Favorite Flashpoint Experiences

Post your favorite and most fun experiences in flashpoints!

A few days ago, I was rolling on my full-heal Sorcerer on Cademimu using the group finder. I got teamed up with a 2 level 27s and a level 34 (I was level 28). Shortly after our group set out, the level 34 dropped from the game and, while waiting for the group finder to find another, we decided to try out luck at 3-manning the flashpoint.

We got all the way to the end without a tank, using 1 healer (me), and 2 DPS's. We used a variety of tactics, but the most-used one was having one player pull the toughest enemy near a ledge, and me blasting it off with Overload, and CC'ed every chance we got. We beat the entire flashpoint 3 man while under-leveled for it, and we only lost one party member once due to a turret knocking him off of a ledge. It was the most intense, edge-of-your-seat fun flashpoint I've ever run, and I had a blast with it.

I was running Taral V HM a couple of weeks ago, when the tank disconnected at the bridge. We waited 6-7 minutes then removed him and requeue for another tank. It wasn't peak hours so we had a long wait and decided to burn trash to the droid boss. As most of you know T5 can pretty much be skipped completely, but one of our dps was a fresh 50 so the plan was to get him some drops. Still no tank so we decided to go around, but one of the dps got too close. By stroke of luck we got things under control and downed the boss, the kind of fight where you start out cursing but finish with congrats all around. We stood around and chatted for a bit... still no tank. At this point we gave up on getting a tank, so burn the trash and skip the last boss (thank goodness we drew T5 or it would have been a complete wash). We're about halfway through the last cutscene when.. *pop* ... a tank finally shows. Needless to say I was cracking up at the timing, probably the funniest thing i've ever seen in a fp.

Note: If you are the late arrival in the above situation, you still get full credit towards the BH comm daily.

best moment was the first kill we did on droidboss in Lost Island as guild. Finaly a challenging fight. I leveled up with 3 other guys and we used to take all FP as soon as they were available. That´s also fun, but not realy that hard when people know what they´re dooing. The fun mainly exist in the fights take longer because you miss more when your a few levels "too low" Also as healer it´s more fun when it´s busy. And ofc when the group is a bit underleveled they tend to take more damage, which in turn makes it more challenging and fun, for the healer(me)

One of the funnier moments was playing EV in a group of 8. The tank put a target on himself and said "follow me, do not question", or something like that. As the floor was collapsing fighting Soa, the tank jumped to his death by mis-timing his drop and 6 lemmings followed him dutifully. The 7th lemming was watching it as we all fell one after another and the entire group was laughing about it, including the tank!

One of the funnier moments was playing EV in a group of 8. The tank put a target on himself and said "follow me, do not question", or something like that. As the floor was collapsing fighting Soa, the tank jumped to his death by mis-timing his drop and 6 lemmings followed him dutifully. The 7th lemming was watching it as we all fell one after another and the entire group was laughing about it, including the tank!

Thats epic!

My favourite FP experience was when some guildies ( healer, DPS and myself as tank) queued for Kaon HM without pants/chest/gloves/shoes. 5 times in a row the random DPS did not say a word about it while we were all rolling around laughing. The three of us then all stripped for our next few HM Ops runs and no one else noticed until I put my clothes back on and the other healer commented on how little damage I was taking all of a sudden.

Otherwise it would be learning the Mentor fight in D7, or downing Bulwark pre-nerf. Those were a lot of fun.

Every flashpoint, especially the HMs, was fun and challenging from 1.0 to 1.1. Back then, flashpoints were ridiculously difficult and unforgiving, most of them were bugged against your favor, and people didn't have overpowered gear to steamroll everything. On my first character, I got every piece of Columi gear from flashpoints alone before 1.2, which removed the restriction of only being able to do one hard mode of each applicable flashpoint.

They were good times.

Edited by xGBox

Had a good one a cpl weeks ago.

We get Kaon via the GF.....the instant we get in there, the tank sees that it's Kaon and just goes 'Oh hell no' and leaves. So me, the other DPS and healer wait for a bit...and since tanks are normally tougher to get...we sit for a few minutes, then decide....screw it....let's see where we can get. So we proceed to 3-man+comp Kaon sans tank.

We're still Q'd in the GF for a tank....when, 1/2 way through the last fight, we finally get a tank. By the time we finish off the last boss, the tank had just run into the room....he walks up, finishes the final conversation, picks up his comms and he's done :p

Other good FP stories normally involve someone getting Wilhelm'd right after they've been warned about being close to the edge :D