'The' PvP-DPS Build

Cempa

Though the class may not be in a good place right now I'd like to hear what others have to say about the DPS hybrid..

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZfoMrdRMfMzZf0cRsbz.3

0/28/18

Solid mana

Solid control

Wrath + Lightning Strike = Chain Lightning proc = Root+Snare

Electric Binding to save your life

15% less DoT I find a must because I tend to die from DoT's ...

I want Death Mark really bad so Bioware lower Electric Binding please...

Edited by Cempa

I was literally getting ready to post my spec, which is almost identical to this. However the 7.5% reduction to dot damage would be better placed into critical damage of TK wave and Disturbance. Otherwise this is the spec I play for pvp and will swear by it as a hands down top notch one to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the CL/DF combo is fairly common, I have seen both variations with Madness heavy (grabbing Death Mark and Creeping Death) as well as the version you propose (obviously with various damage/survivability options such as WP increase over DoT damage decrease etc.).

The biggest 'issue' comes from using your LS correctly but all you have to do is have an idea of when the 10s proc lockout has expired (which you can time by looking at DF's cd).

I was literally getting ready to post my spec, which is almost identical to this. However the 7.5% reduction to dot damage would be better placed into critical damage of TK wave and Disturbance. Otherwise this is the spec I play for pvp and will swear by it as a hands down top notch one to play.

Yeah, you really can't lose that 25% extra crit damage bonus from TK.

I still think 30/16 (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZfoMrdRrcRMZcMcRs0z.3) is the best DPS PvP spec. I see you take the 2% damage reduction, and +2s interrupt lockout, but imo these points are better spent in Conduction and Chaos Nexus if you really want to put out as much dmg as possible.

I guess if you feel you need all those defensives, then maybe yours works better for you, but perhaps you need to mind your positioning if you're having survivability problems, since your spec sacrifices some considerable damage for defense.

Im absolutely destroying as full balance but I'll check this out...

Full Balance/Madness hurts for sure but go toe to toe with a hybrid and you will lose...Use Lightning Strike and you will run our of force in 120sec. Be in one of those fights over a door or objective that last more than 3 minutes and you will be dry, what can you do as full balance when you get focused? A sin/operative jump you and then a warrior charges you?

Hybrid will blind and run...they catch you root for 5 sec...

Edited by Cempa

weaken mind, TK throw till mind crush proc(cast mind crush), TK Throw till disturbance proc(cast disturbance), tele wave upon proc. So you just drop weaken mind and cast tk throw till you get whatever proc pops then cast that. Mind crush before disturbance. Hope that helps im sure someone else can explain it better. Edited by Mischie

I'd advise getting the Shadow Stalker set bonus for a hybrid spec. Also, you should be interrupting TKT to use insta-Disturbance, as there's no proc limit. Once you've got full augmented Conq, and a bit of Obroan, you should typically find your insta-Disturbances critting for 7-8k, and TK Waves critting for 7.5-8.5k on a Sage. Edited by Methanos