Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Isn't it funny how their appears to be more gold spammers then before?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Isn't it funny how their appears to be more gold spammers then before?

Banthabreeder
09.19.2020 , 01:26 PM | #1
I've noticed in General Chat, as well, my mailbox a ton of more gold spamming going on. Right after Bioware announces how well a job they did toning it down.

I'll just keep reporting them (which seems to be the equivalent of throwing a piece of trash away) and adding them to my ignore list, which is already full, so I'll have to make room for the newest gold spammers.

Honestly, can't understand why Bioware doesn't have someone log on to the game daily, at random times, just for an hour or hell, a half hour and when they see the spammers advertising, ban them right that second. It's not that hard. Hell, people have volunteered to do it for free.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

DarkTergon
09.19.2020 , 01:34 PM | #2
I've gotten one mail, and seen zero gold spammers what server are you on? Still seeing a few ref spammers, but that's it
They are so busy being non conformists, they are actually becoming more of a conformist , than conformists are {stupid is a hard barrier}
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

fishpeople
09.19.2020 , 01:47 PM | #3
They'll hopefully go quiet soon.

Toraak
09.19.2020 , 01:48 PM | #4
I've seen Gold sellers sending in game mail as well on both SF and SS.

The sellers spamming on the starter worlds has disappeared at least from what I've seen.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

TrixxieTriss
09.19.2020 , 08:37 PM | #5
That’s what happens when you add a new credit sink or wanted item into the game that’s going to cost a fortune.
Aka, new augments coming will easily be 100mil each.

TexasMarine
09.19.2020 , 09:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
That’s what happens when you add a new credit sink or wanted item into the game that’s going to cost a fortune.
Aka, new augments coming will easily be 100mil each.
considering the effort required to get the mats...I can see it, especially when PVE players are forced into PVP and vice-versa

Nmyownworld
09.19.2020 , 11:36 PM | #7
I've noticed the return of the gold spammers in gen chat for the past two weeks or so. I figured either BW stopped whatever they did did before, or the gold spammers found a way to get around BW's efforts. I've seen the gold spammers back on starter worlds and Fleet, and I'm back to getting some gold spammer ingame mail. Not at the rate they were before on starter worlds, where gold spam dominated gen chat, but they are back. I've seen this on both NA servers.

Banthabreeder
09.20.2020 , 02:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
I've gotten one mail, and seen zero gold spammers what server are you on? Still seeing a few ref spammers, but that's it
I'm on Satele Shan.

What's worse is you report and ignore them on one character. Then log onto another character and have to do it all over again.

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE LEGACY IGNORE?

I know there introducing a new feature that ignores all the accounts attached to the one particular spammer and I think they're calling it Legacy ignore but that's not what we want. We want to be able to ignore once and have that ignore apply to all our characters.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

DarkTergon
09.20.2020 , 05:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
I'm on Satele Shan.

What's worse is you report and ignore them on one character. Then log onto another character and have to do it all over again.

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE LEGACY IGNORE?

I know there introducing a new feature that ignores all the accounts attached to the one particular spammer and I think they're calling it Legacy ignore but that's not what we want. We want to be able to ignore once and have that ignore apply to all our characters.
they've just said legacy ignore, but we have asked if it's legacy to legacy ignore....if that makes sense, ie all your legacy ignores that legacy. Not sure if that has been answered yet
They are so busy being non conformists, they are actually becoming more of a conformist , than conformists are {stupid is a hard barrier}
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