Iokath: Choose Republic or Empire ((Spoiler))

Toujou

Hello I have a question and other people opinion on this, there are proably a bunch of these threads already so sorry for this in andvance and on my spelling/grammar.

But which side did you choose or gonna choose on the iokath storyline?

Like did you go on characters normal faction or betrayed over to the other side?

Like i really want to be on the empire side even if i am a light sided jedi, yes yes i know they are maniplutive on a high sacle and can betray you at any turn but still the republic is the same deal.

For me empire and republic is the same maniplutive, power hungry A** holes all of em .. bluuuuurgh politics... Even if the rep side look all shine and glam it have way to many skeletons in the closet at least the empire is open with thiers. Acina is also a strong leader not as good as Darth Marr but they have mostly the same view on how to run things and are open to even join thier enemy to take down a common enemy even if it is for thier own intress.

So thats why i want to join the empire is becuse at least they lifted thier asses and decided on an alliance with the outlander to take down a common threath while the republic just sat on thier asses hoping zakuul would wipe out 2 strong factions.

I do not count in this seresh assanistion attempt in this since it had nothing to do with the republic, though question is why would the republic not help? Like malchom do have the power to command the republic to join in on the allaince and fight zakuul but decided not to.

Why is a good question and then come to appeal to the outlander that the republic deserve the super weapon and the empire would just use it to kill everyone, hell the rep would just do that if they got thier hands on it since they want to wipe the hole empire and the sith.

So my view on the both factions is none of them are good and not that bad either, but what mattered to me, who was there to hinder and deafet a threat by willingly join up by becoming allies with the outlander when we serched for allies? not the republic but the empire decided to take up on that..

So I ask what side did you choose and why? Or did you just go what you feelt was easier or just becuse you were a trooper or a jedi and must go republic?

Want some opinions about this sicnce i am unsure if i should go empire or republic with my re-rolled light sided jedi xD

Given the chance, I think both my Jedi and my Agent (who both chose the Peacekeeper option at the end of KotET) would have told Malcolm and Acina "Get off my planet".

As we were denied that far more logical choice, I just went with their original factions. My Agent may not give a stuff about the Empire any more (her ultimate loyalty has always been to the Chiss Ascendancy) but at least Acina helped against Vaylin's forces, which is more than Malcolm did.

Given the chance, I think both my Jedi and my Agent (who both chose the Peacekeeper option at the end of KotET) would have told Malcolm and Acina "Get off my planet".

As we were denied that far more logical choice, I just went with their original factions. My Agent may not give a stuff about the Empire any more (her ultimate loyalty has always been to the Chiss Ascendancy) but at least Acina helped against Vaylin's forces, which is more than Malcolm did.

Yhea for me it feels like Malcolm didn’t want to help out against the emperor just becuse he thought or even hoped both the allaiance and the empire would fail in thier quest. When then later the outlander shows him the opposite result he was believing would happen he goes like “yhea dude hey join the republic?”thus I do not like how he littrely left the outlander certainly if the outlander was of republic origin to die by the will of zaakhul.

Then it is proably better to stay with the faction that actually is willing to work with you from the start. I know Acina trespassed and was trying to take the weapon for her self before the republic. Though if she did not do this and wait and tell the outlander later at some point then the allaiance would proably be several steps behind the republic that acted fastest than any faction on this information but by meeting unexpected resistance slowed them down. So yhea even if she was “the outlander will notice becuse of the fighting” instead of throwing away a holo to tell the outlander “yhea me and my troops are on iokath slowing down the republic advances on taking the the super weapon though he might take it for our self too just in case ”.

She have and are a far better ally than Malcolm ever been. But when I look at Acina she do not give me the impression that she wants to wipe out the hole republic but is open for a peace treaty as long she gains something from it just be it knowledge or resources that they will split evenly or exchange for something the republic want while Malcolm is like “die die die empire”. Also the sith and the Jedi might be a problem yhea sith are mostly bad by nature but some of them are very acceptable and wise, Jedi is very accepting and wise too most of them. Though sometimes a Jedi can be cruler than any sith in the galaxy that can doom a race with no second thoughts as long it benefits the side the Jedi is on.

How Jedi’s still are considiring to be on the light side of the force is a good guestion.

