Pet peeve about Kotet *spoiler*

Aeristash

How dare you, Bioware, do that to Lana!! I was laughing at Koth about how Lana chose me over him and he said "What we had ended long before we freed you". Safe to say I wasn't laughing so much anymore. What they had? Lana has been mine since SoR!! If she had something with him, that means she cheated on me!! And worse yet, she said nothing about it before or after the revelation. Okay not entirely true. I remember asking in chapter one of kotfe if they had something and she simply averted the question. You mean while I was locked up in carbonite, she was letting Koth console her with this and that!? :mad: I mean it was no secret that he had a crush on her, but they were actually an item while we were supposed to be an item? I bet THERON won't have any skeletons like that in his closet. Thanks alot Bioware for ruining Lana. Please put a break up option if you ever follow up with an expansion. I don't want to look at her cheating face ever again.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely. If romancing Lana, call Koth jealous when trying to retake the gravestone. Then that dirt bag spills the beans about their past together. I can't believe those two :mad:

Oh that's just fantastic. I've never romanced either of them so I wouldn't have ever found out but that's just brilliant. I did always wonder about those two..

Sucks for you though I suppose. =\

My Sith's certainly not going to hold it against Lana that, while he was missing and presumed dead for half a decade, she got into a relationship with someone else. There are limits to chaste fidelity in a society - like the Sith - predicated upon embracing one's passions. After Koth's betrayal, she made her feelings (or lack thereof) clear to him.

But she also met Koth, I believe, while looking for you and planning a rescue, right? She can't have been that convinced of her lover's death then and still she jumped into someone else's bed. :p Unless I'm misunderstanding when they met. Sounds to me she just needed her itch scratched while you were unavailable.

But she also met Koth, I believe, while looking for you and planning a rescue, right?

I always thought that they've met each other before that. Senya is the one she met while looking for you, I think.

Edited by Jennica

first of all, I never got an impression that anything you had during SoR was in any way exclusive or permanent, hell - she all but breaks up with you after her appointment to intelligence.

second of all - the signs that she and Koth had ... history in a past were all over the first few chapters of KOTFE. they denied that they had anything going on currently, which is 100% true, but all they said about the past is that its none of your business - which again is true. (and to answer the question just above, she and Koth has been working together for years, saved each others lives and all - they met just after he defected, so best I can tell about a year or so after player has been incased in carbonite)

so Lana did NOT even remotely cheat on a player's character. only pathologically possessive person would call it cheating.

Edited by Jeweledleah

But she also met Koth, I believe, while looking for you and planning a rescue, right? She can't have been that convinced of her lover's death then and still she jumped into someone else's bed. :p Unless I'm misunderstanding when they met. Sounds to me she just needed her itch scratched while you were unavailable.

^ This. She met Koth while looking for allies to free the outlander. She started playing with the help, broke it off and then threw herself at me like she had been thinking of nothing but me for over half a decade. :mad:

first of all, I never got an impression that anything you had during SoR was in any way exclusive or permanent, hell - she all but breaks up with you after her appointment to intelligence.

second of all - the signs that she and Koth had ... history in a past were all over the first few chapters of KOTFE. they denied that they had anything going on currently, which is 100% true, but all they said about the past is that its none of your business - which again is true. (and to answer the question just above, she and Koth has been working together for years, saved each others lives and all - they met just after he defected, so best I can tell about a year or so after player has been incased in carbonite)

so Lana did NOT even remotely cheat on a player's character. only pathologically possessive person would call it cheating.

