Enough with the skimpy gear already.

GrimAce

Look, I know back early on post release there was an outcry for more 'sexy' gear (for males especially), and it's awesome that you guys are listening to community demands, but enough is enough.

We've gotten to the point where this stuff is seriously oversaturated, and introducing more items of a similar nature - or a different colour - just isn't worth it right now. And on the rare occasion we do get a new model for armor involving even an inch of exposed flesh, it's way too excessive. Where are simple low-cut tops, or v-neck shirts? Maybe even just a tunic with short sleeves, or a halter top look chestpiece instead? We're not all hormonal 13 year olds, but more variety can be done with showing skin then what we've currently got, and in more creative ways that might actually find some circulation in the in-game market. 15 odd pages of dancer's gear pieces should be indicative that we're just not interested in any more of this gear right now - there's no demand for it.

Edited by GrimAce

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough is enough. Lots of players wanted a moddable Orgus Din's armor look-alike to be adaptive and colorable. This game really lacks nice, light Jedi garments. Now they're getting it but instead of the desired top they're getting a belly wrap. Great. Edited by Alec_Fortescue

And you felt the need to post this now for what reason exactly? To get some sort of validation from people who will likely just troll you into oblivion?

Like most other members posting at the moment, my thread was spurred by the leaked images of what's coming in the next cartel pack.

That is YOURE opinion.

I like sexy female outfits and i am not a teenager.

If it is youre opinion does not mean that others do not like it.

You're*

And of course it's my opinion, but the oversaturation of these items in the in-game market (GTN) seems to support a lack of demand. So there's that.

Edited by GrimAce

You're*

And of course it's my opinion, but the oversaturation of these items in the in-game market (GTN) seems to support a lack of demand. So there's that.

Er actually it is YOUR*....YOU'RE would be an abbreviation of YOU ARE, therefore the sentence would read, 'that is YOU ARE opinion'.....which is of course wrong....If you are going to troll with the grammar police...at least get it right lol.......nothing else to see here...move along :)

Er actually it is YOUR*....YOU'RE would be an abbreviation of YOU ARE, therefore the sentence would read, 'that is YOU ARE opinion'.....which is of course wrong....If you are going to troll with the grammar police...at least get it right lol.......nothing else to see here...move along :)

HAH! Fair call. Well played.

Simple solution: don't like it, don't buy it. If too many people followed suit, they would tone it down. Otherwise, you're out of luck, pal, because you are essentially telling other players what their in-game fashion tastes should be.

The problem is it's in cartel packs with stuff we DO want. I hate having a pile of bloody worthless skimpy stuff I can't even vendor (because sure as hell no one is buying it).

Edited by sturgess

There are so many non-skimpy sets already in the game that I don't see the problem. If anything, you should be happy that they make people pay for skimpy outfits.

You haven't used any facts to support your claims.We have a few variations in colour of the dancer set and 2 versions of the relaxed set. That's not that much, especially considering the amount of other armour sets that have come out that are not skimpy at all.

Let's take the more recent regulator and enforcer packs as an example. It contains the following armor sets:

Carth Onasi

Darth Malak

Genteel Dress

Organa Loyalist

Organa Statesman

Recovered Hero

Relaxed Jumpsuit

Rist Stateman

The Last Handmaiden

How many of these do you consider skimpy? Sure only Relaxed can be considered skimpy at all. The rest is all nicely covering your characters up.

So please, use facts and don't twist what's really out there. As far as I can tell each pack series has maybe one skimpy set and the rest is not.

Isn't misrepresenting the truth against your morals?

Edited by Tsillah

There are so many non-skimpy sets already in the game that I don't see the problem. If anything, you should be happy that they make people pay for skimpy outfits.

You haven't used any facts to support your claims.We have a few variations in colour of the dancer set and 2 versions of the relaxed set. That's not that much, especially considering the amount of other armour sets that have come out that are not skimpy at all.

Let's take the more recent regulator and enforcer packs as an example. It contains the following armor sets:

Carth Onasi

Darth Malak

Genteel Dress

Organa Loyalist

Organa Statesman

Recovered Hero

Relaxed Jumpsuit

Rist Stateman

The Last Handmaiden

How many of these do you consider skimpy? Sure only Relaxed can be considered skimpy at all. The rest is all nicely covering your characters up.