If I were given the chance I'd have use the fleet to blast Acina off her "throne" and take the Empire for myself. But as KOTET ended with me forming the eternal alliance instead of my own Empire I decided to ally with her, she helped me in the fight against Vaylin while Saresh ****ed me over and Malcom was nowhere to be seen, a lot of the republic companions you recruit also complain about their complacency regarding The Eternal Empire. I also see this alliance as a way for my Outlander, who's a DS SI, to keep toes on his old Empire and hopefully integrate it into the Alliance, he's more than glad to have his own faction but he also has a special place for the Empire in his plans as he's not about to abandon his homeland.

It's a tough call really.

Yeah, Acina helped, but then she betrays you rather quickly. She excuses it with a "It's a small transgression." Yeah, history has heard that before.

Not to mention, the Minister of the Empire helped Saresh try to take your place.

While we didn't hear from Malcom, I get the idea that's because Saresh was manipulating things for her own end.

Which is what really becomes the difference. Empire is all evil people (government wise). Republic is a mix of evil and good.

Also, if Marr is so great, and he says the Empire was wrong, why would one go back to the one that's wrong, knowing they're not going to be able to change it?

That said, I wish we had the option to just ignore them both. :p

• Like 1

Pretty much Iokath sucked . It sucked that we had to make a choice , it sucked that we had to deal with it at all . It sucked as a story .

My Jedi consular LS was siding with Acina . So then , I'm given a choice to side with Mr Buttfugly Malcolm that I'm supposed to know and care who he is..Yurk.....no thanx .

Then acina bring Quinn tag along....AHHH Why did you bring him with you!!!!!!!!

So sided with Buttfugly Malcolm :(

crappy crappy crappy choices , story..etc .

Pretty much Iokath sucked . It sucked that we had to make a choice , it sucked that we had to deal with it at all . It sucked as a story .

Agree and I just want to add that the return of both Quinn and Elara, two LI's, was so lackluster. :mad:

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Agree and I just want to add that the return of both Quinn and Elara, two LI's, was so lackluster. :mad:

kinda get worse for me , Quinn is saved by class . So if I side with acina and I'm not a sith warrior...I end up with him tagging along . Urgh

I find it really hard to side with the Republic, regardless of what character I'm playing. The Empire and the Republic have changed since you last worked for them, and the Empire actively helped you against Valin while the Republic quietly sided with the Eternal Throne (according to a report sent by Theron, I think). I also don't think the entire Republic brass was in the dark regarding what Saresh was doing. They don't do anything once she's caught, but I wonder what they would have done had she succeeded. I also find Malcom very off-putting. Besides, if you make friends with Acina, you may be able to influence her in some of her decisions and start nudging the Empire to be better. It has already gotten better than it was, but there's always room for improvement and Acina seems more open to suggestions than the Republic does.

All my characters will side with the Republic simply because they hate Sith Ideology, even my warrior who I play as a guy with a more maverick sense of Jedi morals. My characters really don't care about political ideals they just despise the Sith Order and want it gone, not necessarily individuals, but the Order as a whole. My Characters respect people like Marr, Acina, Overseer Trenwell, etc. but the Sith Order is evil period!

Aslo you cant deny the humor on the comments they give if a sith joins the republic and a jedi join the empire its kinda fun in it own way.

But i still think nither side is dark or light since both are corrupted in thier own way and have thier own structure that make everything work. Also i think By changing the power structer that they have when they have in iokath i do belive that they want us to see that either side is not dark or light side you choose the side you think will do better, fits, that you gain on or just like.

Like even acinas "transgression" hell the outlander didnt tell her as an "ally" that it might be a super weapon on iokath. So her choise to act was wellfounded and what anyone would do if they got disturbing news like that.

Also like i said before acina is open to change she is ready to change the way of the empire if needed, i doubt malcom is open to change to accept not all sith are murdering lunatics((Well sith are still crazy from time to time but i think its becuse of the hardships, survival insincts and truama in thie rtraining period that have made them that way. only some can overcome it but not all of them)) and that he should stop trying to kill everyone in the empire with a super weapon.

So Acina is more valubale than Malcom also if the outlander get the choise to be able to change the empire ways then maybe there will be improvment and even a better peace treaty that benefits both side alot.

Also i just like Acina and Lana much more than Malcom and Theron xD

Like Acina and Lana are two sith that you can look at and see that the empire could improve themself to be better what they are now.

