Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How playable is pvp now with current bolster and lack of pvp gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How playable is pvp now with current bolster and lack of pvp gear?

Dayshadow
11.15.2017 , 08:57 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by funnypat View Post
Never, ever go into a wz without any mods in gear, it's better if you use green stuff than empty orange gear.

Bolster only affects what is there, so only your basic armor stat gets bolstered (which is on empty stuff like 30 armoring or something like that). You want to have in every slot something, at least a green item or an orange one with lvl 10 mods.

The only reason you don't have any relics/earpieces/implants on your character should be if you are new and you just doing your very first wz with the introduction quest (that gives you all the missing stuff).

Bolster pushes your stats as well, but only those you have!
What I'm saying is a guy with 200 endurance will have more health than a guy and 100. T guy with 300 crit is going to crit more than a guy with 100 crit. So the gear does matter, right? Bolster doesn't remove the gear advantage.

Am I mistaken?
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

funnypat
11.15.2017 , 09:44 PM | #22
No, you have 1 mod that is lvl 10 and gives 7 to endurance or whatever - other person has a lvl 120 mod that gives 50 to endurance - they both get bolstered to item lvl 242 and both get "a temporal wz mod" that gives 130 or so to endurance.

If you don't have a mod in your armor you miss out on the stats getting bolstered, in the end it only matters that you have something.

so no, the person with more crit doesn't have more crit in a wz - except if you use mods that provide less crit than theirs in general (e. g. different lethal mods - lethal b mod or what they're called - more endurance, less crit - more crit less endurance)

But let's not make this too specific, just get stuff into every slot and you are good - go for set as soon as you can and get the best augments right away or none at all, because they don't get bolstered.
Ræly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cæly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

Dayshadow
11.15.2017 , 10:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by funnypat View Post
No, you have 1 mod that is lvl 10 and gives 7 to endurance or whatever - other person has a lvl 120 mod that gives 50 to endurance - they both get bolstered to item lvl 242 and both get "a temporal wz mod" that gives 130 or so to endurance.

If you don't have a mod in your armor you miss out on the stats getting bolstered, in the end it only matters that you have something.

so no, the person with more crit doesn't have more crit in a wz - except if you use mods that provide less crit than theirs in general (e. g. different lethal mods - lethal b mod or what they're called - more endurance, less crit - more crit less endurance)

But let's not make this too specific, just get stuff into every slot and you are good - go for set as soon as you can and get the best augments right away or none at all, because they don't get bolstered.
But even any empty item has a rating of 8. It's better than starter white armor.

funnypat
11.16.2017 , 06:58 AM | #24
If you, by level 10, still don't have at least green armor to queue for wz then you shouldn't queue at all, because clearly you haven't yet understood how gearing works

"that white armor I wear at level one is not as good as orange armor from cm"

Yes it is but you're not lvl 1 when you start queuing wzs and should have done enough story quests by now that you have the basic stuff.

Any further "what ifs" I'm going to ignore because I get the feeling you're trolling...

In short:

orange empty - bad
orange full - good
Ræly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cæly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

Icykill_
11.18.2017 , 09:16 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Metthew View Post
Lack of bolster is offset by skill in NA I think, except for very situational times (lack of DPS to 1v1 someone etc.) I haven't really felt it. But I take so much more damage undergeared, which would be a problem in EU. Talking about ranked btw, regs is fully fine - Devil seems to do just good without full set bonus even.
6 months ago I was raging at the gear gap and how Bolster wasn’t high enough... but since the move... there have been a lot less good pvpers about and the gear gap doesn’t seem so big now...
I’m still playing most of my matches in 208 pvp gear and with 300ms lag... and it’s the lag that kills me more than the gear or other players...
Gear is only becoming a problem for me when I come up against someone else of equal or higher or close to the same skill as me... then the gap and lag is disastrous... thankfully that’s not happening much because there are far fewer higher skilled pvpers left
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Icykill_
11.18.2017 , 09:19 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
But even any empty item has a rating of 8. It's better than starter white armor.
Not in pvp... I use empty shells in the pve start area too because they give better stats...
But in pvp... you are required to wear real armor that has stats because you have Bolster in pvp and it won’t increase your stats properly if you wear empty shells
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Dayshadow
11.19.2017 , 04:06 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Not in pvp... I use empty shells in the pve start area too because they give better stats...
But in pvp... you are required to wear real armor that has stats because you have Bolster in pvp and it won’t increase your stats properly if you wear empty shells
OK.

On another note: If you have crit mods, for example, will bolster give you a predetermined default 242 crit amount? Or is there a multiplier involved so that a person with 100 crit would still have higher crit than someone with 80 crit?

kissingaiur
11.19.2017 , 07:58 AM | #28
Bolster is tolerable. The only issue I have with it is it breaks relics. Lv10 Wind crystal relics are close in the dps/hps comparison as 248 even with the 248 proc. https://www.rambol.net/home/2017/10/...-relics-in-pvp

They give you over 700+ mastery for no reason.

I'm leveling up another toon on EU and there is no reason not to wear wind relics when they are just as good as 248.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that I’ve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur