Gift affection gain is bugged

TheRealBoz

Didn't know where else to put this...

Anycase, I just got a new companion that loves Underworld Goods.

Gave him a rank 4 UW gift. Got 240 affection. Five minutes later, gave him a rank 5 UW gift, and got 144 affection. To ensure that I wasn't affected by a "gifting cooldown diminishing return" or whatever, I gave him a rank 4 UW gift right after (3 minutes later) and got 240 again.

Didn't know where else to put this...

Anycase, I just got a new companion that loves Underworld Goods.

Gave him a rank 4 UW gift. Got 240 affection. Five minutes later, gave him a rank 5 UW gift, and got 144 affection. To ensure that I wasn't affected by a "gifting cooldown diminishing return" or whatever, I gave him a rank 4 UW gift right after (3 minutes later) and got 240 again.

To be clear, you are giving him Underworld Goods, not just Companion Gifts got from Underworld Trading, right?

For the maximum affection gain, you have to give them level-appropriate gives.

Obviously (for some) if they are at high affection already and you give them a low level gift, you will get diminished affection.

However, if you give them a gift that is too high for their current affection (say, a lv5 gift when they are at 2000 affection) then that potential gain will also be reduced.

Where those thresholds are, I really can't say though, but it was around 1750-1800 for rank 1 gifts petered off.