Crit on Crafting 236 Augments off?

Machievelli

I am not sure if crits on crafting the new augments is off, or if the RNG just really hates me lately. I haven't seen one crit since the first few days they were released. I am at over 20 augments crafted without one crit. This is using different crew persons (at 50 rep), on different toons, in different crafting professions. Regular crafting and missions seem the same. Anyone else having this issue or am I just on an incredible run of bad luck?

I crafted five over the weekend got two crits using only a rep 44 companion.

Even with a rank 50 comp (and legacy of crafting 3) you still have a better chance of not critting 52% than critting 48%. MANY times - too many enumerate - I have sent a rank 50 companion crafting five of something and gotten no crits. It happens

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently done a few round a crafting for a few characters. There definitely seems to be some nerfage to critical successes. 246 armors, mods, enhancements crit rate was pathetic. The new augments, beyond pathetic. I highly suspect nerfage by the developers. Probably to reign in crafting income.

-Ashur

I've recently done a few round a crafting for a few characters. There definitely seems to be some nerfage to critical successes. 246 armors, mods, enhancements crit rate was pathetic. The new augments, beyond pathetic. I highly suspect nerfage by the developers. Probably to reign in crafting income.

-Ashur

Which is more likely...

Developers that don't have the time to create new content, fix real bugs, or plug exploits in less than weeks to months somehow found the time to change crit RNG just to reign in crafting income...

OR

... you just had a string of bad luck and / or are suffering from a form of observer bias?

This past week I had a string of bad luck... AND a burst of good luck.

Using a rank 50 companion on my CT, I crafted rating 228, 5 lethal, 5 warding B and 5 adept mods and enhancements...I got zero crits in 15 craftings. The odds of this happening is roughly 1 in 20,000 (.52^15 or 0.0000549

Then on my armstech using a rank 50 and a rank 44, I crafted rating 228 augments...overkill and accuracy respectively, 5 of each I ended up with 18...9 overkill and 9 accuracy.

Is the system broken? No. It is working as intended. I used to have this link in my signature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpvE0Co66nU...Probability 101. Watch it and then ask the question is the system broken?

• 1 month later...

All right, I'm calling shenanigans!

I've had abysmal luck crafting for the last couple of weeks. I started tracking my crafts. Now these are the 246 modifications and the 236 augments. This is a sample of the last few days:

02/14/2018:

5x crafts Adapt Implant 246 = 5 units

1x craft Quick Savant Implant 246 = 1 unit

1x craft Critical Augment 238 = 1 unit

1x craft Adept Ear 246 = 1 unit

1x craft Quick Savant Ear = 1 unit

02/16/2018:

3x crafts Adept Implant 246 = 3 units

2x crafts Quick Savant Implants= 2 units

2x crafts Adept Ear 246= 2 units

02/17/2018:

8x crafts Quick Savant Implant= 8 units

Not one critical success yielding double units. Something isn't right....

-Ashur

All right, I'm calling shenanigans!

I've had abysmal luck crafting for the last couple of weeks. I started tracking my crafts. Now these are the 246 modifications and the 236 augments. This is a sample of the last few days:

02/14/2018:

5x crafts Adapt Implant 246 = 5 units

1x craft Quick Savant Implant 246 = 1 unit

1x craft Adept Ear 246 = 1 unit

1x craft Quick Savant Ear = 1 unit

02/16/2018:

3x crafts Adept Implant 246 = 3 units

2x crafts Quick Savant Implants= 2 units

2x crafts Adept Ear 246= 2 units

02/17/2018:

8x crafts Quick Savant Implant= 8 units

Not one critical success yielding double units. Something isn't right....

-Ashur

only the two augments would be doubled if the crafting cits...

all the other things you crafted will have an augmentation kit already built in when they crit

only the two augments would be doubled if the crafting cits...

all the other things you crafted will have an augmentation kit already built in when they crit

To clarify:

Item modifications (barrels, hilts, armorings, mods, enhancements, augments, augmentation slot kits, color crystals, and dye modules), components (Cell Grafts, Assembly Components, Bonded Attachments), and consumables (grenades, stims, adrenals, medpaks), produce ONE extra unit on a crit. For everything but consumables this effectively doubles the output (normally yield 1 you get 2) For stims it is a 25% increase in output (normally yield 4 you get 5), for all other consumables it is a 16.667% increase in output (normally yield 6 you get 7).

For "gear"/"equipment" (i.e. items that fit into one of the 14 equipment slots on the character sheet: ear, implant, relic, etc) on a crit you get a level appropriate augmentation slot added automatically. So check all those 246 ear and implants and look for augment slots that you did not have to add. THAT'S your critical success.

As Opiklo points out, everything you have crafted except the two augments falls into the latter category.

Thanks, feel kinda dumb now. You all are correct and thank you for bringing it to my attention. Im used to crafting 246 hilts, barrels, mods armors and enhanchements. They did double crit. I just started pressing the ears, implants and relics. Totally forgot about their different status.

On a positive note, i crafted 3x 236 super alacrity augments right after my post and got 2x doubles for 5 total augments.

Thanks for re-educating me

Ashur