Bioware, why is iRATED lvl Gearing Drops STILL BUGGED IN PVP.

TrixxieTriss

To this day, gearing in pvp since 6.0 has been bugged with the iRating.

ALL OF MY CLASSES HAVE IRATED 306. SO WHY DO I STILL GET 298 RATED DROPS FROM PVP.?

This does not happen ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE GAME.

Gearing in pvp is already painful because of lower amount of gear drops and less tech frags. This bug only exacerbates the problem.

From day one of 6.0 the pvp community has had the rough end of this gearing system.

1. A hell of a lot less gear drops than other content of equal time and effort spent

2. Less tech frag drop from PvP content

3. Gear that drops doesn’t respect your iRating you ha e equiped.

Bioware, it’s time you fixed this ridiculous situation of gear drops in pvp being 6-10 levels lower than your iRating. This doesn’t happen anywhere else in the game and I dare say if it was happening in operations you would hav head a massive exodus of the raid community. Which is exactly what’s been happening with the pvp community since 6.0 dropped.

If you increase the amount if gear that drops to make it on par with running flash points over and over. At least make damn sure the IRating is correct from the gear that drops.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Probably for the same reason that it happens elsewhere in the game. I have had bosses in FPs drop nothing but 298s. I have had FP runs where more than half of the gear I get is 298s. I've had FP runs where I only received one or two pieces that are over 302. All within the last two weeks. And I'm in full 306. I recently, just this week actually, decided that I was better off running Onderon for the daily and weekly crates because I don't think I have ever received anything lower than 302 from those (or renown crates), now that I'm in 306, whereas FPs can have good drops where 50%+ is 304-306, bad drops where 50%+ is 298, and "why both" drops where 80%+ is 298. This is definitely happening in places other than just PVP.

As to why it happens, well, I remember seeing threads about this issue before (Nov/Dec time frame, and I think one or two started by you), and BW hasn't done anything about it, so I assume this is their intended level range for gear drops when at irating 306. Does it suck? Absolutely. For most of the journey to 306 the range seems to be +2/-4, but as soon as you hit 306 it seems to drop to +0/-6.

Probably for the same reason that it happens elsewhere in the game. I have had bosses in FPs drop nothing but 298s. I have had FP runs where more than half of the gear I get is 298s. I've had FP runs where I only received one or two pieces that are over 302. All within the last two weeks. And I'm in full 306. I recently, just this week actually, decided that I was better off running Onderon for the daily and weekly crates because I don't think I have ever received anything lower than 302 from those (or renown crates), now that I'm in 306, whereas FPs can have good drops where 50%+ is 304-306, bad drops where 50%+ is 298, and "why both" drops where 80%+ is 298. This is definitely happening in places other than just PVP.

As to why it happens, well, I remember seeing threads about this issue before (Nov/Dec time frame, and I think one or two started by you), and BW hasn't done anything about it, so I assume this is their intended level range for gear drops when at irating 306. Does it suck? Absolutely. For most of the journey to 306 the range seems to be +2/-4, but as soon as you hit 306 it seems to drop to +0/-6.

I’ve literally never had that happen in flash points drops, renown crates or conquest since February when they seemed to have fixed it for the rest of the game. The lowest gear I get in any other part of the game is 302. While the lowest I regularly get in pvp is 294.

Ditto.

For the first time since I ever played the game.. I have three characters that are full 306 (and a few scattered augs). I've ran SEVERAL FP's where not only the drops were 298 - 302 … but even the crate with the rewards for the 50K CQ's had 302- 304 stuff... LOTS of it. IMO … it's not just PvP. More like the RNG thing all over again. Those drops (and yes even weekly rewards) can and will include a lot of "stuff" that we send to the "shredder" for points to buy stuff with later on.

Edited by OlBuzzard

i have a knight, jugg, trooper, Merc, shadow, assassin, inq, sniper, smuggler....all in full 306 and i get anywhere from 300-306 drops. To get that, i have run a literal tonne of FPs over the last two months and the majority, now are 300-306 with the upper end being the norm (302-304) of non 306 pieces dropped. i also have three cargo bays full of gear to outfit another 7 toons if i had that many.

If PVP is not matching that drop rate, then something needs to be done about it quickly.

