Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag is getting out of hands on Darth Malgus.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Lag is getting out of hands on Darth Malgus.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chaffery
06.17.2019 , 12:50 PM | #1
Prior maintenance never had a lag. Now, impossible do anything. Companions lagging, abilities getting delayed.
I did try Google DNS and Open DNS, no difference. So problem is not on my side.
And other peoples experiencing same problems. Mega server is full?

WinterEsche
06.17.2019 , 12:54 PM | #2
Came here to see if the problem was already known, so ye it's not just you.
Getting pretty unplayable for me right now, only chapters working well currently

EricMusco
06.17.2019 , 12:58 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey there,

Yeah, this is a known issue following our last maintenance. We are looking into a variety of fixes and are planning to have something to address it by tomorrow. It is possible we may have a brief downtime as a part of this fix, but I will pass on those details once I have them.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JadeNAR
06.17.2019 , 01:07 PM | #4
Yeah, just logged in to use XP bonus and level up my Smuggler. No such luck! Game is pretty unplayable as it is.

MrufkaZ
06.17.2019 , 02:03 PM | #5
I just had to "abandon" my Consular on Hoth. With 27 people on map, it was completely unplayable.
I really hope it'll get better after the reset. I can't imagine another week of jumping between characters / planets / instances, to find one place where I can actually play...

cadencepulse
06.17.2019 , 02:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey there,

Yeah, this is a known issue following our last maintenance. We are looking into a variety of fixes and are planning to have something to address it by tomorrow. It is possible we may have a brief downtime as a part of this fix, but I will pass on those details once I have them.

-eric
"... planning to have something to address it by tomorrow."? and with the possibility of MORE downtime.
Oh yes, and surprisingly, or not, tomorrow just happens to be the LAST day of the Double Rewards event, a week that hasn't been particularly profitable BECAUSE of the lag. I guess we can presume that there will not be an extension of the Double Rewards event to compensate for this loss, either?

PowerJediRanger
06.17.2019 , 02:56 PM | #7
I'm suffering with the lag as well. And think in game some people theorized that it might have something to do with the computer calculating the conquest points with so many people killing mobs and enemies.
"Do or do not, there is no try."

Onzon
06.17.2019 , 04:37 PM | #8
SHAMEFUL!

So! Instead of addressing the problem immediately so people can actually try to enjoy themselves on these events... you people sit on your thumbs and wait till the end... TUESDAY!? THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN GOING ON THROUGH HALF OF THE EVENTS... ON ALL SERVERS!!

JUST SHAMEFUL!

EmHun
06.17.2019 , 04:38 PM | #9
I was actually expecting some extra lag since you re-added the conquest points from xp/cxp - can you please check again if that's the issue?

Meanwhile I love how the community on Darth Malgus is coming together, and almost every time I see someone mentioning it's lagging there's someone else quickly saying which instance(s) is/are good to switch to.

I love SWTOR since around beta, but if this continues even I have to take a break soon - hope nightlife doesn't lag as extreme...

TrixxieTriss
06.17.2019 , 06:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey there,

-eric
I know you can’t “extend” double XP due to technical terms, but is it possible you could do another double XP at the end of the month to make up for this one?
Please let us know your thoughts on this