I'm also in the camp where I find it very hard to even think of siding with the Republic, regardless of what character I'm playing or their alignment. Both the Republic and Empire have major issues; neither is blameless.

But from my Commanders' perspectives, the Empire stuck their neck out and very actively supported the Alliance during their battle with Vaylin's forces, and that means something. Acina did not move in and try to take the Alliance when the Commander had vanished on Iokath in KOTET, either. She also seems much more reasonable and thoughtful than Malcom.

A major Republic figure, on the other hand, tried to assassinate my Commander and their leaders did not condemn that action (you get that email telling you that the Republic leaders are publicly bashing you for what you did to Saresh). The Republic also actively takes the stance that they will support and appease the Eternal Throne because it will benefit them (you get another email saying just that). I don't trust for a moment that the Republic would not screw me over, because they already have.

So yeah, for me it's not about ideology or who is supposed to be LS or DS, it's about actions. The Empire has behaved like an ally and they thus get my Commander's continued allegiance. Plus, my Sith would never go against the Sith Empire. I hate Quinn, but for my Sith Warriors it's easy enough to make him go away.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I'm also in the camp where I find it very hard to even think of siding with the Republic, regardless of what character I'm playing or their alignment. Both the Republic and Empire have major issues; neither is blameless.

But from my Commanders' perspectives, the Empire stuck their neck out and very actively supported the Alliance during their battle with Vaylin's forces, and that means something. Acina did not move in and try to take the Alliance when the Commander had vanished on Iokath in KOTET, either. She also seems much more reasonable and thoughtful than Malcom.

A major Republic figure, on the other hand, tried to assassinate my Commander and their leaders did not condemn that action (you get that email telling you that the Republic leaders are publicly bashing you for what you did to Saresh). The Republic also actively takes the stance that they will support and appease the Eternal Throne because it will benefit them (you get another email saying just that). I don't trust for a moment that the Republic would not screw me over, because they already have.

So yeah, for me it's not about ideology or who is supposed to be LS or DS, it's about actions. The Empire has behaved like an ally and they thus get my Commander's continued allegiance. Plus, my Sith would never go against the Sith Empire. I hate Quinn, but for my Sith Warriors it's easy enough to make him go away.

Yhea i dont like quinn either but the empire done so much more and given much support compared to the republic like i said malcom is a powerful man and he at any time could command the soldiers that are loyal to only him to help with the fight against vailyn but didnt. I do know he do not care or listen to the politics since littrely, not to listen the politicans runs in the family or how Theron said it. Empire is open for change so thier ideology could be change some what with it and like i said before i think the developers have made it so with the new ppl in command, Acina and Malcom that there is no ls or ds becuse both is equally and you can lead that side you choose to a new "era" of more freaking acceptence and lesser ideology and plotic nagging.

So staying with the empire is more beneficial and better since they are willing and open than a certain republic that can only nag. Like they say sith are master of manipulation but have they ever meet the republic politicians, nobels and high rankened people? ...uuurgh... a hole much of small devils that may be worse then sith luckily they do not have the force.

Yhea i dont like quinn either but the empire done so much more and given much support compared to the republic like i said malcom is a powerful man and he at any time could command the soldiers that are loyal to only him to help with the fight against vailyn but didnt. I do know he do not care or listen to the politics since littrely, not to listen the politicans runs in the family or how Theron said it. Empire is open for change so thier ideology could be change some what with it and like i said before i think the developers have made it so with the new ppl in command, Acina and Malcom that there is no ls or ds becuse both is equally and you can lead that side you choose to a new "era" of more freaking acceptence and lesser ideology and plotic nagging.

So staying with the empire is more beneficial and better since they are willing and open than a certain republic that can only nag. Like they say sith are master of manipulation but have they ever meet the republic politicians, nobels and high rankened people? ...uuurgh... a hole much of small devils that may be worse then sith luckily they do not have the force.

I think you've brought up two more really good points here. One being that the Empire *is* open for change. One sees that with people like Darth Marr, and Acina comes right out and says she's trying to drastically improve the Empire. The Republic on the other hand just seems to think they're awesome and toe the old status quo. When you refuse to side with the Republic, Malcom has some insult like "Sith never listen to reason" - they still don't see all their past mistakes.

