Tharan Cedrax`s holographic companion - bug or pain in the ***?

iankalo

Holiday ... Is she bugged? She pulling ads when she randomly dancing around. If you fighting group of ads on the edge of other group of ads vision , she pulling them when she appears. Is that normal? She is just a holo. She shouldnt get the enemy npcs attention. Not to mention , we are not calling for her out at all :p You may die a lot because of her. Edited by iankalo

Holiday ... Is she bugged? She pulling ads when she randomly dancing around. If you fighting group of ads on the edge of other group of ads vision , she pulling them when she appears. Is that normal? She is just a holo. She shouldnt get the enemy npcs attention. Not to mention , we are not calling for her out at all :p You may die a lot because of her.

Sometimes groups of mobs aren't separate groups at all. I've died many times because I thought groups were separated but they weren't. But that's exactly what Holiday does when mobs need to be controlled and kept from hitting/shooting you/companion.

Edited by Halinalle

She is just a holo. She shouldnt get the enemy npcs attention.

Er, that's the whole point of her, in combat at any rate. She distracts them with her sexy dancing (quite why it works on things that ought not be interested in such things is another matter entirely).

She permanently has this effect on Tharan, too. He's more interested in his sex toy that he can't actually touch than any woman with a real body that he can. My naughty Sage found this out. :)

Oh, they are separated , Im 100% sure. They are standing there like a statues , but when Holiday start to dance they are hitting her and then attacking me. Try to play with Cedrax on mega-super-duper-high-ads-populated Makeb :p Edited by iankalo

Seems like a bug, as the Holiday ability is a single target CC as far as I'm aware. It shouldn't be affecting anything other than the group you are fighting, I wouldn't have thought.

Or maybe you were just accidentally too close to the other group, and Holiday's appearance was coincindental? A lot of folks have this problem with Makeb without Holiday getting involved.

Pure speculation on my part, don't run with Tharan much, I still prefer my big lizard guy.

Edited by PLynkes

Or maybe you were just accidentally too close to the other group, and Holiday's appearance was coincindental? A lot of folks have this problem with Makeb without Holiday getting involved.

Im sure its her fault. Well , its not a big deal :) I can handle the mobs but sometimes its annoying cuz I dont need to kill that much ads to finish the mission or to clear the way.

Pure speculation on my part, don't run with Tharan much, I still prefer my big lizard guy.

I prefer to play with female companions , available for romance. But its easier to use your healer. Its really hard for me to kill elites or bosses with dps/tank :) They are drinking my health really fast.

My Sage is a healer herself, so on my ship Tharan is just along for the ride. As the romance between them petered out due to his obession with his holo-girlfriend he is now neither use nor ornament.

I'd quite like to kick him off the ship, actually. The noises coming from his cabin are rather unsettling.

Edited by PLynkes

I propose you to turn-off Holiday. As long as Holyday is here Tharan isn't doing anything either... and he may attempt to use it on un-controlable NPCs.

As long as companions' mezzes are channeled, they won't be worth of enabling in my opinion.

I propose you to turn-off Holiday. As long as Holyday is here Tharan isn't doing anything either... and he may attempt to use it on un-controlable NPCs.

As long as companions' mezzes are channeled, they won't be worth of enabling in my opinion.

This is my opinion as well. Shame they'll most likely never address it, even though HK-51 and Treek have a couple of stuns that fortunately are not channeled.

Haha :) Sorry for my noobness. I didnt even know about this ability - "Deploy Holiday". I thought the dancing holo girl is just a visual effect. I made this thread about this - visual effect which interacting with the enemy NPCs. It sounded funny and something like bug.

Im just rushing to do all of the 8 classes for achievements and I didnt check my companion`s abilities.

Edited by iankalo

Holiday ability works same way than Doc's carbonize burst (or whatever) so mob is incapacitated for few seconds, but so is Doc because ability is channeled. I turned off everything but healing so thats not my problem, and my Sage is healer herself so I use Iresso around