Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not worth crafting apparently

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Not worth crafting apparently

Kortrell
11.14.2019 , 05:36 PM | #11
I am writing with the hope that the development team and the business team reads these posts. This is an explanation for why I will be cancelling my subscription, not just another complaint. It is very clear from the posts of many others that SWTOR is moving in a direction that is unfriendly to casual players. It is unreasonable to require players to complete many conquests that require lots of operations, flashpoints and PvP activities within a time limit in order to get a meager amount of crafting materials to craft basic items. Unfortunately, I have already wasted a lot of credits buying Onslaught crafting and patterns on different characters, only to later realize that I will not have the time to acquire the materials to make anything worth using. "Play your way," should have meant that one can do any type of content, including mission chains,dailies and crafting to get top level gear without having to grind through many operations, flashpoints or pvp arenas in over and over and with guilds. You don;t have to go to business school to know that trying to force customers to pay to do things they do not enjoy is a losing business strategy. Customers will just leave feeling betrayed and find one of the many alternative outlets that will happily accept their precious time and hard-earned entertainment money.

Kuniyosh
11.16.2019 , 04:34 AM | #12
I do not believe that the mats costs of crafting are broken. I do believe that reverse engineering is TERRIBLE! 20% chance on green items and you can burn through 20 greens to get the schematic. then the blues are 5%!

I have literally spent 1 billion on the fluxes and rare fluxes and epic fluxes plus mats trying to get a proc in a rare accuracy Augment. I have deconstructed 50-60 augments... do the math on that cost, and still nothing. I have given up. Cheaper to buy then try and craft them myself.

1 billion credits trying to learn ONE schematic..... COME ON BIO! Up the % chance to 50% on greens and 30% on blues and 20% on purples, OR bring back stacking percentages.
"I have studied you, and found nothing but weakness."

Airborneguy
11.16.2019 , 12:06 PM | #13
So I just came back to the game and resigned, literally today. I started whole new characters and started to craft...are you guys telling me that I cant make my millions anymore?

Void_Singer
11.17.2019 , 08:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
So I just came back to the game and resigned, literally today. I started whole new characters and started to craft...are you guys telling me that I cant make my millions anymore?
how many YEARS do you want to spend on it....
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

lawfig
11.17.2019 , 11:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by shippper View Post
be honest - crafting system totally destroyed
Agree. If they don't fix it I'll probably drop sub at the end of the year after 8 years as a sub non stop. And if I drop so will those in my family who still play to keep me company. (4 of them)

myrdinn
11.27.2019 , 12:03 AM | #16
Ah, so it is not just me, this is bloody insane.

Oh well, I re-subbed (apparently) just to figure out that I should not have re-subbed.