And as someone else mentioned, a lot of the Republic people who join the Alliance, like Bewan Aygo and Aric Jorgan, mention they walked away from the Republic because the Republic wouldn't listen to any ideas about change or fighting the Eternal Throne.

Also, whatever the faults of the Sith Empire are -corruption, cruelty, slavery - all those things exist in the Republic too. They just pretend they don't. I think that you're right that the devs are trying to get people to look past labels and what hey think one side or the other means.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I think you've brought up two more really good points here. One being that the Empire *is* open for change. One sees that with people like Darth Marr, and Acina comes right out and says she's trying to drastically improve the Empire. The Republic on the other hand just seems to think they're awesome and toe the old status quo. When you refuse to side with the Republic, Malcom has some insult like "Sith never listen to reason" - they still don't see all their past mistakes.

And as someone else mentioned, a lot of the Republic people who join the Alliance, like Bewan Aygo and Aric Jorgan, mention they walked away from the Republic because the Republic wouldn't listen to any ideas about change or fighting the Eternal Throne.

Also, whatever the faults of the Sith Empire are -corruption, cruelty, slavery - all those things exist in the Republic too. They just pretend they don't. I think that you're right that the devs are trying to get people to look past labels and what hey think one side or the other means.

Yhea like i said in an erlier post the empire are willing to change and they are open with thier skeletons they have so they have nothing to hide so you know what youare dealing with, while the rupublic have a bunch hidden skeletons in the closet that they try to burry. So for me republic might be all shiny and sparkely, but underneath all that glamour is proably more sh*t going on than what the empire have littrely in the republic story you either see corrupt leaders of all kind or your character or a nother npc on that side might become a mass muderer of a hole race ((On taris you can choose to eradicate all rakghouls to exctintion or not. Yhea rakghouls are not good but there will be good casulties from a group that might prove to be good allies and that the evolved form, the neckghouls that have become its own race intellegent and have as much peronality as any other race, also most of them can use the force. Eradicate them is a LS choise on that one..))

So yhea there is no dark side or light side but if you want to go for the side that would be better for the galaxy take the one that are up to ally with you in need, help you, put up support, also that is willing to change thier view on others and situations that they normally would murder everyone.

Like even Dart Malgus was a kind darth before his wife got killed, even the god damn emperor had a time when he wasent a heartless bastard that wanted more power. So yhea the empire have the abillity to change that proably what they want but most of them just do not know how and they need the push from someone to show them a way to that goal.

I don't recall slavery being active in Republic controlled worlds. Just Hutt ones. Unless it's illegal and under the Rep's nose.

Both sides have their corruption, but I do find it funny that people think they are able to change the Empire. You side with them, you don't take control of them. Acina stays in power, and while she may be more pragmatic than other Sith, she's still a Sith who thinks it's best to kill those beneath her, make transgressions against allies (doesn't matter if there was a super weapon on Iokath or not...allies don't actively go into another allies territory with their military to blow away anyone who gets in their way, without telling the ally first).

Also, the betrayal of the Commander was done by both the Republic ex-Official (Saresh was out of office) and a current Empire Official (Lowman is a Minister of the Empire).

The real question is, what type of Alliance does the PC run and which side fits it closer. Peacekeeper? Republic. Sith Empire is not a peacekeeping type of government and never will be. No sort of alliance with them, will change that.

Oppressive Alliance? Sith Empire all the way! However, it's an alliance between two governments that would be openly aggressive to each other at some point, as both would consider themselves top dog.

Mix and matching could happen. However, it never play out well. For the PC or the player :p

Should've been a third option to stay neutral on it all and keep them both off the world under your territory really.

I don't recall slavery being active in Republic controlled worlds. Just Hutt ones. Unless it's illegal and under the Rep's nose.

Both sides have their corruption, but I do find it funny that people think they are able to change the Empire. You side with them, you don't take control of them. Acina stays in power, and while she may be more pragmatic than other Sith, she's still a Sith who thinks it's best to kill those beneath her, make transgressions against allies (doesn't matter if there was a super weapon on Iokath or not...allies don't actively go into another allies territory with their military to blow away anyone who gets in their way, without telling the ally first).

Also, the betrayal of the Commander was done by both the Republic ex-Official (Saresh was out of office) and a current Empire Official (Lowman is a Minister of the Empire).