^ No. We made out after Ziost and she called me 'her love'. That's a relationship. If she wasn't feeling guilty about it she would've been upfront and wouldn't have hid it. Also she doesn't tell you it's not your business, she says "I'm going to pretend that's not your most pressing concern right now" and then never gets back around to it. Total aversion. She knows she was wrong, that's why she's uncomfortable talking about it. Cheater. :mad:

^ This. She met Koth while looking for allies to free the outlander. She started playing with the help, broke it off and then threw herself at me like she had been thinking of nothing but me for over half a decade. :mad:

^ No. We made out after Ziost and she called me 'her love'. That's a relationship. If she wasn't feeling guilty about it she would've been upfront and wouldn't have hid it. Also she doesn't tell you it's not your business, she says "I'm going to pretend that's not your most pressing concern right now" and then never gets back around to it. Total aversion. She knows she was wrong, that's why she's uncomfortable talking about it. Cheater. :mad:

omg. she called your character my love - you must be married now /eyeroll. you were NOT in an exclusive relationship, the romance was never locked it. you were in stages of falling in love - but there was no discussion of "we are exclusive now". I don't know about your dating history in real life, but guess what - people in real life date and kiss and have sex without formally being in an exclusive relationship. until you both discus it and agree on it? you are NOT exclusive.

moreover - she and Koth KNEW EACH OTHER FOR YEARS. they may have been looking for outlander for years, but that doesn't change that they knew each other for years, while outlander was nowhere to be found and worked together in a resistance against Arcaan. for years. and again. its none of your business what and adult woman did with her body while not in an exclusive relationship. she. didn't. cheat. there was nothing to cheat about. being mad at her for finding some temporary comfort with Koth is pathologically possessive. and btw, you CAN ask her again, and you can ask Koth again and they are both dismissive, becasue whatever they had? is in a past, they are now platonic partners and that's all that should matter.

Edited by Jeweledleah

omg. she called your character my love - you must be married now /eyeroll. you were NOT in an exclusive relationship, the romance was never locked it. you were in stages of falling in love - but there was no discussion of "we are exclusive now". I don't know about your dating history in real life, but guess what - people in real life date and kiss and have sex without formally being in an exclusive relationship. until you both discus it and agree on it? you are NOT exclusive.

moreover - she and Koth KNEW EACH OTHER FOR YEARS. they may have been looking for outlander for years, but that doesn't change that they knew each other for years, while outlander was nowhere to be found and worked together in a resistance against Arcaan. for years. and again. its none of your business what and adult woman did with her body while not in an exclusive relationship. she. didn't. cheat. there was nothing to cheat about. being mad at her for finding some temporary comfort with Koth is pathologically possessive. and btw, you CAN ask her again, and you can ask Koth again and they are both dismissive, becasue whatever they had? is in a past, they are now platonic partners and that's all that should matter.

Thank you. This is it. She's her own damn woman. A powerful and strong willed one at that. She kissed the main character a few times and opened up to you, but nothing more. She was looking for you for 5 years with Koth, who had a lot of better romantic opportunities (which he clearly ****ed up, loser). Still, it really isn't any of your business. What they did is over and past, and all she is focused on is being romantic with you after the whole carbonite thing. Be thankful she still has feelings for you after all those years. Gosh, so ungrateful and possessive!

only pathologically possessive person would call it cheating.

"Oh no, my partner whom I supposedly love has gone missing/been captured by baddies. I'm going to go and save this person, whom I supposedly love, but while I'm getting there I'm going to shag around 'cause we never actually said we were together so it's all good! Oh and I'm definitely not going to mention it when I'm reunited with my lover, I'll keep it a dirty little secret until they inevitably find out from someone else instead of me, thus causing them more pain"

If someone I loved had been imprisoned, I wouldn't be screwing other people in the meantime. I certainly wouldn't let my partner work alongside said side-piece without telling them about anything that did happen first. Nothing 'pathologically possessive' about that. Though I appreciate most individuals in this day and age seem to have no concept of morality or loyalty when it comes to relationships. Lana is evidently far Sithier than we've been led to believe.

The more pressing concern is 'why would the writer's have a sophisticated (or not, as we now know) intellectual like Lana shack up with a single-track-mind idealist who's got an unhealthy adoration for the galaxy's most prolific mass-murderer and whines non-stop about everything when it isn't done his way?'

Theron I could maybe see it happening but not lasting long, but Koth? Christ...

What about the romance you had before you met Lana?

shhhhhhhh We do not talk about that. Let's pretend it never happend, lets just say it was a prank OR A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT. But seriously what were we saying about Lana being a cheater again?