Dash'Roode Bug

Laughard

While playing SnVHM 8Man, and fighting Dash'Roode, I got lost in the Sandstorm two times in a row, and it happened on multiple attempts. How is anyone supposed to fight this? My Shadow DPS has nearly 34k health, but with the cool-down of the Personal Environmental Shield, the environmental damage stacks and kills me on the second time getting lost.

For reference, I am playing on Jedi Covenant, and it happened Tuesday night, multiple times.

• Dev Post

This is an interesting thing to see, indeed. As long as you don't leave combat (via death or ability), it is not intended that a player is sent to the Sandstorm twice in a row. We will be keeping an eye on this thread and investigate to get to the bottom of it, so please keep the details and information coming.

It does seem like certain people have the tendency to be picked more than others. Since the operation has opened, there is one player on our team that almost always gets picked twice in a row, while this never happens to anyone else.

Do you find that this is consistent in any way? It could be an Advanced Class, or more general to a species, gender, etc, or even more specific to an ability, Skill Tree, etc.

This has happened to several people on our team as well. Not very frequent, but it's happened.

If you stealth out in any fashion you will be RNG capable of getting this again.

MDPS Assassin got it twice in a row. (I think he used Force Camo)

I got it twice in a row ONCE when I used Stealth on my OP Healer.

We really should have a SHORTER CD timer on the BUBBLE.

Why wouldn't there be a grace period on the mechanic anyway for both sins and ops there stealth is there threat drop and for sins it resets cd's also, so why wouldn't it be set up so that if your in stealth you have a certain amount of time to get back into the fight before your eligible to be sent into the sandstorm again, this would help prevent the issue for sins and ops anyway.

the moment you leave combat by ANY means, you have a much higher chance to trigger it again as the game takes it to mean you've never been sent out during the combat. Do not ever drop out. It should not be at all necessary.

barring players who leave combat, there are rare occasions that someone gets sent out twice but ever since that fix previously, it is quite rare and far between.

We had this Sunday night too. I know the first time it happened that our shadow dps vanished out of the first "being lost" phase and ran back to the group. The very next lost phase he got ported again. We also noticed that the personal shield generators were making the graphic of the shield look as if they were not on CD. When you hovered over the item on the quick bar it would not show a countdown either.

This has been happening every week to our scoundrel healer, Pocketheals. She always ends up dieing and we have to survive with just one healer. Her toon is female but I'm unsure on her species, it may be human.

It's the exact same for our group, the scoundrel is always picked twice or up to three times, while every DD just has to handle one pick.

Well as I stated in the OP, I didn't use my Force Cloak, just my DCD and speed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there'd be no need to aggro dump from the womprats? They're just going to beeline for you and the group anyways, if you stealth out.

That being said, shouldn't Shadows be able to use their only effective aggro dump on the boss, without marking themselves for nearly insta-death on the next Sandstorm go around? A Trooper can use Diversion to decrease his threat without threat of being lost twice. Seems a bit unbalanced to me. (Sorry, I know that's a dirty word)

Granted, a good set of tanks should hold the bosses aggro, but hey, stuff happens...

And for reference, I am an Infiltration Shadow/ Female Miraluka

Edited by Laughard

it was happening to my team since s&v first came out...

never got fixed...

it goes random... on anyone... last week it was on scoundrels... week before that saw shadow having problem with it...

not to mention that you get 2 healer's or 2 tanks lost in the same time (though i didnt see 2 tanks lost lately).

one of more dreaded luck department bosses :(

Just to add my voice to the chorus: this happens when you leave combat after having already been lost. Thus, shadow/assassin and scoundrel/operative DPS are affected and have to adjust their rotation following being lost (to avoid combat stealth). Scoundrel/operative healers also need to avoid stealthing, though this is somewhat easier for them than for their DPS counterparts.

It can also happen if you are battle rezed after having been lost.

Note that something similar happens on the first phase of Olok, where you can get a coin twice in the same fight if you stealth out in the interim. This of course isn't a problem, but it's almost certainly a symptom of the same underlying flaw in the mechanic.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

This has happened to our Operative healer on every S/V HM run weve done for the last three weeks, and it is always the 2nd and third sandstorms. Fi'onna's pretty frickin amazing, so shes always managed to make it back on the second "lost" but its still kind of noticeable and annoying.

Do you find that this is consistent in any way? It could be an Advanced Class, or more general to a species, gender, etc, or even more specific to an ability, Skill Tree, etc.

The person that always gets picked is a female Chiss Operative healer.

I'm not sure whether he vanishes while running or not, I'll ask about it. Honestly I always figured this was working as intended, I didn't know this wasn't supposed to happen.

• Dev Post

Hello there folks,

We are still looking into this and appreciate your assistance by providing details regarding the characters that this happens to as well as details around the encounter when it happened. When posting, please be sure that you're posting as much information as possible, rather than only adding that something happened to you. I gave a few things to consider in my post above, but I want to explicitly call out for the following if this happens to you or someone in your group:

1. What Advanced Class experienced the issue?

2. Where where they standing when it happened?

3. Are they the Operations Group Leader?

4. At what point in the encounter did it happen? (Was it right after he walked the first time, for instance?)

5. What mode were you playing?

6. Did it happen to anyone else in the group?

Also, please keep in mind that we will generally only post in a bug report thread to request specific or provide new information. It all boils down to what's posted in the Bug Report Forum Guidelines, and we won't always make it back into a thread where we've posted before.

Thank you again! I'm looking forward to following this thread for further details about what you're seeing here.