Buyer's remorse

NorthernYahoo

Hello everyone,

I recently bought the stronghold on Rishi without visiting another one beforehand. I even bought upgrades for it. It cost me around 15 million EC.

I soon discovered it's little more than a dump with a garbage scow orbiting it. At least there's a beach... I am nonetheless deeply disappointed.

I came here to share my pain and receive your soothing words of sympathy.

Rishi definitely has a unique look and feel to it, but it definitely has potential. You really should go look at what some others have done with it. If you play on Star Forge mine is open to the public if you'd like to take a tour.

Hello everyone,

I recently bought the stronghold on Rishi without visiting another one beforehand. I even bought upgrades for it. It cost me around 15 million EC.

I soon discovered it's little more than a dump with a garbage scow orbiting it. At least there's a beach... I am nonetheless deeply disappointed.

I really love decorating, in spite of the frustrations of poor hook placement and decoration availability...but the only SH I do not own is Rishi and I don't much care for the Umbara train one if I'm honest.

So from my point of view you choose the worst one to start with lol. The advice I would give you is to go to the stronghold sections and visit some of the public listings of Strongholds. Then you can see what they look like before buying them.

Edited by Tsillah

Not much sympathy here. I bought the Alderaan SH and unlocked it all, even after having previewed it on the PTS. But after trying to do some decorating, I've completely abandoned it. It joins the Umbara trainwreck and Manaan as expensive ghost towns. 🙂

Luckily, I never bought Rishi. I never liked it from first viewing.

Btw, I also have Coruscant, D.K. and Nar Shadaa, which are also basically empty but I do visit them occasionally and use as cheap ways to travel to those planets. Yavin 4 holds my pet/mount collection.

I've spent many credits on empty strongholds. 🙂

Tatooine is the only SH I've actually fully decorated, and use (other than Yavin 4).

Edited by JediQuaker

I'm sorry about your experience. I can kinda relate. For me, the whole place is just too big. I don't enjoy decorating it and it is my only stronghold which is not fully decorated.

Tells me you didn't go to the ship that's there.

This is my guild's rishi stronghold carrier ship:

https://i.imgur.com/hfQnsDH.png

https://i.imgur.com/mDwcGmd.png

https://i.imgur.com/6n9yTGL.png

It's all what you do with it.

That's very nice, but imagine how great it would be if it wasn't on the inside of a garbage scow?

I mean I have the tattoine one and I equipped mine with a holo-arboretum that is very nice too.

BUt I kinda wanted the rishi one to be a resort-style beachfront but I really looks like a dump!

Rishi mainly works for what it is - a pirate shanty town with a beachside apartment and a carrier ship that works great as an underworld cantina. It's fine as long as you don't treat it as "your stronghold" but as a customizable ingame zone.

If that's not your thing, skip the strongly themed strongholds: Yavin (overgrown temple ruins... staging point, hideout or Sith ritual site), Alderaan (noble abode, jedi academy), and the train (hideout and maybe stage for train robbery RP?)

The other strongholds work well as either personal home or themepark (cantina, sith academy etc) with Tatooine being the most flexible, perfect for a large secluded stronghold or a desert-town and a cliffside home.

Edited by Mubrak

That's very nice, but imagine how great it would be if it wasn't on the inside of a garbage scow?

My fondest memories of be-there-or-miss-it gay raves in Atlanta were all in run-down warehouses in a run-down area of town. The garbage scow [You threw the first punch, Scotty?] as you call it is a step up from that. Time to go bohemian and make of it what you will.

Edited by xordevoreaux

My fondest memories of be-there-or-miss-it gay raves in Atlanta were all in run-down warehouses in a run-down area of town. The garbage scow [You through the first punch, Scotty?] as you call it is a step up from that. Time to go bohemian and make of it what you will.

ugh no, after-hours clubs yes, but no raves here...

I only go to my Rishi strong hold to pvp and use the bolster terminal. If we could pvp in other strong holds, I would probably never go there.

I would really like the same options for my Yavin Strong hold. It has so much more potential to pvp in..... Bioware.... Hint, hint

I bought the Rishi stronghold - and it looks like part of Rishi! Those lying, scurrilous, thieveing devs! How dare they foist such trash on us!

Then I bought the Alderaan stronghold - and it looks like part of Alderaan!! More scandalous misdirection and thievery! How dare they!!

I bought a lightsaber and the blade glows some wild color! This game is a total trash cash-grab!!!

:jawa_redface:

I mean I have the tattoine one and I equipped mine with a holo-arboretum that is very nice too.

BUt I kinda wanted the rishi one to be a resort-style beachfront but I really looks like a dump!

I bought the Rishi stronghold, and I wish I could sell it. It should have been set up like a Hawaiian paradise, but instead it's a scrap heap. I was so disappointed.

My main strongholds are my Name Shadda palace, and my Mannan resort. I have Rishi but it's only slightly more than basically decorated and unlocked.

But yea OP, it's all in what you do with em. Visit some fully unlocked places and get some ideas.

Tells me you didn't go to the ship that's there.

This is my guild's rishi stronghold carrier ship:

https://i.imgur.com/hfQnsDH.png

https://i.imgur.com/mDwcGmd.png

https://i.imgur.com/6n9yTGL.png

It's all what you do with it.

I'd love to see your carrier in game, I've not done anything with mine and something like this would be awesome

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

the only SH that i seem to be able to do anything with is the Tatooine SH. i have the two basic first two and Nar Shadda but all three remain empty. The rest are just too big or doesnt fit with what I can afford to decorate...mostly too big.

the Tat SH is just the right mix of "im too poor to really flesh out a rather large SH" and "just small enough to still feel cozy"

Hello everyone,

You didn't see it when it was on the PTS - it looked like the town dump! Fortunately they listened to and acted on our feedback and made lots of changes before it went live - it's much nicer now. Rishi was my favourite stronghold until the still-not-fixed-arrival-bug broke it, so mine is now unused but still fully decorated. Links to pics in my signature and it's publicly listed as "Mahiri's Pirate Roost" on Darth Malgus server if you want to visit.

the only SH that i seem to be able to do anything with is the Tatooine SH. i have the two basic first two and Nar Shadda but all three remain empty. The rest are just too big or doesnt fit with what I can afford to decorate...mostly too big.

the Tat SH is just the right mix of "im too poor to really flesh out a rather large SH" and "just small enough to still feel cozy"

My current favourite, (now that Rishi is broken) is Nar Shaddaa. I really hope they make another Nar Shaddaa size stronghold. Interesting that you were able to do something with Tatooine; I found it just too sprawling with really oddly positioned hooks outside so ended up clearing mine and leaving it empty.

Edited by Sarova