The real question is, what type of Alliance does the PC run and which side fits it closer. Peacekeeper? Republic. Sith Empire is not a peacekeeping type of government and never will be. No sort of alliance with them, will change that.

Oppressive Alliance? Sith Empire all the way! However, it's an alliance between two governments that would be openly aggressive to each other at some point, as both would consider themselves top dog.

Mix and matching could happen. However, it never play out well. For the PC or the player :p

Should've been a third option to stay neutral on it all and keep them both off the world under your territory really.

Looking at the Republic as the faction to support peacekeeping is a bit short-sighted IMHO. During the war against the Eternal Throne they actively supported and appeased Vaylin and Arcann's rule, which meant they supported the oppressor. Jace Malcom pretty much says he's in it for what the Republic can get.

One of the first quests in Coruscant is helping a guy who thinks his wife has been kidnapped and sold into prostitution. She has actually run away, but the premise is that she was captured and taken as a slave, and the local law enforcement shrugs about it. There's another quest where it's mentioned that the Justicars routinely kidnap people and press them into slavery/service as soldiers and go after their families...and that is just on Coruscant, right under the Senate's nose - never mind elsewhere.

The Jedi kidnap children, and the Republic laws give them the right to do so. Their parents have no rights to ever see or contact them again, and the kids know nothing other than what they've been brainwashed by the Jedi to believe. Kidnapping kids and indoctrinating them could be seen as a form of slavery IMHO.

Even though Saresh is out of office during KOTET, you're told that the current government if the Republic is her puppet. The Republic sends a letter after the Saresh incident saying that they privately agree with what you did, but will bash you publicly - they publicly endorse her and her actions. Saresh is also a key figure in the Republic for a long time and she's a lot more corrupt than any Imperial.

The Republic kills those beneath them (they were running the Foundry program that sought to exterminate anyone with Sith heritage, and the Jedi are trained to kill all Sith - Ashara says this straight out). Point being, again, the Empire and Republic aren't different. The key difference is that one helped the Alliance and one did not.

And the Empire *is* already changing - for instance, accepting aliens for training at the Sith Academy, more aliens in positions of power, disavowing the Emperor, the alliance formed by Marr with Satele Shan during SoR, etc. There's nothing on the Republic's end that shows they are making similar progress.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Looking at the Republic as the faction to support peacekeeping is a bit short-sighted IMHO. During the war against the Eternal Throne they actively supported and appeased Vaylin and Arcann's rule, which meant they supported the oppressor. Jace Malcom pretty much says he's in it for what the Republic can get.

One of the first quests in Coruscant is helping a guy who thinks his wife has been kidnapped and sold into prostitution. She has actually run away, but the premise is that she was captured and taken as a slave, and the local law enforcement shrugs about it. There's another quest where it's mentioned that the Justicars routinely kidnap people and press them into slavery/service as soldiers and go after their families...and that is just on Coruscant, right under the Senate's nose - never mind elsewhere.

The Jedi kidnap children, and the Republic laws give them the right to do so. Their parents have no rights to ever see or contact them again, and the kids know nothing other than what they've been brainwashed by the Jedi to believe. Kidnapping kids and indoctrinating them could be seen as a form of slavery IMHO.

Even though Saresh is out of office during KOTET, you're told that the current government if the Republic is her puppet. The Republic sends a letter after the Saresh incident saying that they privately agree with what you did, but will bash you publicly - they publicly endorse her and her actions. Saresh is also a key figure in the Republic for a long time and she's a lot more corrupt than any Imperial.

The Republic kills those beneath them (they were running the Foundry program that sought to exterminate anyone with Sith heritage, and the Jedi are trained to kill all Sith - Ashara says this straight out). Point being, again, the Empire and Republic aren't different. The key difference is that one helped the Alliance and one did not.

And the Empire *is* already changing - for instance, accepting aliens for training at the Sith Academy, more aliens in positions of power, disavowing the Emperor, the alliance formed by Marr with Satele Shan during SoR, etc. There's nothing on the Republic's end that shows they are making similar progress.

RE: Slavery in the Republic - if I remember correctly, the first chapter of the companion novel "Annihilation" mentions that the Republic tends to turn a blind eye to slavery unless it involves captured Republic troopers or other assets of value.

