Explosive Conflict- Only 4 bosses ??? seriously ??

I'm truly saddened by the fact that we are only getting 4 bosses with the release of 1.2

How long will it take us to Master the Encounters Farm all the gear from HM's.

With the bosses being cleared in PTS Its sad to say that I doubt that Explosive Conflict is going to keep someones interest like myself who plays games such as this to Raid/Ops (w/e you wanna call it)

Dear Bioware,

If you are going to make Ops that can be cleared in one sitting then we need something else to do for the rest of the week !

I <3 This game and don't want to see it fail, however 4 boss raids are FTL

Yeah I was, and still am a little disappointed by the fact EC only has 4 bosses, but what I hear from the PTS those 4 are pretty challenging and if I'm honest, I would rather have 4 challenging, well designed bosses than 5 bug-ridden mediocre ones *cough*Eternity Vault*cough* and 5 slightly less bug-ridden mediocre ones*cough*karagga's palace*cough*.

But if Bioware are to be believed when they say this is merely the first half of tier 2 (as has been stated in several interviews) I wouldn't be too worried so long as 1.3 doesn't take another 3 months to come out. I wouldn't be surprised if they release 1.3 sometime around early to mid June seeing as Nightmare Mode still needs to be added to EC and it would make sense to release it along with the rest of tier 2, if indeed that is the plan.

Only time will tell I guess.

EDIT: Interview Source: Jump to page 3 for the relevant info

Edited by The-Vortex

Ya i really hope they have somethnig up there sleave because 4 bosses is not enough to keep rasiders interest at ALL. The absolute bare minimum that should even be conisdered in a big patch like this is 7. After this patch is released i have absolutly no intertest in ever setting foot in the other 2 raids as they were terrible. They were all tank n spanks with a dodge this mechanic full of bugs.

Oh gee, only 4 bosses and an absolute metric ****ton of other content is being released.

Whatever will you do?

Be patient. This update is huge and brings A LOT of end game re-playability to the game by giving PVP a much needed update and the direly needed Legacy system.

Sure this content will likely be cleared quickly but getting this out now will open the door for them to work on the next set of raiding.

Oh gee, only 4 bosses and an absolute metric ****ton of other content is being released.

Whatever will you do?

Be patient. This update is huge and brings A LOT of end game re-playability to the game by giving PVP a much needed update and the direly needed Legacy system.

Sure this content will likely be cleared quickly but getting this out now will open the door for them to work on the next set of raiding.

A metric S**t Ton ???? are you kidding me?

Curious as to how you're weighing this.

How Exactly is the legacy system going to keep people/guilds such as myself logging in night after night?

I have 3 50's Don't really care about leveling any more. at this time.

Space slug is consistently pushing a whopping 50 people on the fleet at peak hrs.

Where the eff are server xfers ?

Most of my guild doesn't pvp - they would rather play another game with more raid content. something that has more of 4 hrs of raiding per week.

We play for the Raiding/Ops environment.

how do you release a new Ops with fewer bosses than even the previous Ops had ?

and don't say "Cause these bosses are HARD"

Seems like a very poor choice, and I hate to say it, but I see even more people leaving the game now.... >.< All there is to do end game is PvP or level alts period. we allready clear both of the current ops in one night. hell in a few hrs. so now we may get 8-10 hrs of raiding per week, granted we farm the old content, which we've been farming since release....

Thanks Bioware/EA !

Edited by Phatsac

I get the feeling they'll expect us to progress through EC for about a month. It wont last that long for high end guilds, but naturally some farming will be done to get everyone geared up.

Then they'll release Nightmare mode sometime in mid May I reckon.

And then, well they claim 1.3 will come a lot quicker than 1.2...but it'd be silly to believe this tbh :p It may very well end up being another 3 months. Who knows, only time will tell.

However imo 1.3 should come sooner rather than later - purely because if it's the same raid-tier as EC, then there's no point releasing it after everyone's farming EC nightmare.

But then naturally only about half the campaign gear will drop in EC, and the rest in the next Ops no doubt.

I'd rather have ~4 new Bosses every ~2 months instead of having a new raid-instance once very ~6 months.

Not only does it keep people engaged for longer but it also makes older content less redundant. With WoW, old instances were totally irrelevant once new instances were released. With SWTOR there's still plenty of reason to go back to the old ones.

That said, I do think the 1.2 expectations are a little overhyped. We aren't really getting all that much "new" content.

A small raid-instance, a handful of dailies, a new warzone and "rated warzones".

Edited by Dee-Jay

I just don't get the expectations most people get these days at a short amount of time. You know game design takes a bit and add voice over, I am surprised on getting something so fast.

Lets not judge games based on others mmos and have a quick draw of judgments on things. I have been noticing a lot of server member loss due to most expect the unexpected or maybe this game isn't for them.

I rather wait things out to see how the story goes and have a good solid Ops vs. the buggy SOA encounter. That fight was hella fun if it wasn't so buggy.

If it's challenging, 4 is enough for me, if not, then the disappointment is justified.

I'd rather have ~4 new Bosses every ~2 months instead of having a new raid-instance once very ~6 months.

Not only does it keep people engaged for longer but it also makes older content less redundant. With WoW, old instances were totally irrelevant once new instances were released. With SWTOR there's still plenty of reason to go back to the old ones.

Care to enlighten me how? Campaign drops only in new one on hard mode right? Black hole gear doesnt have set bonus, so short of weapons (are there black hole weapons?) I guess it doesnt even matter.

So everything else from current endgame is 'obsolete', something for new people to get geared up but that is not the point, why go back to old ones?

Keep in mind we also got moveable/scalable UIs, another warzone, ranked warzone system, new dailies, a new 4 man, the legacy system fully implemented, gear customization retooling and class re-balancing.

