Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why Do Female Characters Have Such Revealing Clothes?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why Do Female Characters Have Such Revealing Clothes?

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
06.17.2017 , 02:06 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by josephxp View Post
Um he in no way personally attacked you he just said a statement which disagrees with your arguing point
As I stated in 2 later posts I admit that was a poor choice of words while trying to convey a completely different message.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

denavin's Avatar


denavin
06.17.2017 , 04:23 PM | #122
If I understant this thread right...

The OP wants different versions of armor, some more risque, some more reserved in how much virtual skin they show.

Did I get that right?

Its a fine idea, its just that even though this is a fantasy game, it is truly a fantasy to want armor sets to have 2 views based on personal preference.

Example; you go into a store. You see an outfit you want, but its is too revealing. Now you can walk away and look for something else or you can purchase the outfit as is, wear it and be unhappy or you can later have it changed to fit your preferences (don't expect that to happen either, the programing challenge would be over whelming). But in NO WAY will the store ever have 2 versions of ANYTHING just to please anybody. The same applies here too.

My suggestion to you is simple, If you don't like the amount of virtual skin the outfit shows, then you don't buy it. Logic dictates that; If you do not like the amount of virtual skin that is revealed, you can not say

" I like the outfit but...".

You either like it for what it is and how it looks or you do not.

Then since you do not like the outfit for what ever reason, the logical choice would be to move on and choose another outfit that you do like, and not to complain that you like the outfit but dislike the design of the outfit but want the designer to create 2 versions and change the outfit just so that some people who now dislike it, would otherwise like it. <-- I know that statement does not make sence but that is what your are asking for....

In reality though, do not expect BW or anybody else to create a special version just to please anybody. Designers will create ONE version and only one version and you will either like it and buy it, or you will not and will look for something that suits your personality and taste.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
06.17.2017 , 04:40 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
Example; you go into a store. You see an outfit you want, but its is too revealing. Now you can walk away and look for something else or you can purchase the outfit as is, wear it and be unhappy or you can later have it changed to fit your preferences (don't expect that to happen either, the programing challenge would be over whelming). But in NO WAY will the store ever have 2 versions of ANYTHING just to please anybody. The same applies here too.
First of all this situation is not very applicable to real life. Because if I see a great item in a store but I find something about it to be lacking, I can buy it and later modify it myself to make it look just the way I want it to be. I have done so with multiple clothes in the past The same can't be done ingame as there is only one design released, in that you are correct. I would however have no complaints if that design looked exactly the same for male and female charactes. A lot of outfits do have similar designs which is great and I have no complaints about them. Yet a lot of the modable items that you can obtain ingame without the CM make a difference between male and female by default. Males are all covered up, females suddenly are revealing and showing off their bellybuttons etc. Nothing against it of course, if you like it more power to you. But my issue is exactly that, that there is made a difference between the two genders. In my opinion, which judging from the comments here is shared, both genders should have had the option to have each, one revealing and one unrevealing. Women don't need to be oversexualized.

Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
My suggestion to you is simple, If you don't like the amount of virtual skin the outfit shows, then you don't buy it. Logic dictates that; If you do not like the amount of virtual skin that is revealed, you can not say

" I like the outfit but...".

You either like it for what it is and how it looks or you do not.
Now that is dealing in absolutes like Anakin did :P you can like something and still think it could be improved and then try to share that opinion with others and possibly the creators of that outfit. Basically, I could be wrong, what you are saying is I can't say anything if I like something but would want to see it improved. Now here I disagree because people always have a right to express their opinion (within the bounds of reason and decency of course). I am merely suggesting an improvement so that player choice in even such a small thing as outfit options could be increased.

Which is currently baffling me, because I have seen So. Many. Threads. here on these forums about people complaining how little choice we have and that Bioware doesn't give us options. The amount of those threads is countless and then when someone does try to advocate for more choices, suddenly it's all wrong and "we don't need more choices". Please, can someone explain this to me? Is it simply that you won't be able to please everyone? I try to understand why people keep crying for more choices in the game and when people try to bring this to the attention to the devs it suddenly is a 180 degrees turn :P

Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
In reality though, do not expect BW or anybody else to create a special version just to please anybody. Designers will create ONE version and only one version and you will either like it and buy it, or you will not and will look for something that suits your personality and taste.
And here I will stop you, as I have a prime example of that it does happen remember the new hairstyles that were released and the slick backcombed hairstyle with those two weird ponytails in the back? People complained and what did Bioware do? They added two choices regarding that hairstyle (after the initial release), one with the ponytails and one without. So the Devs are willing to listen if you bring it to their attention. If you don't, then how can they know there are people wanting this or that in the game, which is the main purpose of what I seek to achieve with this thread; bring it to the attention of the Devs.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
06.18.2017 , 01:56 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by G-Girl View Post
My problem with a lot of the female armour is that it just doesn't seem to be designed for a woman to wear. Either it's a duplicate of the male armour or it has the lower half of the chest armour removed. Neither seem to be actually cut the way clothes for women are styled in the real world. And then there's the outfits that are bare chest for men, where the female version gets a **** band. I mean it doesn't even look like a bikini top or anything, it's just a strip of colour. If they are going to make so lazy about it, why even produce a female version?*

I like to play some characters as extrovert, others as conservative. But whether they are showing some skin, or armoured from the neck down, I'd like some style to it.

It would also be nice if anything remotely revealing wasn't only available very expensively on the GTN.


*Answer: because even something so half-assed sells.
I find myself agreeing with a lot that you say. I don't recall the names of the sets that have that chest band on women that you talk about but it is very nuch true. Even if they added something in the form of a little top would have been better instead of a sole band.

And true, a lot of the stuff that is revealing sells for incredibly high prices on the GTN but I will admit that has to do with the supply and demand between players and there is little Bioware can do about that
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!