Allignment

AKATSUKIGAMR

It says you need 3000 light side points to reach light 1 but i have 3200 light side points and still says im neutral and i got it before i reached 3000 dark side points am i missing something?
How many dark side points do you have?

Your alignment is based on your total alignment "score", not simply how many dark or light points you have. Think of your light side points as "positive" and dark side points as "negative" and your alignment "score" as the combination of your light and dark points.

If you have 3000 light points, and 3000 dark points, yoru "score" would be zero (3000 plus negative 3000 = 0), or neutral alignment. To get to light 1 you need enough additional light points to offset however many dark side points you have.

And the only way to "get rid of" those dark side points and get to light 5 (if you're trying for that) is to get to 100000 light side points, and then any additional light points you earn will reduce your dark side points, until you hit 100000 light and 0 dark. (And if you should earn any dark points after that, your alignment would drop back to light 4, until you once again earned enough light side points to offset those dark side points).

Edited by Adric_the_Red

thank you that makes sense also i only gain dark side points passively from missions even tho i only make light side choices is there a way to stop this ?

Find your alignment toggle, it has the red dark side triangle and blue light side star, and click it to switch the toggle to light side.

Also, be aware that the Diplomacy mission skill still gives light or dark side points depending on the mission no matter what your alignment toggle is set to. I hate picking up stray dark side points so I have to be choosy about which missions I assign to my followers. Hovering over the light/dark icon in the top left corner of each mission description will tell you its light/dark point breakdown. Edited by Automnal
typo