It's a big patch that gave a little of everything. Now that they added the Legacy and UI systems, there will be more development time/testing focus freed up for expanding other things such as operations.

And they've stated that they prefer doing lots of small operations as opposed to 1 operation with a dozen bosses.

The OP is right, we shouldnt get only 4 bosses with 1.2 (for free)

BW should release an expansion for 30 USD every 2nd month, adding at least 4 new OPs, 2 new planets and 1 new player class.

/sarcasm off

1.2 is huge and got all kinds of new features, the new OP being just one of many.

Do you people even ever read what you are posting on the forum???

Honest question: do these 4 bosses drop all campaign set pieces? Of will we have to wait post 1.2 for some pieces?

you will not be able to get the full Black hole set from Explosive Conflict.

the same as you weren't able to get full Rakata from EV

Honest question: do these 4 bosses drop all campaign set pieces? Of will we have to wait post 1.2 for some pieces?

From the videos I saw, they drop at least 8 pieces. Each boss seems to drop two unassembled (non class specific) campaign tokens. Off just the first two bosses I believe I saw Wrist, Waist, Leggings, and Offhand. Not 100% sure on that.

Edited by Seront

Seems like a very poor choice, and I hate to say it, but I see even more people leaving the game now.... >.< All there is to do end game is PvP or level alts period. we allready clear both of the current ops in one night. hell in a few hrs. so now we may get 8-10 hrs of raiding per week, granted we farm the old content, which we've been farming since release....

Thanks Bioware/EA !

Hey Phatsac,

I agree with you on the fact that I wish the new ops had more bosses however you haven't even cleared EV and Karagga's on Nightmare mode fully yet on 8 man and haven't done 16 man at all so I don't know how you can say you clear it in one night. Keep working on those plus the new ops and you can keep your raiders busy a little longer.

Here's to them continually adding more content every couple months. I will stay interested in the game if that happens.

Edited by Quinnie

How Exactly is the legacy system going to keep people/guilds such as myself logging in night after night?

Why do you have to log in night after night?

It costs you $15 a month to keep your sub. I spend that every day on a pack of smokes and a coffee in the morning. Until this game leaves vanilla, expect small boosts. That's always the way it is. Universally. Everywhere. In all fledgling mmos. And you know this.

Much like the "hardcores" had nothing to do in vanilla WoW, but years later those same guys are raid-enthusiast gear junkies roaming around in the very same game they used to have nothing to do in, things will catch up.

I'm glad you like the game, Phat, but remember what stage of evolution you're in. At least this game launched with WZ and other PvP options... unlike some other titles.

Edited by Blistrich

Believe me, I'm not bashing the game here, I love it. I'm a huge star wars nerd and a big fan of the game.

Hey Phatsac,

I agree with you on the fact that I wish the new ops had more bosses however you haven't even cleared EV and Karagga's on Nightmare mode fully yet on 8 man and haven't done 16 man at all so I don't know how you can say you clear it in one night. Keep working on those plus the new ops and you can keep your raiders busy a little longer.

Here's to them continually adding more content every couple months. I will stay interested in the game if that happens.

and yea Moonpie you're correct I haven't finished Nightmare on 8, I'm 4/5 3/5 nightmare.

As it stands We are having a hard time Filling 8 people anymore, I've Geared 2 groups through HM's progressed through what little Nightmare content we did clear and yea Brick wall. Back to HM's because people are burnt by the time they clear HM and stop showing up, then I have to regear another set of folks. I know that Its not this way for everyone. There are a hand full of guilds on spaceslug that are clearing NM weekly 8 and 16.

That said Maybe I'm just frustrated a bit from Lack of dedication by my guild mates. I would love to have the Infernal and Unyeilding title, but other than that there is no other real reason to do Nightmare modes (besides being able to say I've cleared them all)which I soooo wish i could, and I guess without more of a reason people in my guild just lose interest and stop showing up.

I guess I just had my hopes up. I quit Wow knowing this game was around the corner, around the same time Rift came out, I picked that up and quickly threw together a capable group of people and came away with Shard firsts for the first 2 raids GSB & ROS which were small 5 bossers. then they released Hammerknell..... I'm not advocating Rift here on the swtor forums but in all honesty That was the type of jump i was expecting in level of difficulty/amount of content between T1 / T2 raids.

Ill stop my rant now. I'm sure the new bosses will be fun and great, And believe me If I can scrounge up 8 come thursday night we will be in there :) C you

Edited by Phatsac

It should be enough to keep me busy until "The Secret World" beta weekends start May 11th.

Seriously though, I really like this game. I'm just done. Even when I feel like raiding, there probably aren't enough guild members to do it, even on normal raiding days.

I hope they keep the content coming. I've really enjoyed everything so far, but 1.2 is a month or two of content at the most, and probably closer to a few weeks.

Edited by jmdatcs

1.2 is a month or two of content at the most, and probably closer to a few weeks.

So play it until you are bored and then stop until new content comes out.

I honestly fail to see the problem here. People seem to want SWTOR to take up 23 hours of their day every day of the week, and I get why, but really? Can't we just log in and play the new content, then log out and do something else? Do we all have to have only one game that we play every waking moment of our lives?

A metric S**t Ton ???? are you kidding me?

Curious as to how you're weighing this.

I have 3 50's Don't really care about leveling any more. at this time.

Space slug is consistently pushing a whopping 50 people on the fleet at peak hrs.

Where the eff are server xfers ?

Most of my guild doesn't pvp - they would rather play another game with more raid content. something that has more of 4 hrs of raiding per week.

Thanks Bioware/EA !

Remember there is the open world boss as well, so really its 5 bosses so far for this tier. They knew they were going to do 5 bosses and they made the decisions to add the fifth boss as an open world boss rather than have him in the operation.