Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: October 20, 2020

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: October 20, 2020
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkTergon
10.19.2020 , 02:56 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
No one actually needs these,
That's the problem, if everyone in the game said no, and didn't get them, yes I'd agree. BUT we all know pvp'rs are going to get them, so others will have to, especially in ranked where every point counts, and especially as it's extremely competitive.

Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
The patch notes I just read on the launcher could do with some proofreading, especially the point that apparently 750 is less than 600.

Example: “Crafting: Aid the War Effort” is now worth 750 points (down from 600)

EDIT: the website ones are the same.

You mean the patch notes are actually up on time
I'm shocked....well maybe not, that's probably why they are wrong, they didn't read them...lol

"Changes to squelch have been made across the galaxy. Squelched players will no longer be prevented from talking in guild, group, or ops chats. Additionally, players may be squelched only on the origin worlds and still able to talk in other planet chats."

So people can be <redacted> on one planet, and move on to another.....

The duration of all in-game pop-up notifications has been shortened.

Give us an option to turn the &%$£ing thing off....
They are so busy being non conformists, they are actually becoming more of a conformist , than conformists are {stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-E63guCro Fun SWTOR Video
Click for goodies

Kaveat
10.19.2020 , 03:07 PM | #22
didn't even notice that the maint message was up for this /shrug
RE: Patch Notes - Game Update 6.1.4
[end of line]
I have never 'suffered' from insanity... I always enjoy every minute of it!

Nee-Elder
10.19.2020 , 04:58 PM | #23
Thanks BioWare for all the BUG FIXES & stuff .... especially for THIS: "Corrected an issue preventing players from receiving and opening rewards in the Colicoid War Games Flashpoint."

Better late than never!

(seriously though, looking forward to running it more often cuz it's actually pretty fun ... Oh but, does this also mean it will now show-up in the 'groupfinder' List? )
Never tell me the odds!

Dragondog
10.19.2020 , 11:48 PM | #24
Do Sages have a Synthweaving discipline? Or was someone distracted while doing the patch?
SWTOR Referral Link for new and returning players. Add 7 days of SUBSCRIPTION and other good stuff.

TonyTricicolo
10.20.2020 , 06:01 AM | #25
Pretty lengthy set of "ptach" notes but no mention of fixing AP PT's Lode/Energy Blast issue. If you have any lodes before entering a phase energy blast will remain highlighted at 4 and will not dissipate forcing the player to manually remove the buff icon and having to rebuild lodes from start. Makes the class feature to use Recharge and Reload to build 4 stacks of lodes prefight null and void.
THE ONE AND ONLY TONY NOVA
ATM Password http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

OlBuzzard
10.20.2020 , 07:43 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
Are the new CQ changes taking place after this, or will they kick in when the CQ resets (assuming the servers are back up before the reset, or after) I'm interested in seeing how the new CQ looks live
And this ...

Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
The patch notes I just read on the launcher could do with some proofreading, especially the point that apparently 750 is less than 600.

Example: “Crafting: Aid the War Effort” is now worth 750 points (down from 600)

EDIT: the website ones are the same.
Plus a few more bugs added to the mix ..

**UGH**

Look folks ... the old man is not being overly critical or disrespectful ...

*** More attention should be given to genuine "feed back on PTS comments" ... maybe even some feed back from the team on player comments and "feed back"?
That could give some of us a clue as to what you as a team are looking for ... (maybe)

*** Essentially I've came to the conclusion that I will just simply wait until this goes live and see what shakes out. (less frustration that way).

I still have every confidence the the abilities of the team ... and those who do all of the daily tasks that result in the game we enjoy.

Yet the simple fact remains that there are some areas in which listening to each other could be VERY beneficial.

(without bruising anyone's ego).
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Lord_Noctarius
10.20.2020 , 09:10 AM | #27
Uuugh, does this whole maintenance thing really have to be done at exactly this time?
I mean, lots of people in Europe get home from work around this time, can the maintenance for EU servers not happen in, lets say, 8 hours from now, or end 5 hours ago. I mean, it's complicated with time zones and all, but having the servers down from 9-12 or 0-3 or literally any time that isn't around 16-18 in Europe would be a great idea. Like it's now, lots of people can't play after work, which is, as I see it, quite bothersome to people who play video games to counterbalance painful jobs...

CommunityTeam
10.20.2020 , 09:14 AM | #28 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks,

All SWTOR servers are once again available!

Thank you for your patience.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

OlBuzzard
10.20.2020 , 09:26 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by communityteam View Post
hi folks,

all swtor servers are once again available!

Thank you for your patience.
tyvm !!!
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

The-Kaitou-Kid
10.20.2020 , 09:41 AM | #30
Was there some piece of story content added with this update as well? I have a new story mission on one of my 75 toons, "Meeting Jekiah Ordo", but as far as I remember nothing like that was mentioned in the leadup to the patch or the patch notes.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."