Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Qyzen Fess Romance For Consular

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Qyzen Fess Romance For Consular

HollyUSEC
06.17.2019 , 07:44 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
Besides, you know what Trandoshans give to their mates? Wookiee pelts. Do you really want Qyzen to give you a Wookiee pelt?
That's ANOTHER good point. A LS Jedi Consular would see wookiees as more humanoid than animal, despite their semi-******* nature; and as valuable allies. They would not see them as merely prey to hunt. Qyzen is utterly unable to conceptualize that; it's made clear in his personal companion story line that wookiees are "worth many jagganath points." In fact, he does try to give the Consular a wookiee pelt during his companion story line.

In fact, Bioware completely dropped the ball on a potential bit of story involving the Alliance alerts for Qyzen and Bowdaar. Both can be recruited by anyone. Qyzen and Bowdaar would probably not get along, and there was potential for some story material there. It would be all that the Alliance staff could do to keep Qyzen and his stalkers away from Bowdaar.

EDIT: Why does the website auto-bleep the word best + ial? It means, like a beast in nature.
W T F = F T W spelled backward.

Alyerbase
06.17.2019 , 09:30 PM | #22
Sure. I mean, I'd rather have Zenith, but I'd take Qyzen.

The Consular's companions include a wounded bad boy, a charming rogue, and a giant lizard.

All of whom would be better romantic partners than Felix 'Dishwater' Iresso...

(Why is there no option to reject Iresso's return? Why?)

Antonfourteen
06.18.2019 , 05:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
Besides, you know what Trandoshans give to their mates? Wookiee pelts. Do you really want Qyzen to give you a Wookiee pelt?
Personally it's not really a big issue for me. I mean what will the Inquisitor be getting from Khem Val gift-wise? Champagne and roast dinner? I highly doubt it.
Qyzen would mean well giving a wookiee pelt but it would boil down to how the Consular reacts to it. First option to accept it, Second option not really bothered/question it and third option to reject it (which presumably would end the romance).

Estelindis
06.18.2019 , 06:09 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Alyerbase View Post
All of whom would be better romantic partners than Felix 'Dishwater' Iresso...

(Why is there no option to reject Iresso's return? Why?)
Because Felix is one of the best characters and romances in the game, actually. Refreshingly mature and low-drama, he's the antidote to many of the usual tropes employed in writing support characters.

Of all the dark-sided things one could possibly do, rejecting someone after years of torture is fairly high up there. Hoping to be at your side again is probably the only thing that kept him sane; I feel like cutting him loose would be the action of a monster. Where's he supposed to go? Who's going to help him find a place and meaning in life again? I simply cannot understand anyone who would turn him away.

Plus the consular already gets a fairly rough deal on companion screen-time from KotFE onwards. Every companion given a rejection or kill option seems less likely to turn up again, and consulars actually deserve their companions to get more attention going forwards.

As regards the actual topic, different strokes for different folks, but I would have absolutely zero interest in this. More attention for the consular's existing romances instead, please. Especially Felix.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Antonfourteen
06.18.2019 , 12:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Because Felix is one of the best characters and romances in the game, actually. Refreshingly mature and low-drama, he's the antidote to many of the usual tropes employed in writing support characters.

Of all the dark-sided things one could possibly do, rejecting someone after years of torture is fairly high up there. Hoping to be at your side again is probably the only thing that kept him sane; I feel like cutting him loose would be the action of a monster. Where's he supposed to go? Who's going to help him find a place and meaning in life again? I simply cannot understand anyone who would turn him away.

Plus the consular already gets a fairly rough deal on companion screen-time from KotFE onwards. Every companion given a rejection or kill option seems less likely to turn up again, and consulars actually deserve their companions to get more attention going forwards.

As regards the actual topic, different strokes for different folks, but I would have absolutely zero interest in this. More attention for the consular's existing romances instead, please. Especially Felix.
Fair enough, personally for me Felix's romance is just kinda bland but then again I also find Nadia's romance too. I think they should definitely expand on ongoing romances but I would definitely like to see Qyzen become an option in the future for the Consular, especially since he's the only Consular companion I really use and find interesting.