Ditto.

For the first time since I ever played the game.. I have three characters that are full 306 (and a few scattered augs). I've ran SEVERAL FP's where not only the drops were 298 - 302 … but even the crate with the rewards for the 50K CQ's had 302- 304 stuff... LOTS of it. IMO … it's not just PvP. More like the RNG thing all over again. Those drops (and yes even weekly rewards) can and will include a lot of "stuff" that we send to the "shredder" for points to buy stuff with later on.

That never happens to me outside of pvp

That never happens to me outside of pvp

Don't know what to tell you. All I can do is report the truth of what I get from running FP's / dailies / and Heroics.

I've been working this AM and part of the afternoon taking care of my mom and dad's place. BUT I can tell you that earlier this AM, after running a rather length FP … 1/2 were 298's … and 1/2 of the remaining half … 302's. I had only two items that were useable 306 items for one of my alts. (one 306 ear piece … the other a 306 legs. Both non modable.

Please note: Not complaining. I'll use the tech fragments later on to buy a set of matching gear for set bonus. I know … I'll eventually have to have enough mod pieces to work for each piece of the armor side.

But … IMO .. the PvP thing is not bugged. It's the norm for everyone.

Don't know what to tell you. All I can do is report the truth of what I get from running FP's / dailies / and Heroics.

I've been working this AM and part of the afternoon taking care of my mom and dad's place. BUT I can tell you that earlier this AM, after running a rather length FP … 1/2 were 298's … and 1/2 of the remaining half … 302's. I had only two items that were useable 306 items for one of my alts. (one 306 ear piece … the other a 306 legs. Both non modable.

Please note: Not complaining. I'll use the tech fragments later on to buy a set of matching gear for set bonus. I know … I'll eventually have to have enough mod pieces to work for each piece of the armor side.

But … IMO .. the PvP thing is not bugged. It's the norm for everyone.

Definitely not disputing your accounts, what we all experience is often different in this game :rolleyes:. I know up until around February I was still getting i298 stuff in flash points while being i306, but that was only in story mode and some veteran mode flash points, not in master mode flash points, (doesn’t happen in SM or Vet FPs for me anymore)

Where as this gear drop issue has been a problem in reg and ranked pvp from the start and still happens to this day.

One thing to consider is this should not be happening in ANY part of the game. If you read this yellow from musco, you see that he says you shouldn’t get the lower coloured tiers once you lvl up.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9765376#post9765376

Also, there has been some frustration around green gear dropping at all. Think of Onslaught gearing as one single tier (as if it was one of the tier bands in GC). When you first enter Onslaught you will be getting green drops. You will quickly get to an item rating where blue items start dropping and once that happens, you will no longer get green drops. This is true up through purple, etc. (for clarity I am referencing color instead of quality here).

-eric

It’s obvious that it’s not working as they describe. Sadly, it’s worse for pvpers because of the low amount of gear they get from playing the content.

Hopefully you can understand the anger and frustration from Pvpers when the vast majority of the gear that drops is well below their irating

Definitely not disputing your accounts, what we all experience is often different in this game :rolleyes:. I know up until around February I was still getting i298 stuff in flash points while being i306, but that was only in story mode and some veteran mode flash points, not in master mode flash points, (doesn’t happen in SM or Vet FPs for me anymore)

Where as this gear drop issue has been a problem in reg and ranked pvp from the start and still happens to this day.

One thing to consider is this should not be happening in ANY part of the game. If you read this yellow from musco, you see that he says you shouldn’t get the lower coloured tiers once you lvl up.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9765376#post9765376

It’s obvious that it’s not working as they describe. Sadly, it’s worse for pvpers because of the low amount of gear they get from playing the content.

Hopefully you can understand the anger and frustration from Pvpers when the vast majority of the gear that drops is well below their irating

… wasn't suggesting you were disputing … ( I know ya a little better than that) ..

Just wanted to make sure you knew that I was just presenting information. That's all. The rest is up to someone else a LOT further up the food chain than where I'm at. (A LOT further … ) :D

PS.. I've often said that (even though I'm not a part of the PvP game) … I have always supported the necessity to revitalize and add to that aspect of SWTOR. That has not changed.

Edited by OlBuzzard