Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot Log Onto Characters in Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cannot Log Onto Characters in Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

force_fortytwo
06.18.2019 , 01:40 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
You know, I could get behind more of these if they didn't come up every time the servers go down. Servers down for a half hour to address players not being able to log in? We need a week's worth of extra double xp.

So tell me, which of you are really doing 7 days worth of grinding double xp in a half hour?
Well, anyway, what's it to you? This is how good customer service works. It doesn't hurt them or anyone to grant another week of double xp/cxp. Nobody has less of a gaming experience if they do so. AND (as was pointed out by others) the past week was grossly underwhelming for a number of players who found the lag to be so bad that they couldn't get anything done properly.

I've been working on customer service, and what I've learned there is: If the mistake has occured on our end, and there's something which I can give away to appease unhappy customers which
a.) does not cost the company one single penny and
b.) is useful for virtually everybody affected by the mistake,
then just give the customers that thing. A nice gesture, everybody pacified and you can concentrate on all the other stuff which might be more important.

BTW, the servers are back online. ^^

EDIT: Annndddd... you can enter your SHs again! Thanks, Eric, thanks guys!
The CELAERIS Legacy on Tulak Hord
Nithaam / Danira Jade / Ezrayele -Kesara / Shome'a - Luzanna / Sarcasma - Soldateska - Yadavena / Kløtus - Rjandric / Eladriel - Devasta / Zayeera / Euphagus - Clandestina / Anthenisa -

ebinhovdloca
06.18.2019 , 01:41 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
Have you been around this week? There have been issues the entire week. It just reached an unplayable low in the past 12 hours or so (maybe longer, that was when I first noticed).
i have had no problems until this dunno what you are talking about "unplayable" lmao

Borderrr
06.18.2019 , 01:42 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

All servers are once again live! Thank you all for your patience today.

-eric
And thank you for your fast work!

Seterade
06.18.2019 , 01:46 PM | #204
You know, I could get behind more of these if they didn't come up every time the servers go down. Servers down for a half hour to address players not being able to log in? We need a week's worth of extra double xp.

So tell me, which of you are really doing 7 days worth of grinding double xp in a half hour?
the issue in this case is not looking for a practical solution, but rather a forgiving one.

lets suppose for 2 seconds I work at mcdonalds and you buy a medium coke from me. I charge you medium coke price, but when you get to the window you dont get your coke, only the meal. so you come in waving the reciept saying you didnt get a coke. what do I do? do I get you your medium coke? or do I upgrade it to large to show my apology and that I value your as a paying customer and your opinion matters to me?

the core of why this game is in such bad standing is there absolute abyssal customer service. they almost never offer extra bonuses for messing up, they offer automated responces to ticket, they tell their player base nothing until its too late to change, they use us as bug testers then fix after the fact and they unban permaban offences like hacking.. because money. and the cherry on the top, because EA is greedy, this games subscription costs the same as good company games like wow and FF, but puts out half the effort in content and customer service.

Rolodome
06.18.2019 , 01:49 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by ebinhovdloca View Post
i have had no problems until this dunno what you are talking about "unplayable" lmao
Lucky you. Ability lag and delays were rampant. People having to switch instances to try to get away from it, which only worked so much for so long.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

robertthebard
06.18.2019 , 02:34 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by battycoda View Post
I'm not much concerned about the double xp but it's been far more than half an hour of malfunctioning for me. After the patch last Tuesday, I couldn't play because any action would lag? (not the right word but meh) and that lasted for days. I'm still having some of it. I logged in last night and could not enter the game because my characters would not load. I get home this evening and still can't log into the game because my characters won't load. They are fixing it now but... yeah, it's not just 30 minutes. It's been a full week of glitches.
I'm not simply addressing this instance. Hell, I'm not even specifically addressing this MMO. Any time there's an unscheduled hiccup it's "we need a week's worth of compensation". The server could be down for a 10 minute restart, and suddenly everyone's lost a week of game time. Then they wonder why we can't get nice things.

