Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lana beinko romance bug/problem - clicked wrong option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Lana beinko romance bug/problem - clicked wrong option

methix
06.16.2017 , 05:11 PM | #1
Okay so I romanced lana ever since she was available through all expansions always click flirt option and when it came up to the chapter 9 of the alliance on odessen base i clicked an option to talk to someone privately as the Flirt option there looked like it was saying to flirt with koth... which i don't want to do so clicked the other option and now it seems i cant romance lana anymore can this be fixed later on somewhere an option to start it again the romance with Lana and lock it in or am i screwed i tried replaying chapters but it can't change what u already didi restarted chapter 9 multiple times but the option to flirt is no longer here. im currently up to chapter 11 is there anything i can do? or can i fix it later on? this is my main

methix
06.16.2017 , 10:50 PM | #2
Anyone

americanaussie
06.17.2017 , 12:23 AM | #3
You can try replaying from CH 1. No guarantees.
Want some cool freebies and 7 days sub - just click here

Jagaimee
06.17.2017 , 12:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by americanaussie View Post
You can try replaying from CH 1. No guarantees.
*On Veteran mode. Evidently that has worked for some people, but again, it's not a guarantee.
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

americanaussie
06.17.2017 , 12:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
*On Veteran mode. Evidently that has worked for some people, but again, it's not a guarantee.
Yep. Heard this too. I've heard mumblings that this works but I have not done it myself and therefore cannot tell you it's a surefire way. I can tell you that CS is not helpful with this issue. They can't fix it, it requires hard coding which they're unable to do. I asked when I realised I couldn't select a romance for my token 65 character.
Want some cool freebies and 7 days sub - just click here

methix
06.17.2017 , 01:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by americanaussie View Post
Yep. Heard this too. I've heard mumblings that this works but I have not done it myself and therefore cannot tell you it's a surefire way. I can tell you that CS is not helpful with this issue. They can't fix it, it requires hard-coding which they're unable to do. I asked when I realized I couldn't select a romance for my token 65 character.
I already started from chapter 1 and went to go through them in order. but after I finish each chapter it again I just end up back on odd even base again then I have to start next chapter then end up on odessen base again.. so i need to do this on Veteran mode then it will continue after each chapter like the first time I played through and the flirt option will be there again?

methix
06.17.2017 , 02:02 AM | #7
Welp veteran mode is a no go I can't even get past first guy keep dying .. looks like this game is over for me now. I wasted 2 years playing this character and building up a romance with Lana all for nothing wasted.... cause of stupid Bioware putting a flirt option in a dialogue where it does not state what exactly it will do or with what character it will do it with... and the camera was on koth....and I thought it meant to flirt with him which i didn't want to do so i selected other option and ruined the game for me.

There is nothing after chapter 9 to start the romance with lana again at all??

SteveTheCynic
06.17.2017 , 03:21 AM | #8
Did you actually complete the chapter? If you pressed Esc during the conversation or just plain didn't go looking for Senya after, you didn't finish the chapter, and you might be able to salvage it. If not, you're out of luck.

That conversation is badly scripted, although people usually think that option 2 means you want to flirt with Theron (not Koth) before having the private conversation. People have been complaining about this since those chapters were released in October 2015.

Advice for the future: start-at-high-level tokens are useful for poking new content to see if it bites you. I made the same mistake as you, but I did it on a freebie token character.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.