Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let us kill Koth. (some Dark side spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Let us kill Koth. (some Dark side spoilers)

Brinator
06.04.2016 , 03:01 AM | #1
Title says it all. He practically begs any DS character to kill him with lines like "Let me guess who you think this ship belongs to..." and trying to steal the Gravestone when he throws his little temper tantrum! No way a Wrath or Nox would let that slide. With the option to kill Kailyo and Jorgan on the table... PLEASE let us kill the idiot who sums up everything lame.

Aryalandi
06.04.2016 , 04:10 AM | #2
I can definitely see killing Koth over the whole trying to steal the gravestone thing, I am actually amazed over how forgiving Lana is over that particular note. He pretty much just stabbed the entire alliance in the back and would have essentially condemned everyone there to death had he not failed, even a not totally darkside character may take up a "you are officially too stupid to live." stance over that.

I have never personally had an issue with any of the characters.. but the way he pretty much dismisses my lightside warriors hatred of someone /who ate a planet!/ because he "was good to Zakuul" was an immediate red flag as far as personality quirks go.

Maybe Lana and I should have added "He possessed people and had them gleefully terrorize the few lucky souls that escaped and /then/ ate them." Though I kind of doubt it would have made a difference since Ziost was not Zakuul and was therefore not important. All of my lightside characters push for unity among the members of the alliance, my less than kind characters though would likely end up killing Koth the moment he suggested that the emperor was good for /anyone/ when it wasn't a part of his game.

You would really think that people would question why Arcann and Vaylin are so twisted when their father is supposed to be this "big good creator of paradise" figure, it certainly wasn't the justice hardliner/by-the-book cop Senyas fault, and they certainly didn't wind up that way on their own.

GetPloughed
06.04.2016 , 07:52 AM | #3
I'm surprised they let this sit as long as they have.

I guess it'll be chapter 16 before we are finally given the option to at least confront him about this. Making this particular point go in to season 2, would just be poor handling of the story.

Darth_Advent
06.04.2016 , 08:00 AM | #4
Koth has got to be some writer's pet character.
May the Force serve you well.

casirabit
06.04.2016 , 08:30 AM | #5
My assassin didn't have a problem with the comment about the ship when they repaired it. She actually thought it was kind of cute that Koth thought he owned it but she did have a problem with him trying to steal it. Regarding killing him, na I don't think is my assassin's idea of dealing with Koth. I think a little torture is more in line with him trying to steal the gravestone.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

YoshiRaphElan
06.04.2016 , 10:44 AM | #6
Haven't done a dark side character yet; I know he goes AWOL in Chapter 10 given the right circumstances, but has he made any kind of return yet in the DS story? I'm seeing Koth's involvement as the biggest difference between the DS and LS options now (along with Jorgan/Kaliyo's future involvement...or lack thereof).

Teriaon
06.04.2016 , 03:21 PM | #7
I doubt they will let us kill him to be honest, I am sure they think he is essential to the story, and even then I was compleatly supprised that we even had a choice to kill any companions, since in the past we simply had to pick up all the comps and just live with them or ignore them as best we could

BlueShiftRecall
06.04.2016 , 04:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Haven't done a dark side character yet; I know he goes AWOL in Chapter 10 given the right circumstances, but has he made any kind of return yet in the DS story? I'm seeing Koth's involvement as the biggest difference between the DS and LS options now (along with Jorgan/Kaliyo's future involvement...or lack thereof).
From what I remember the only time it's brought up (if he leaves) is a letter from Lana about him after he left and a scene in the following chapter with Tora saying that unlike Koth she'll stick with me but nothing about him in person I don't think, though I might have forgotten so if I have someone else remind me

If he does come back in chp 15/16 (which I think he will) I really hope our characters get to kill him. My imp main a DS sorc has been pretty lenient throughout KOTFE knowing what he requires to defeat Arcann and the Eternal Fleet, however what Koth did trying to steal the Gravestone was the last straw with him and means if my Sorc ever see's Koth again he's a dead man (deep fried Koth anyone?). That's what I would like to do but I do think as someone else mentioned Koth (like Lana to I believe) is one of the writers pets which means he's going to have a DEV shield so we can't kill him...he'll have some magic, "get out of jail free card" if/when he turns up in the last chapters.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) , More Miraluka Masks and Pink Togruta's

JLazarillo
06.04.2016 , 06:46 PM | #9
You can kill Koth if I can kill Vailyn.

Costello
06.04.2016 , 06:57 PM | #10
Since Koth had the option to leave his involvement in the story has been minimal at best. I think he may have had two lines neither of which do anything other than support what someone else has already said, so I completely meaningless.

It demonstrates how little the choice maters in so far as the story, and likely means anyone you could kill or get rid of will be written out of the story. So it makes sense to have you kill him, rather than lurking about. It seems if you have a choice to kill someone, take it or don't they wont be appearing much in the future so you don't lose anything by killing them.