Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the best laser swords class and pew pew class for the DPS?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles

Letsjet
02.20.2018 , 10:56 AM | #1
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

KendraP
02.20.2018 , 11:59 AM | #2
Best for what exactly? Objectively/numbers wise probably mara and sniper.

That said my favorite is guardian and thereby it's the best for me.

Mubrak
02.20.2018 , 12:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Letsjet View Post
Best is relative, and leaderboards can be misleading. If you are new or rusty, you will do a lot more damage with an easy rotation or priority system than with a complicated rotation that has the potential to do far superior damage.

Then it depends on the fight what is the best. If you can't do damage while moving or not in melee range, red circles may cause your actual dps to drop below specs that theoretically do far less damage than yours.

That said, the "best" glowstick user is Mara for sure. (if you dig the class, which I certainly don't). The "best" ranged specs would be Virulence/Engineering sniper, and the "best" melee gunners would be AP Powertech (burst) and Lethality Operative (sustained)
6.0: Do not add that gaudy flashing icon above every vendor's head without an option to turn it off.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

Letsjet
02.20.2018 , 12:32 PM | #4
I have a 60 Mara, sniper, merc, sin, guard. Rusty.
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

Mubrak
02.20.2018 , 01:02 PM | #5
I have a 60 Mara, sniper, merc, sin, guard. Rusty.
Of those I'd say arsenal merc and deception sin are the "best" to get back in the saddle.
6.0: Do not add that gaudy flashing icon above every vendor's head without an option to turn it off.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

Letsjet
02.20.2018 , 09:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
Of those I'd say arsenal merc and deception sin are the "best" to get back in the saddle.
can deception assassin be viable at endplay?

RikuvonDrake
02.21.2018 , 12:53 PM | #7
can deception assassin be viable at endplay?
yes, all classes are viable if the player is competent, if the player isn't, even fotm classes will be underwhelming

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Vercundus
03.09.2018 , 07:41 AM | #8
If you are looking for a best class to play, let me stop you right there. There are no good or bad classes, only good and bad players. Everyone should play what they like, not what some crappy theory suggests...

tausser
01.16.2019 , 09:50 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
If you are looking for a best class to play, let me stop you right there. There are no good or bad classes, only good and bad players. Everyone should play what they like, not what some crappy theory suggests...
Well said. Play the classes you find the most fun in terms of the mechanics and the accompanying visuals (shooting lightning looks way cooler than throwing rocks, imo).
It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

VelvetSanity
01.16.2019 , 11:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by tausser View Post
Well said. Play the classes you find the most fun in terms of the mechanics and the accompanying visuals (shooting lightning looks way cooler than throwing rocks, imo).
And a Dirty Kick looks way more painful than <insert any other attack here>
Pre-CU Bria refugee
Syvari Lun - Cathar Jedi Sage
Darth Vaccina - Twi’lek Sith Sorceress