So please, use facts and don't twist what's really out there. As far as I can tell each pack series has maybe one skimpy set and the rest is not.

Isn't misrepresenting the truth against your morals?

Except that I seem to get three pieces of 'Relaxed' stuff to every one I get of another.

The problem is it's in cartel packs with stuff we DO want. I hate having a pile of bloody worthless skimpy stuff I can't even vendor (because sure as hell no one is buying it).

Then buy what you do want from the GTN rather than the CM. That's what I do. I have yet to acquire a single piece of skimpy clothing I did not intend to buy.

Your cast-off junk will sell if you price it cheaply enough. All my characters' female companions wear hats like the revelers cap because those hats are so cheap (and I'm going to disable head gear display no matter what it is, so one orange hat/helmet is as good as another).

Look, I know back early on post release there was an outcry for more 'sexy' gear (for males especially), and it's awesome that you guys are listening to community demands, but enough is enough.

We've gotten to the point where this stuff is seriously oversaturated, and introducing more items of a similar nature - or a different colour - just isn't worth it right now. And on the rare occasion we do get a new model for armor involving even an inch of exposed flesh, it's way too excessive. Where are simple low-cut tops, or v-neck shirts? Maybe even just a tunic with short sleeves, or a halter top look chestpiece instead? We're not all hormonal 13 year olds, but more variety can be done with showing skin then what we've currently got, and in more creative ways that might actually find some circulation in the in-game market. 15 odd pages of dancer's gear pieces should be indicative that we're just not interested in any more of this gear right now - there's no demand for it.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. The vast majority of players in these games are still male in this day and age. The fact is that for most guys, there can't be too many scantily clad females. So, you might think there's too much of that type of 'clothing' in the game and there might indeed be more than people will buy, but the playerbase as a whole will likely not tire of (anytime soon) of skimpy clothing for female toons.

If there is no demand, then the number of players wearing the items will decrease regardless of how many are posted on the GTN. It will sort itself out.

However, calling for censorship of a game that is working well within the boundaries set forth by the ESRB is pointless.

There are plenty of E rated games out there to enjoy if the skimpy outfits are offending your conservative sensabilities. This is a fantasy game, after all.

Except that I seem to get three pieces of 'Relaxed' stuff to every one I get of another.

Random packs are random. I bought about 12 packs and I got all kinds of stuff in there. And aside from the top the relaxed suit is not skimpy. The top tends to be the more rare piece. If you have multiple ones of those you can easily sell them and get other stuff. Most of it's cheap to come by on the gtn if you didn't get it from the pack.

My point stands, there are many more armour sets that are not skimpy and the OP's complaint therefore is invalid and franky antisocial as a consequence. Always someone who wants to take choices away from others because they can't help but stare themselves blind on the one set that they have a problem with and completely ignore the rest.

Edited by Tsillah

Where are simple low-cut tops, or v-neck shirts? Maybe even just a tunic with short sleeves, or a halter top look chestpiece instead?

Given how many toons I see running around in the skimpy gear, I think that proves there /is/ a demand for it.

BUT, I pulled this quote out because I agree with it. I would love to see gear that is sleeveless or v-necked.

I agree with the OP in that I would like to see more middle of the road stuff. Seems like every outfit is either completely covering or a dancer recolor. Give us more stuff like how the Aspiring Knight looks on females (at least let us dye it, so we can pretend it's new).

Just wait until "skinny jeans" arrive for males in game, so tight, you can tell what religion they are.... lol

Without joking, I am somewhere in the middle on this issue.... Part of me does not mind, the other part does not want to see Jedi that resemble the girls at the local strip clubs. It is a game after all....

Edited by Themanthatisi

Just wait until "skinny jeans" arrive for males in game, so tight, you can tell what religion they are.... lol

Without joking, I am somewhere in the middle on this issue.... Part of me does not mind, the other part does not want to see Jedi that resemble the girls at the local strip clubs. It is a game after all....

We already have skinny jeans. Everything in this game is skin tight.