The lag is a peculiar thing too, because I wasn't encountering it any where near what the forums would lead me to believe I should have been. I didn't notice that it was any worse than it's always been, and if we were really bored, we could backtrack these forums and find this issue going all the back to RotHC, when I got here initially.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

robertthebard
06.18.2019 , 02:38 PM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
the issue in this case is not looking for a practical solution, but rather a forgiving one.

lets suppose for 2 seconds I work at mcdonalds and you buy a medium coke from me. I charge you medium coke price, but when you get to the window you dont get your coke, only the meal. so you come in waving the reciept saying you didnt get a coke. what do I do? do I get you your medium coke? or do I upgrade it to large to show my apology and that I value your as a paying customer and your opinion matters to me?

the core of why this game is in such bad standing is there absolute abyssal customer service. they almost never offer extra bonuses for messing up, they offer automated responces to ticket, they tell their player base nothing until its too late to change, they use us as bug testers then fix after the fact and they unban permaban offences like hacking.. because money. and the cherry on the top, because EA is greedy, this games subscription costs the same as good company games like wow and FF, but puts out half the effort in content and customer service.
Welcome to the MMO industry. For every "Oops, here's a prize" instance, I could point to 100 that were just fixed. I've actually been on the "we need something" bandwagon a time or two, but the one time that stands out is when the server all my characters lived on was down for almost a week. We speculated that all their hamsters died, and when they did come back up, they did compensate us. In regard to price, I'd bet you can play more of this game for free than you can either FF or WoW. Two games that I have never played.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

Rolodome
06.18.2019 , 02:49 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

All servers are once again live! Thank you all for your patience today.

-eric
Does the team plan on acknowledging how bad it's been this week and consider some kind of compensation/make-up or are you just going to sweep it under the rug by thanking us for our patience and pretending like people didn't just have an entire week of intermittent issues? Patience is something I have plenty of. Belief that SWTOR is worth spending money on is in short supply.

Keep in mind I'm throwing you a bone here just taking the effort to ask and do it calmly. Most people who are in the same headspace as I am about this won't make that effort, they'll just silently go elsewhere.

You still have time to impact how people remember this incident, but the clock is ticking on that window. And you have the success of Onslaught to consider. How are you supposed to sell people on it when they're looking at major issues from a single change made to the game?

If I were in your position, I'd be deeply concerned right now - if you care about this game and its future, that is. I'm sure you're somewhat desensitized to the tone of stuff like this by now, but that desensitization can be blinding. Everything is fine and it's just another issue until it isn't fine anymore, and you find yourself wondering how it went wrong so fast. When in reality, it was going wrong steadily for a while and you just failed to address it.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

battycoda
06.18.2019 , 03:01 PM | #209
I'm not simply addressing this instance. Hell, I'm not even specifically addressing this MMO. Any time there's an unscheduled hiccup it's "we need a week's worth of compensation". The server could be down for a 10 minute restart, and suddenly everyone's lost a week of game time. Then they wonder why we can't get nice things.

The lag is a peculiar thing too, because I wasn't encountering it any where near what the forums would lead me to believe I should have been. I didn't notice that it was any worse than it's always been, and if we were really bored, we could backtrack these forums and find this issue going all the back to RotHC, when I got here initially.
Yeah, I agree. I don't expect anything really. Unless they want to give me that pair of beachwear shorts so my Sith can kill Pubs in summertime style. Stuff happens. It still irks me though while it is happening but it is what it is. They can't fix it any faster than they fix it and I can't do anything until they do but whine.

My signature was current on Makeb... Airlocked!

phalczen
06.18.2019 , 03:14 PM | #210
The developers have previously clarified that they can’t simply turn on Double XP/CXP. It requires a patch because it’s scripted. So we’ll never get double XP events extended because of unplanned downtime, but they have occasionally added an extra week in the future.

Personally I would ask for said makeup week to occur when 6.0 launches, but y’all go right ahead and keep asking for something they can’t do.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.