.

If forcing me to grind repetitive dailies to afford raiding is the developers' plan, then this is where our plans deviate. I loved that I could raid and only play 7-8 hours a week total. Now I can't. Now I need to find +2 hours/week, and honestly, I'm not sure this game is worth that to me.

Again, all of you broke people are doing it wrong. The lazy (and I'm lazy) way to make money with no crafting or GTN market playing is to run dailies - especially with a partner.

You can literally clear 1.5 million a WEEK if you spend 2 hours a night on them. Is it a lot of time? Kinda. You know what? It's a good chunk of change too...

I am guessing you are one of those kids who lives with their parents and plays SWTOR all day. Its the only way you can do all the dailies every day and still have time to do FP's, raids, pvp etc.

I work full time, get home at 5.15pm, organize dinner, eat and get on at 6.30-7.00 most nights. I am usually off by 10.30. I don't and should not have to do dailies for 2 out of the 3-4 hours I am online just to cover costs of playing.

In saying that I do dailies every few days and I work the GTN a bit. But to tell people they should "just do all the dailies, everyday, because credits are easy to get" because you have all the time in the world is a stupid argument to make.

Who is the lazy one?

Edited by ZenomX

The problem is not theirs, the problem is ours.

People are not subscribing to play their specific way, they are subscribing to get some enjoyment. Maybe after 1 year of doing dailies on multiple chars, doing them again is entertaining to you. It's definitely not the case for me. I abhor them, and everyone I know does the same.

There was an era when MMO's were MMO's and Devs actually put in work on content rather than reskinning armors and useless events. There was a time when replayability used to be a metric to gauge a game by. This is not that era and this is not that game.

Its just sad that you call doing dailies "earning" credits. It's not a matter of doing dailies for money. Its more like trading your sanity for credits. As I said, I would rather stick nails in my eye than do Dailies. They are not entertainment for me.

Ops are, and I do a lot of them. But for someone who likes OP's and does not like dailies, the increased repair costs are prohibitive.

Also, I cannot understand how doing a crap mission gives more money than killing OP bosses, but that is for a different thread.

I like how just because there was a patch note about this being a fix it's automatically assumed to be working as intended.

Frankly, if this is working as intended then someone at Bioware needs to be fired.

Dailies are not enjoyable content. To think that the income from dailies could or should be used as a gating mechanism for content people actually enjoy is ludicrous. To expect that everyone in a progression ops should devote 3+ hours a week grinding out dailies to pay for one night of ops is almost offensive. It turns the game into a job. I almost never do dailies, I don't enjoy them in any capacity.

To require x number of hours a week spent on this horrible content to engage in content I actually enjoy is a sure fire way to get me to cancel my sub and go elsewhere.

To defend this ideology is a sure fire way to insure that this game will fail sooner than later.

To pretend that someone's outrage at such a horrible mechanic is what is causing the decline in the quality of the MMOs today is vapid at best, though the word I'm more likely to use is moronic.

If this is anything but a mistake, then it is cheap, lazy, and more fuel for the fire against BW/EA's policies and direction regarding this game.

Like has been said elsewhere on the forums....

Do you feel a 'Cartel Market Place Repair Kit' option coming?......

Seems to be heading that way.....

Yep, I feel exactly that.

Or, they expect the raiders to furiously buy from cartel market and sell stuff on GTN.

I'll see how long will I last, I have only one raiding character, but I don't really enjoy doing dailies (do them once a week for the weekly)... Most of my income is from slicing missions and selling augmentors on GTN, sadly prices of these went seriously down too, from sllightly under 20k to exactly 10k per.

Yep, I feel exactly that.

Or, they expect the raiders to furiously buy from cartel market and sell stuff on GTN.

I'll see how long will I last, I have only one raiding character, but I don't really enjoy doing dailies (do them once a week for the weekly)... Most of my income is from slicing missions and selling augmentors on GTN, sadly prices of these went seriously down too, from sllightly under 20k to exactly 10k per.

Yeah I have yet to even be part of a raid, I am a relatively new player, and I have found it very hard to get into groups outside the group finder because of it, people seem to have no time for people who haven't done this before....but now....they are going to be even more hostile because they won't want to risk a wipe and a huge repair bill from me being in their group as an unknown commodity so to speak.

if you can't find time to knock out illium and black whole dallies every day ,just do all the dallies for 1 day a week and you got like 400k-500k. If you have to spend more than then ur doing something wrong unless it's like a progression run of NIM EC maybe even TFB HM if your guild is behind in progressions

It is working as intended .. in the patch notes they said its a "fix" ...lol

i hate it too... i may do not renew my sub due to this issue...

look here, you are not alone:

"Working as intended" is not the same as we "intend to ensure it works" but I see you realize how ridiculous the costs get out of hand.

I don't mean to get out of line pointing this out, but while this game was based on a really bad version of WoW in say, 2009, even WoW has moved on to allow infinitely easier LFR raiding, almost free (and instant) dual spec, minimal repair costs, free buffs, etc.

SWTOR is stuck mimicking a gimped version of WoW from like 3 years ago and they don't seem able or willing to catch up, and their latest innovations are to try to ignore WoW and pretend they can do whatever they want without unfavorable comparisons?

This game is like a bad, inferior version of WoW from 2010, and every day it falls further behind.