Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game is fubar for over 7+ hours now and no Bioware?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game is fubar for over 7+ hours now and no Bioware?

UmbralSpirit
06.18.2019 , 11:03 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
So --- how much "on demand" support do you expect for what amounts to half a cent an hour payment?

IF you are actually paying it.

You are free of course, to go to those games offering that awesome customer service -- they are, according to you, the majority - so, you should have lots of options.

Why don't you check out Bethesda-- I bet they would be EXACTLY what you are looking for! ::s*****r::
Mind if i steal....ahem, i mean "borrow" your car? You only payed like 2 cents per mile for it you can't expect to have access to it whenever you want.

JediQuaker
06.18.2019 , 11:04 AM | #22
As I often point out in these situations, it may not be BW and/or SWTOR that's entirely at fault. For me, the whole internet has been flaky for the past few days (until last night) - not just SWTOR. On-line tennis has been dropping in and out. Youtube videos start and stop. I constantly had to reload pages.
It seems more like some sort of internet backbone issue, although it could be a combo of things.
In my case, much of the problem seems to have fixed itself, and some of the problem seems to have been a flaky LAN port on my router. My main computer, connected through a LAN cable, and my tablet, connected through WiFi, both had problems, but the Computer was worse (than the tablet) until I connected the LAN cable to a different port on the router.

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

sharkfishman
06.18.2019 , 11:08 AM | #23
Wish there was a way to know who subs - and who freeloads, in order to discern who actually is entitled to an opinion on this.

You are paying 14.99 a month (at most -- SOME of us are) - which amounts to what, about TWO CENTS an hour? for unlimited access to a venue that runs 24/7.

If losing a few hours of game time because of the inevitability of bugs/issues in a game that runs -- constantly is upsetting you to the point of vitriol - you need some serious perspective.
People have varying schedules, which is why not being able to access a paid service at any time is upsetting. A two-hour gap isn't worth 4 cents, it represents an entire day of game time to many people. That's 50 cents when divided by 30 days. Now what happens if you can't log in multiple times during the week, or the game is virtually unplayable due to lag for a week or more? How much is that worth to you?

Crying that the sky is falling for minimal problems is a bad thing, but so is criticizing legitimate customer service complaints.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

cibacrome
06.18.2019 , 11:17 AM | #24
Yeah I don't think it's too much to ask for compensation when a server issue locks players out of the service they are paying for. Most other MMOs I've played do something along those lines, at least a token effort to compensate for lost time. I have never seen Bioware do that for SWTOR, however.

In the absence of compensation, I expect faster / better tech support, but that's not going to happen either, I suspect because it's a actually a lot more expensive than giving away free pixels.

Frankly, I do not understand Bioware's aversion to in-game compensation for problems of their own making. Make players happy, don't spend a nickel - seems win/win to me.

And I can say fairly safely that internet for me has not been the problem in this case. It's purely a server-side issue where certain toons in certain locations (Nar Shadaa SH in my case) is bugging and causing time-outs to the login screen. I have full speed ahead when pinging server nodes all over (incl. EA) and no dropouts.

Inspirals
06.18.2019 , 11:28 AM | #25
Wish there was a way to know who subs - and who freeloads, in order to discern who actually is entitled to an opinion on this.

You are paying 14.99 a month (at most -- SOME of us are) - which amounts to what, about TWO CENTS an hour? for unlimited access to a venue that runs 24/7.

If losing a few hours of game time because of the inevitability of bugs/issues in a game that runs -- constantly is upsetting you to the point of vitriol - you need some serious perspective.
You need to sub in order to post on this forum, so no one here is "freeloading", as you so delightfully put it.

If people legitimately playing a game on a free-to-play basis upsets you to the point of vitriol, maybe you need some serious perspective?

DarthCasus
06.18.2019 , 12:09 PM | #26
The level of vitriol coming from the 'you're just entitled' side is always amusing. You'd swear they were an angry dev's account but it couldn't possibly be, as even BioWare seem to forget this place exists for most of the time

I'm not demanding anything, I'm way beyond that knowing how they operate. Some extra double xp time would be nice though, there's ALWAYS something with this game at the worst times.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

aerockyul
06.18.2019 , 12:48 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by UmbralSpirit View Post
Mind if i steal....ahem, i mean "borrow" your car? You only payed like 2 cents per mile for it you can't expect to have access to it whenever you want.
What happens when it breaks down after hours? Are there many 24hr repair shops around you? Tow trucks run all night, but good luck finding a mechanic that does, too.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Selauna, Wrathiva, Maulyah Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx, Ecksi
Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Eko'va, Misphire, Dani Clarke
Portrait Gallery ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!
There's a difference between constructive criticism and hostility because you didn't get your way

battycoda
06.18.2019 , 12:50 PM | #28
So --- how much "on demand" support do you expect for what amounts to half a cent an hour payment?

You are free of course, to go to those games offering that awesome customer service -- they are, according to you, the majority - so, you should have lots of options.

Why don't you check out Bethesda-- I bet they would be EXACTLY what you are looking for! ::s*****r::
You know what I expect? I expect to be able to log into the game no matter how much I spend on it each month.Just like I expect the movie theater to play the movie properly for mere cents per minute or my internet to work for mere cents per minute.

And anyone typing here is paying it. You can't post on the forums if you aren't.

My signature was current on Makeb... Airlocked!

Rolodome
06.18.2019 , 01:20 PM | #29

Presumably people expect on demand support that amounts to the product they're paying for working, rather than being broken. If you think it's normal for the game to be unplayable despite it being a paid product, then in your world, to make things fair, we should be able to skip days or weeks worth of payment and have our sub keep going regardless. That's the rough equivalent. But of course we don't have that option because they ask for the entire month's worth upfront and attempt to sell you on even more than that. Meanwhile, they fail to provide the entire month's worth on their end.

We uphold our end of the bargain when we pay for a month or more of sub. We don't exactly have a choice in the matter. And you think it's unreasonable to ask them to hold up theirs?
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

RakiaTime
06.18.2019 , 01:33 PM | #30
how dare the devs sleep, chain them to their desks and feed them trough an iv