Lemda Avesta as a Companion in expansion

ryanthedark

She's the girl from Pub Makeb. The niece of the guy in charge of Makeb resistance. You get to romance her but it would be great if she became your actual companion in the new expansion. Her character was really great.

Nice timing! I was just thinking about her earlier, wondering if she and her dad could've survived the new invasion.

I came to the conclusion that since they are both fairly neutral, and not fighting types*, their chances are actually pretty good.

Well, aside from the standard bombardments and all that always happen in a war, and that could easily kill a bunch of civies.

Valkorion seems like a ruthless guy, but not a psychopath that would have people killed for the sake of it. And Lemda has the added benefit of being voiced by Cat Taber, one of Bioware Austin's favorite voice actresses. :D

* Of course this also significantly lowers the chances of her ever becoming a companion, unless she's learned to fight over the years. Still a good chance that we'll see her again in some storyline though.

Edited by Callaron

If Theran, Talos, Mako, and Doc can learn to use a blaster while mainly story-wise being science/tech people, I'm sure Lemda can as well.

More gay/bi companions and potential romance options are always welcome. Lana and Tharon are nice, but options are nice.

I'd take her instead of Qyzen Fess. Maybe Yuun the insect guy. But not anyone else. She's just that bland.

The Sith guy, on the other hand...

I know Yuun's not popular because Gand are "weird," but he's a pretty cool dude, and doesn't afraid of anything.

What, does your uncle work at Bioware?

I doubt it, but it's logical. Half the playerbase usually killed 99% of the options for DS points. Besides, between companions we have now + totally new ones, why would we even need old NPC's to become companions? (Ignoring Lana Beniko/Theron Shan who are probably going all companion mode on us.)

I doubt it, but it's logical. Half the playerbase usually killed 99% of the options for DS points. Besides, between companions we have now + totally new ones, why would we even need old NPC's to become companions? (Ignoring Lana Beniko/Theron Shan who are probably going all companion mode on us.)

You can't kill Lemda. Would make sense if some old figures returned as companions, including Lana and Theron. Maybe not Lemda, but bluntly saying no one from existing content will be a companion in the expansion is baseless.

Edited by Cythereal

Lemda' some of the more interesting planetary romances. Particularly because you spend literally 5 levels worth of end game missions with her. Furthermore, her personality was really nice. She was funny too "don't die, or I'm canceling your parade." We could use some people like her in our crew. Let's not be stuck with Lana and Theron. Some Avesta would be nice.

You can't kill Lemda. Would make sense if some old figures returned as companions, including Lana and Theron. Maybe not Lemda, but bluntly saying no one from existing content will be a companion in the expansion is baseless.

I know you can't kill the Republic researcher on Makeb, but she does literally nothing after that world. Same with all the other throwaway characters people suddenly want as companions. Avesta may show up in the KOTFE story, but she's unlikely to be a companion, because she has no importance.

I know you can't kill the Republic researcher on Makeb, but she does literally nothing after that world. Same with all the other throwaway characters people suddenly want as companions. Avesta may show up in the KOTFE story, but she's unlikely to be a companion, because she has no importance.

For now. There's no telling what Bioware will decide to do with what characters in the expansion.

because she has no importance.

Marr was basically just a placeholder for Malgus when RotHC was coming out. Look at all the stuff built up around him, now...

Personally, I'm hoping to see my support team from Imp Makeb again, as well.

Marr was basically just a placeholder for Malgus when RotHC was coming out. Look at all the stuff built up around him, now...

Personally, I'm hoping to see my support team from Imp Makeb again, as well.

That's kind of my point though. Marr has appeared throughout the story since his introduction, he wasn't a one-off character. Lemda Avesta was.

That's kind of my point though. Marr has appeared throughout the story since his introduction, he wasn't a one-off character. Lemda Avesta was.

I understand that... except he was only made a major part of our stories after SoR came out. Avesta, Cytharat, and the Imp ground commander could've been built up the same way immediately, but they weren't.

We'll see, I guess. Here's hoping the devs add more than five companion slots later on.

• 3 weeks later...

Keep in mind that Dragon Age's Cullen started out the same way.

I don't think she's quite as popular as Cullen, but there is a precedent of Bioware bringing back pretty minor characters that were once a romance option (as he was for female mages in the DA:O prologue).

He graduated to being a huge part of the story in Dragon Age Inquisition. (And made a lot of fangirls happy. :p)

Edited by Callaron

The ONLY way I'd ever want to see more of her is if she came as a packaged deal with Lord Cytharat. She ranks high on my top 10 most annoying characters in the game list. She is a major factor in why I dislike Republic Makeb. The whole "I'm a precocious scientist girl. Aren't I adorable?" routine got old before my first play-through was over.

Having Lamalla Rann join you to report on the war from the front lines would be much more entertaining.