Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Sage DPS (TK + Balance) 2.0+

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
[Guide] Sage DPS (TK + Balance) 2.0+

ZGOZZ
04.18.2013 , 03:57 AM | #11
Nice write up..

Nibbon
04.18.2013 , 08:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
Relics have never been my strong point
So, with a TK Sage the 2 relics to use may well be:

Arkanian Relic of Serendipitous Assault
&
Arkanian Relic of Elemental Transcendence
Arkanian Relic of Boundless Ages is your third choice - you should mix and match based upon your own preferences. If you are bad at clicking/activating cool downs, then the two you are listed are better - and on many fights will net you more DPS anyway. On fights like Kephess in TFB, the power click raises in value. But yeah, you have the names right

Quote: Originally Posted by Tethyr View Post
I've been spending my time doing practicing on lvl 55 Operation Dummy, getting a lot of resists on it..my accuracy is at 105% what is suppose to be my accuracy as TK Sage.
110% - it's in the writeup

Quote: Originally Posted by Frerbear View Post
Hey Nibbon, appreciate all of the information. The two proc relics do work together, one of my guildmates has tested this. So what you are saying is that the power and damage proc are better, but the power click may be better depending on the situation?
I revised that part a little - it is a personal choice. On fights where there are boss immunity or heavy movement - it is better to have a power click relic than the power proc relic so you can actually decide when you want that power boost. That being said - it should proc somewhere around 12-14 times over the course of a 5 minute fight, so if you lose one, you aren't losing its total effectiveness.

Bronaimeth
04.18.2013 , 08:13 AM | #13
Getting mid 8k turbulences with double proc relics is fun.

Also, are we still utilizing the hard cast mind crush opener?

Frerbear
04.18.2013 , 10:35 AM | #14
So Nibbon what are your thoughts on the power proc and power click relic. I already have the Underworld power proc and am still using DG clicky and I like the feel of it. Is this that far behind the 2 procs or damage proc/power clicky?
Asylum-The Harbinger
Beskosei-Shadow DPS
Jongom-Sage DPS
Smugbesk-Scoundrel Healer

Nibbon
04.18.2013 , 10:42 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Frerbear View Post
So Nibbon what are your thoughts on the power proc and power click relic. I already have the Underworld power proc and am still using DG clicky and I like the feel of it. Is this that far behind the 2 procs or damage proc/power clicky?
I think you can't really go wrong. Anything beyond that I have already expressed in the original writeup (revised this morning) - but in summation, you are fine using the power click relic, I like it for situational fights and plan on using it in my normal gearing (along with the damage proc relic, which I already have).

Tethyr
04.18.2013 , 03:42 PM | #16
Mr. Nibbon, you stated, you don't want to concentrate on critical, so basically concentrate getting your acc to 110% then the rest power/surges sir ?for TK DPS Sage?

Gondolindhrim
04.18.2013 , 03:50 PM | #17
It's all in the OP. 0 crit all power, 6 accuracy enhancements + 4 surge ones for TK.
Rheiya | Fyrellis | Kayleen | Adelynn | ydis | Hailey | Lyell | Leonyra
Freiya | Zeyus | Ivaadi | Ellyxia | Shyala | Sugarberry | Ylvie| Syeeda

JSunrider
04.18.2013 , 04:59 PM | #18
Awesome work as usual Nibbon. Balance Q for you: You say you pop CDs after the WM. That means SF eats up your second Potency, doesn't it? I was under the impression that you always wanted Potency to go to TTx2 or FiB+TT. Am I out of the loop on the theory there?

Nibbon
04.18.2013 , 08:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JSunrider View Post
Awesome work as usual Nibbon. Balance Q for you: You say you pop CDs after the WM. That means SF eats up your second Potency, doesn't it? I was under the impression that you always wanted Potency to go to TTx2 or FiB+TT. Am I out of the loop on the theory there?
SF does not eat up a potency. It will be consumed on FiB and a TT.

ChuangTzu
04.18.2013 , 08:20 PM | #20
I was wondering about gearing for hybrid balance, would that just be the same as full balance?
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu