Cost of Removing Mods...

JHoltJHolt

Got a new robe the other day and really liked the look of it. So I waned to pull the mods in my current robe and switch them... 19k to pull each one out. ***? Isn't that a little overkill for a casual player? I don't have enogh credits to purchase all of my ability upgrades at the trainer, buy my new speeder or send my companions on missions so i can work on my crafting skill. Now i have to pay 60-80k just to move my mods to a new piece of armor?

Granted, it's jut cosmetic... but is it really nessecary to charge so much for something that really doesn't matter?

I'm stuck with my current robe, is basically the conclusion i've come to. So I know, tough **** for me. But does anyone else find this rediculous?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the credits to change out armor, and I still don't do it. Some of the social gear looks decent, but to change out my mods it would cost me roughly 450k creds.

GG, BW, making cool social gear that no one would ever use seriously is GG.

Got a new robe the other day and really liked the look of it. So I waned to pull the mods in my current robe and switch them... 19k to pull each one out. ***? Isn't that a little overkill for a casual player? I don't have enogh credits to purchase all of my ability upgrades at the trainer, buy my new speeder or send my companions on missions so i can work on my crafting skill. Now i have to pay 60-80k just to move my mods to a new piece of armor?

Granted, it's jut cosmetic... but is it really nessecary to charge so much for something that really doesn't matter?

I'm stuck with my current robe, is basically the conclusion i've come to. So I know, tough **** for me. But does anyone else find this rediculous?

I agree. Many times on my server, its cheaper to just buy it from the GTN instead.

I have the credits to change out armor, and I still don't do it. Some of the social gear looks decent, but to change out my mods it would cost me roughly 450k creds.

I agree.The exchanging mod money sink has got to go. It's irritating to the very least.

Well, Consuleers and Inquisitors can use it seriously but also remember that with 1.2 comes medium and heavy social so we'll be there soon as well.

450k is 3-4 days of CASUAL farming. Could be even less if you do more PVE then PVP daily quests. 450k in this game is nothing unless you just stand at fleet spamming chat.

I agree.The exchanging mod money sink has got to go. It's irritating to the very least.

Except that's why it's there: as a credit sink. I'm not saying it's expensive, it is, and that could be adjusted, but not completely removed.

I play barely 1-2 hours a day and I have more than enough money to swap as needed.

Be lucky they let you pull them out because it would probably cost more to buy new purple...or if it IS cheaper to buy new purple mods, that is your answer.

I assume they are purple because even in the low 40's my blue do not cost that much to pull out that I recall.

450k is 3-4 days of CASUAL farming. Could be even less if you do more PVE then PVP daily quests. 450k in this game is nothing unless you just stand at fleet spamming chat.

What makes you think i should spend 3-4 days of CASUAL farming just to change my look.... ? I've got better things to do with those credits, and better things to do in 3-4 days of my life. 3-4 days means something in the real world.

Again, I understand i'm just stuck with it. But there'nothing wrong with discussing this. This is not a valid argument. those 3-4 days mean something to me, if not to anyone else.

To me 3-4 days of casual farming seems excessive to just remove some mods to try on some armor. I couple of hours of casual farming maybe.

I play barely 1-2 hours a day and I have more than enough money to swap as needed.

Be lucky they let you pull them out because it would probably cost more to buy new purple...or if it IS cheaper to buy new purple mods, that is your answer.

I assume they are purple because even in the low 40's my blue do not cost that much to pull out that I recall.

Why would I consider myself "Lucky"? You act like Bioware has done me a favor by implimenting this feature. It's part of the game, none of us are lucky....

That doesn't make any sense and that was not the point.

1. 19k to pull each one out.

2. Purchase all of my ability upgrades at the trainer

3. Buy my new speeder

4. Send my companions on missions

5. "Work" on my crafting skill. (read: press a button and wait)

You mean you have a limit on what you can and can't afford?

And only by putting more time in will you be able to afford all those things that you want?

Why can't they just give us everything now?

Making us work for stuff is stoopid.

What a bunch of jerks!

/sarcasm

If you have abilities to purchase at the trainer, then you are still leveling. If you are still leveling then I wouldn't recommend bothering with pulling mods out of one item to put in another, by the next planet you'll likely find a green or blue piece that will be better than previous orange pieces. I stashed all my orange pieces in the cargo bay and by 50 I had half a bay full. Then is when you get the pieces you like the 'look' of and you'll have the funds after training is all done to mod them accordingly.

If you have abilities to purchase at the trainer, then you are still leveling. If you are still leveling then I wouldn't recommend bothering with pulling mods out of one item to put in another, by the next planet you'll likely find a green or blue piece that will be better than previous orange pieces. I stashed all my orange pieces in the cargo bay and by 50 I had half a bay full. Then is when you get the pieces you like the 'look' of and you'll have the funds after training is all done to mod them accordingly.

Some people like to look a certain way and don't like having their look change every single level.

Why would I consider myself "Lucky"? You act like Bioware has done me a favor by implimenting this feature. It's part of the game, none of us are lucky....

That doesn't make any sense and that was not the point.

Don't be so defensive. We are lucky they have put this system in to allow us to re-use mods we already have on our possession.

Use any descriptive you want...I chose lucky.

It does make sense, it is a point, maybe not your point, or THE point as you like to use.

I could say quit whining and that money is easy to make in this game, but I was trying to be politically correct as is the requirement on these forums.

I will repeat, I feel we are "lucky" that we have this "feature" in this game regardless of the cost. It provides an additional gearing option.

Edited by Saurakk

I think the old paradigm of needing a money sink (or time sink) is over-rated. Games evolve. Who knows what it will be like 15 yrs from now, but I can pretty much guarantee it won't be based on this model.

...and oh yeah, I think the cost is too high for just changing a few enhancements/mods.

They have to create some form of grind for you to keep going out and doing the same boring crap day in day out never seen a game with so many credit sinks to make up for creativity.

Since blizz are laying of some employees maybe bw can pick some up to replace some of the talentless chimps they have working for them.

I dont think you understand the term casual.

If nothing else, you think casual players are going to spend 6 hours(thats 3 days of their gameplay time) just to farm for credits when they want to level their toon or roll an alt.