Sin/Shadow 6.0 Changes

BurningGrim

What about the nerf to Phasing Phantasm for sin tanks? Instead of damage absorption, we get force regeneration?? What does a tank need that for? That was my favorite utility for my sin tank. Now whither does something kind of unpredictable instead of the reliable absorption when you hit force speed.

Perhaps I'm playing a different game, but Shadow is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was.

Using 6pc 306 Death Knell and the Two Cloaks tactical my burst DPS seems at a whole new level, seems strong in PvP and reliable and stable (when timed against boss phases) in Ops and FPs.

The only let downs, Shadow Stride can still put you into orbit and we have lost our damage mitigation on tanking from Force Speed (the overall reduction aswell 60% to 25%), not to mention our awful 75 skil which is abhorrent albeit useable (barely) in PvP.

Let me know if you think I'm wrong and why!

Perhaps I'm playing a different game, but Shadow is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was.

Using 6pc 306 Death Knell and the Two Cloaks tactical my burst DPS seems at a whole new level, seems strong in PvP and reliable and stable (when timed against boss phases) in Ops and FPs.

The only let downs, Shadow Stride can still put you into orbit and we have lost our damage mitigation on tanking from Force Speed (the overall reduction aswell 60% to 25%), not to mention our awful 75 skil which is abhorrent albeit useable (barely) in PvP.

Let me know if you think I'm wrong and why!

Stealtyh classes are gear much faster then other classes due to stealth runs. There is a gear disparty atm. However inful assin is very strong with tatical sealing atm but once they blow their load it's over.

Tank sins are at the bottom again and once again need to be a psudo dps class to be viable.

Edited by allexj

Okey, couple answers.

"Redirected wrath" - on my shadow it is called "Ancient tomb of Wrath" and it does+ 2% to shield absorption - that is not exact damage reduction - pretty trash. I use "durasteel wall" instead.

"force speed damage reduction", well ...not for tanks. Now tanks has mana regen :D Dps get 25% reduction.

As for tank, my best now is:

1% each 10s heal set + 2% alacricity pieces

Pvp guarding like VS door / OPs = "durasteel wall"

Any other cases - "Luck always changing"

Ops - plain shield absorb relict, other cases change to healer relic which do additional 15k heal, triggered by set.

On long run "luck always changes" negates -10% dps by tank stance, and add some a bit. I.e. tank acts as dps without crits.

Also I want to try "exploding shield" set, should be ok for packs' farm as it should rise dps about 10%.

Edited by alexzk

I dont get it. One of the main skills for sin tanks... nerfed from 60% to 0% ... because of reasons? Its devastating. :(

I'm not actually talking about that. The nerfed our overall dps which hurts pvp. They did not give us any tank sets worth anything and on top of that because tank stats are so horrid in pvp you have to stack dps so your no longer a tank. So the most shadow tanks could do to be viable is something like 30/40 shield/absorb and then go full-on power/crit. We have no real self heal on OS situations. The only OS one we have is 6 seconds long which is trash imo. Keep in mind our DCD is between 1-2mins long and even with stacking alcty we at most could only drop them by 8 seconds. They just arnt grate in pvp right now.