Just thought I'd throw that in there on top of the stuff you already mentioned!

My characters tend to side with the Empire, even Jedi...for the reasons that you already mentioned.

Lorman may have an official title, but he's always been a deceptive little worm, going all the way back to "Annihilation" and his dealings with the Ascendant Spear. I'd say that he shouldn't be representative of the whole, and Acina is very quick to jump on the "kill the traitorous little $@$%@#" train, whereas the Republic government officially disavows any dealings with Saresh and openly speaks against the Commander if she is executed.

Edited by Dracofish

Lorman may have an official title, but he's always been a deceptive little worm, going all the way back to "Annihilation" and his dealings with the Ascendant Spear. I'd say that he shouldn't be representative of the whole, and Acina is very quick to jump on the "kill the traitorous little $@$%@#" train, whereas the Republic government officially disavows any dealings with Saresh and openly speaks against the Commander if she is executed.

Well yhea Acina proably never expected him to betray her in the begining so she got pissed as most sith gets, but you can stop her from killing him. Also diffrence between him and saresh is that he do not have support, no one respect him they only put him there becuse they thought he would be to scared to go against acina or betray her also he have no real power over the empire he is just a face. While saresh she was respected, have support from diffrent important ppl and she had/have alot of power. Yes loreman may be between death and prision but its same for saresh or even worse since either she gets killed by the outlander and we get **** from the republic or she spare her so she "lose" republic backing mostly becuse they used her as a scapegoat since she failed with her plan on taking over the allaince by any means. Even if she have allies she could regroup by she have tons of enemys and by disavows saresh and throw her out on her a** have given her enemys a chanse to burtally murduer her since she have lost the protection that she usally had from the republic.

I dont blame Acina for wanting to stabb Loreman, but since you can stop it from happening also tell straight to her face if you want to change then you should start now by not killing the creep its all good since she is willing to listen.

But to sum up the situation with Loreman and Saresh

Loreman = A puppet , a fake face for the empire - proably Kill, exile or imprisonment

Saresh = A repulblic Scapegoat - Proably Killed by outlander, exiled, imprisonment or brutally murderd by her enemys

Or something like that..

Criminals take slaves. The republic does not. There's a difference there.

I still have no idea where people get the Jedi kidnap children aspect, I've never read it anywhere in the lore/books I've read. What book is this in? That said, we know for a fact the Sith do. That's stated straight out the gate in the Empire side. Raina is in hiding because of it. They also don't care what level of force user you are. "You can move a pebble and nothing more? Well, you're still going, you just won't last long."

Sooo, assuming there's truth to this Jedi stealing kids, Sith do it too. Also, as for how the Jedi operate, lets notice a few things with that. "You've got the force ability! But you're suckie with it! You're no longer a Jedi!" And the person feels bad for not being a Jedi! :p "Look! I found someone who isn't a sith or a jedi with force powers! Maybe we should train them!" "Well, we don't know..."

So, the game for sure makes no mention of forcing people to be Jedi just because they're force sensitive and no mention of kidnapping.

The Foundry, run by Revan (ex-Sith), who was a little mad to begin with? Which obviously can't be a problem with everyone, as there are PBS not only in the Republic but in the Jedi.

Let's look at that Ashara comment. Made by the padawan who didn't get her Masters lessons. Versus a Jedi Knight class that can get a Pure Blood Sith Sith to change sides.

It's not that Jedi were trained to kill Sith on sight, it's that some of them said "I don't trust sith and **** em all." Which, let's be fair, is a well deserved first thought to go with when it comes to Sith.

Also, I don't recall the letter to the Commander saying "We'll burn you in public, but support you in private." for what was done to Saresh. Was that only if you made a DS choice? Only if you were Empire?

As for the Empire's more aliens in power...yeah...if they have force powers. Yeah, they make good soldiers. That's about it. :p

Let's look at that Ashara comment. Made by the padawan who didn't get her Masters lessons. Versus a Jedi Knight class that can get a Pure Blood Sith Sith to change sides.

It's not that Jedi were trained to kill Sith on sight, it's that some of them said "I don't trust sith and **** em all." Which, let's be fair, is a well deserved first thought to go with when it comes to Sith.

Also, I don't recall the letter to the Commander saying "We'll burn you in public, but support you in private." for what was done to Saresh. Was that only if you made a DS choice? Only if you were Empire?

I wouldn't say Scourge "changes sides" at all. He fights with the Knight to take down the Emperor, but states over and over that he will always be Sith and that will never change. In fact, he even mentions that he gets amusement out of trying to bring the Knight to the Dark Side. Does he kill Empire soldiers in service to the Knight? Yeah, but they're allies working together towards a common goal. At no point is he ever "Hoo-ah I'm a 'Pub now!"

And yeah, you most definitely get a letter from Malcom right after executing Saresh stating that the Republic will officially speak out against the Outlander, but privately he gives a high five. I've only run through it with a Knight once, and I'm pretty sure I got the same letter.

I'm retiring from this debate after this comment, because if one is inclined to believe the Jedi and Republic are as pure as driven snow and the Sith and Empire are somehow much worse, I guess one will. It's not true, however.

Criminals take slaves. The republic does not. There's a difference there.

They do not stop it. They are complacent, all while pretending there's no slavery. They only intervene when it's someone important to their cause. That's worse IMHO.

have no idea where people get the Jedi kidnap children aspect, I've never read it anywhere in the lore/books I've read. What book is this in? That said, we know for a fact the Sith do. That's stated straight out the gate in the Empire side. Raina is in hiding because of it. They also don't care what level of force user you are. "You can move a pebble and nothing more? Well, you're still going, you just won't last long."

Book of the Jedi, for one thing. it's a standard part of Jedi lore. The Republic laws allow Jedi to take any kid with Force sensitivity and cut off all attachment with their families forever.

Ashara mentions she was taken as an infant and has not been able to contact her parents since. Jaesa's parents also say they were told to never expect to hear from her again.

Sooo, assuming there's truth to this Jedi stealing kids, Sith do it too.

Actually, there's nothing in Sith lore or in any of the books that suggest they do this at all. Thana Vesh's parents for instance refuse to have her trained. There's another quest on Hutta between parents who are fighting over whether to send their kid to the Academy. Raina is in hiding because it's *expected* to send your kid to be trained, but the Sith do not steal children or expect them to forsake their families.

The Foundry, run by Revan (ex-Sith), who was a little mad to begin with?

The Jedi sprung him from Malestrom Prisom and the Republic and Jedi actively supported and protected the Foundry, which planned to kill 98% of Imperial citizens (the amount with any Sith heritage). They supported genocide. They also ran a prison on Belsavis that imprisoned the children and grandchildren of criminals - people who had done nothing wrong but were being kept in jail for life because of something their parents did.

Oh, and speaking of Belsavis and the Republic's respect for aliens, they also started the domination experiments there where they made the alien prisoners fight each other to see which would be the best soldiers. The Empire continued them, but they wouldn't have had the idea without the Republic starting it.

Ashara's a lifetime student of the Jedi and her comments are mirrored by others. As for Scourge, he helps the Jedi Knight because it furthers his goal of defeating the Emperor. He makes it very clear he is still Sith and still an adherent to the Sith Code.

Which, let's be fair, is a well deserved first thought to go with when it comes to Sith.

Only if you believe all the stereotypes and see things in black and white.

Nope. Everyone gets it, and it says just that. The Republic never repudiates Saresh's actions regardless of your choices and they actively support the Eternal Throne. They support the Eternal Throne, let's say that again. They support oppression, and the only difference in KOTFE and KOTET is that their corruption and cruelty is out in the open. They're worse than the Empire in every way.

As for the Empire's more aliens in power...yeah...if they have force powers. Yeah, they make good soldiers. That's about it. :p

Actually they have aliens working everywhere from the military to the Imperial Science Service, very actively.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

My Agent sided with Republic because even though she is loyal to the Empire, during her Story line given my options I felt that the Sith wanted to take her out of the picture. So I joined the republic to fight against the Sith learn Intel about the republic then stab them in the back when the time comes. Well that is how I project it in my head anyway. Inquister and Consular side with their respective faction

I always side with the Empire. The Republic didn't lift a finger to help against The Eternal Throne, now they demand I break an alliance to help them? I wish my SI had force choked Malcolm right then and there, but for some reason, he keeps forgetting he can do that.

As for Acina, I hope I get to betray her just like she tried to do the alliance.

Personally, I would have preferred using my fleet to bomb them to hell and back, but whatever.